SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Video of Pensacola Police chase and shooting
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Video of Pensacola Police chase and shooting Login/Join 
Picture of cne32507
posted
editorial with video This editorial ran last week and includes the chase and shooting videos and a body cam video.

This happened in July and there has been unrest ever since. Bad shooting in the opinion of the PPD. Interesting to read the policeman's training officer's assessment of the policeman back then; he seemed to predict later trouble with this man who quit, rehired and promoted.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I would say emotion took over the cop's decision when he grabs the drivers throat (after the guy got out of the car).

I don't really see any 'unrest' here in the area, but then again I don't roll downtown very often.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Is this the same shooting? It appears to be from the suspect vehicle. In this article it says the suspect disarmed another officer- in other words got ahold of his weapon.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/w...ng-in-pensacola/amp/

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:

Is this the same shooting?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/w...ng-in-pensacola/amp/
Don't know, the suspect (is that the correct word in this case?) was not named in your linked article, but the date of both incidents is the same, July 5, 2019.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
It's the same one. Same unmarked pickup truck inside the crime scene. Description of the pursuit is identical.

Moral of the story?

Don't run from the police.

Don't resist the police.

Don't fight the police.

Chris Rock nailed it.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fairly leisurely chase through the neighborhood.
And it took a long time for backup to show up.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
The cop was wrong, but what would I expect if I refused to pull over for the police and led them on a silly neighborhood tour while I ignored them? It would be unprofessional, but I would expect some rough treatment.

I sure as heck wouldn't fight them. They have guns and numbers.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If a cop grabbed me by the neck like that, I would have fought back too. Rehiring Siemens is going to cost the city plenty. Why don't those that do the hiring follow the recommendations of training officers? Talk about throwing away money.

As to the perp, he should not have grabbed the officer's weapon. He did and paid for that choice.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
With what I know about them, I would not hold that department up as an example of professionalism

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
A couple of local gals made the news for a 'crime spree' in Northern California. Got themselves all shot up. When cornered in a cul-de-sac, the gals tried running their rented Malibu through the officers. "I'm shot" one of them is heard on a body-cam recording. No shit, girl. Roll big-time Thelma & Louise, that's what happens.

This happened September 28th but I just noticed it now. The point? If a cordon of officers are pointing guns at you, and you drive into them, they will not jump out of the way.
2 Local Women Shot By Officers After Going On Crime Spree In Northern California
By CBS3 Staff - Nov 4, 2019 at 10:15 pm

SAN MATEO, Calif. (CBS) — Two local women were shot by police after going on a crime spree in Northern California. Officers shot the women during a dramatic confrontation that was caught on police body camera.

San Mateo police say they opened fire on Taleah Johnson, of Philadelphia, and Rickita James, of Newark, Delaware, after they drove toward officers at the end of a high-speed chase last month.

The women were accused of shoplifting from 11 locations around the state.

They face a long list of charges and are recovering from their injuries.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal....hnson-rickita-james/

https://www.smdailyjournal.com...38-cb568825f531.html

https://vimeo.com/370376366/a101f9e073

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
If you run from the cops, they might not handle you gently when they catch you.

If you fight the cops, they might shoot you.

I need to see more to determin if it was a clean shoot or not, but given the running and resisting, the cop gets the benefit of the doubt until shown otherwise.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
With what I know about them, I would not hold that department up as an example of professionalism

Yeah, I'm glad I live out of the city limits and have the Sheriffs Office on patrol.

Concerning the strike to the neck / face, I think it's instinct to fight back, especially as a man.

The perp should have stopped of course and not continued fighting but that cop isn't a professional - he needs to find a new line of work, like janitor or trash man.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
The chasee throws two white papers out his window at 2:14. Probably paper napkins...

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post