SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FLOP Goes the Missle
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FLOP Goes the Missle Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Daily Caller 3/4/17:

Pentagon has hacked into NK's missile launches

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by the_sandman_454:
Thankfully, this new ICBM only seems to have a maximum effective range of approximately 37 feet. Razz If you look really close, the label says 'ACME.'
Geez that was good... Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
I wonder if trump and china lasered the damn thin during take off.

More likely they hacked into the control system and blew it up on the launch pad.

More than likely the guy that was lighting the fuse tripped and knocked it over.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Chief design engineer must be Wy Li Kyoti

Michael

Posts: 1100 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfanbob229:
Wonder how many of his scientist's will be executed for that boo boo.

Execution is via anti-aircraft guns. That is his style.

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Despotic regimes can rarely foster the creativity and tolerance for the scientific experimentation necessary to execute any great technological leaps.

Nobody wants to take credit for anything, everyone hopes for the best and is planning their blame game for when the inevitable failure arises.

How good of an education can NKor provide their "rocket scientists?" If they can't get trained domestically, who is going to accept NKor students abroad?

Incompetence is much more likely than sabotage.

China has major trade relations with South Korea. Regional destabilization is bad for business. As crazy as the last two Kims were, they at least seemed to know who held the better hand between them and China. The new guy, not so much, and all the while Chinese economic investment has been rising.

I actually think the folks with the most to lose in terms of reunification is South Korea: look at what happened to the West German budget when West and East Germany re-united. Bringing a former communist state up to speed is a tremendous financial burden--even more so considering how backwards NKor is compared to the relative difference between West and East Germany.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thankfully, this new ICBM only seems to have a maximum effective range of approximately 37 feet. Razz If you look really close, the label says 'ACME.'

LMAO. Beep Beep

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
They couldn't get it up. Bless em.

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
quote:

And a Harbor Freight flux capacitor.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2008 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"ROOK... NO FROP!!!"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I know nothing about icbms. I just watch a good number of youtube videos on NK and I have two thoughts:

1) Everyone is SKINNY as a rope in the country except for the leader

and 2) the way they march with that hard skipping way, a lot of them aren't going to be able to run very far pretty soon the way they're stressing their feet.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
I know nothing about icbms. I just watch a good number of youtube videos on NK and I have two thoughts:

1) Everyone is SKINNY as a rope in the country except for the leader

and 2) the way they march with that hard skipping way, a lot of them aren't going to be able to run very far pretty soon the way they're stressing their feet.

Yeah, but they sure can get down.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8350 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

Execution is via anti-aircraft guns. That is his style.

A variation of blowing from a gun.

Posts: 27929 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would not be surprised if the North Korean missile was destroyed by a US or Japanese laser either airborne on a plane or from a satellite. Contrary to what SCIFI leads you to believe, most lasers will be invisible to the naked eye, so if it was used no one would be able to see it, unless they were actually using special optics to look for it. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3067 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Ordinary incompetance could explain it.
Hanlon's razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15477 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
how creepy this all looks

like something from Mad Magazine rather than world news

Posts: 19565 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Trophy Husband
Picture of C L Wilkins
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3200 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
When Kim "dies"...the entire country will either celebrate or make Jonestown look like a church picnic.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4572 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonder who has the notebook concession in the NK?

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
how creepy this all looks

Maybe he's peeking up the women's skirts....

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post