SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So lets talk about Ft Worth!!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So lets talk about Ft Worth!!!! Login/Join 
JOIN, or DIE
posted
Buddy came into town. He's familiar and friends but I just moved here. Billy Bob's in the stockyards after 5 bars is treating me good! Texas!!!!! Holy Crap I love Texas!!!! After living in Chiago and NY I am totally down for this place!!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: EmpireState,

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Easy boy. Don't do what you can't undo Eek

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19187 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Well, as an adopted-in Texan, myself (36 years ago) I am happy that you are happy here. Texas and Texans have been good to me, even though I was brought up in Detroit, Michigan. I also love my new home state!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
After Chicago and NY, it feels like paradise, doesn't it? Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26387 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
I grew up next door in Dallas and did not know how great Fort Worth was. I got a job there and after two years of a 78 mile round trip commute said screw it and moved there. If is a pretty great town. I had to move again and I miss it.

It is so easy to call it DallasFortWorth, but the FW folks really view their town as separate (and better) town, and most of the Dallas folks never go there and really don't know much about it.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1891 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High standards,
low expectations
Picture of Surefire
posted Hide Post
I have friends in Fort Worth, and would move there in an instant if such a thing were easily done.

The reward for hard work, is more hard work arcwelder76, 2013

Posts: 5252 | Location: Edmonton AB, Canada | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
ibanda ^^ We really do, no offense... but we love our Fort Worth! 7th Street has a different flair but it's worth checking out also (@ OP).

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DFW native for 57 years. Wouldn't live anywhere else. Glad to have you in Ft. Worth.
After you try Joe T. Garcia's, you must try Babe's for their fried chicken. We like the one in Roanoke just north of Ft. Worth proper.

Stay safe, Steve

I Drink & I Know Things

Posts: 352 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Yep, gotta love Fort Worth. When we first moved here in the late 70's I thought it was going to be all cowboy hats, chewing tobacco with cuspidors everywhere and good-ol-boys driving beat up pick-ups down dusty roads with beer cans rattling around the back. Oh wait, we've still got that! Wink

Seriously, Fort Worth has grown into one fine city with everything from the cowboy scene to the fine arts. Unlike Dallas, Fort Worth is a solid Republican/conservative city which suits me just fine.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I lived I Arlington while going to school. The big push back then was to change the initials from DFW to DAFW since Arlington had the theme parks and the stadium....

Anyway, Ft. Worth always had a more laid back feel to me. Dallas was ok, but a bit too ...cosmopolitan?, maybe, for my taste.
We spent a lot of time at the Stockyards. I wonder if "Tejano Rodeo" is still down there?

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Howdy 'pardner (nobody here really talks like that).

Try Tim Love's Wood Shed off of University. Great indoor/outdoor smokehouse/bar with exotic game specialties daily and live music on weekends. Oh, and Rodeo Goat off of 7th for the best burger and brew in DFW!

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Texas is one of very few places we'd consider moving. We are planning to spend more time there in the near future to see if we like it.

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chansen92
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
Yep, gotta love Fort Worth. When we first moved here in the late 70's I thought it was going to be all cowboy hats, chewing tobacco with cuspidors everywhere and good-ol-boys driving beat up pick-ups down dusty roads with beer cans rattling around the back. Oh wait, we've still got that! Wink

Seriously, Fort Worth has grown into one fine city with everything from the cowboy scene to the fine arts. Unlike Dallas, Fort Worth is a solid Republican/conservative city which suits me just fine.
I was stationed there while in the Air Force during the sixty's. I was in Texas several years ago and decided to visit Carswell Air Base Again. I was very disheartened to see all the white uniforms in the middle of Texas. I did not remember seeing any battle ships on Lake Worth. It was quite a change from a Strategic Air Command base to a joint training base. It was really sad not to see all the B-52 and B-58's lined up on the tarmac. With a little imagination I could easily hear and see the B-52's and B-58's roaring down the runway during an alert. You never knew if the alert was the real thing or just another practice. You never had time to worry about it because there were only minutes left before nukes would come raining down. We did not have any bunkers to get into so there was no protection for the ground crews. All SAC bases and the near cities and towns would all have vanished if the alerts had been for real. At one point in the early sixties we were only minutes away from the real thing and that was very a scary time. But what the hay, we all survived those times and I thought so then and I still think that Ft Worth was a good place to live and if I ever decided to live somewhere else Ft. Worth would be the place.

Posts: 1622 | Location: owosso,Mi. USA | Registered: August 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
I was down in the sundance square area. A friend had come into town and some other guys I knew and his cousin came out. We started at the Red Goose saloon which was a nice laid back place. Atter that we took a walk and went to the Flying Saucer, which had a really cool outdoor area and had dinner. Then on to some spanish place for a few dos equis served by a group of very attractive female bartenders.

Aftet that.....the group wanted to head to the Stockyards so off we went. We got to a place called Billy Bobs, which was a gigantic country western place with some concert going on. Dont recall ever being at any country western place. We were a little tipsy at that point so the group kinda split there. Ordering a beer....a 23 year old college chick asks me if I can dance, to which I replied "yes mam". Big Grin So the city guy was doing the best two-step I could manage. I was also not dressed for the occasion. I dont own cowboy boots and wasnt wearing cowboy type shirt. Gonna have to fix that. All in all, it was super fun and I enjoyed myself.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Now buy yourself a pair of Lucchese boots for dress and some Lamas for fun and find some Cinch jeans and count your blessings for landing in such a great town!

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Be sure to go to ML Leddy's and drool over the boots.

Great boot store, had the glorious smell of leather.

HK Ag

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Fort Worth really is a great town. It may not have the glitz of Dallas or Houston, but it's got an attitude all its own. Definitely a more family friendly town as well. We're moving back this summer and can't wait.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
FTW is Texas. Dallas is a beach head of Yankeeland.

Posts: 5738 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
I wound up in the Houston area after 47 years in the New York City metro area.
It was a good move for us.

The transfomation is almost complete.

Just need to buy some boots.
Smile

Posts: 4129 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I grew up north Fort Worth (Watauga/Keller area). I left because I wanted somewhere that wasn't so flat or so busy. But if I was going to move back to Texas, Fort Worth would be one of my top choices.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post