SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Virginia Arms Company in Manassas, VA closing
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Virginia Arms Company in Manassas, VA closing Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Whoops! A friend, who works across the street from Hopkins Gun and Tackle, just confirmed the rumor that Hopkins is closing. That is distressing for many reasons, not the least of which is that they are good people.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I was speaking to a friend of mine who owns and runs a very small gun shop/FFL and he said he's hearing a lot of this, that a lot of gun shops are in "distress" as he put it and there will be a lot going under.

It's really ironic that they did extremely well during the Obama Panic years, but now that things are "safe" under Trump, it's tough times for them.

This owner told me that he can't give AR's away right now and that many suppliers cranked up production during the panic years, they are sitting on lots of inventory they can't move.

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went by this morning, it's pretty much picked clean except for holsters, quite a few long guns, and consignments. They had a few hard to find magazines for my FNX, so I grabbed them. The staff seemed upbeat though.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I was speaking to a friend of mine who owns and runs a very small gun shop/FFL and he said he's hearing a lot of this, that a lot of gun shops are in "distress" as he put it and there will be a lot going under.

It's really ironic that they did extremely well during the Obama Panic years, but now that things are "safe" under Trump, it's tough times for them.

This owner told me that he can't give AR's away right now and that many suppliers cranked up production during the panic years, they are sitting on lots of inventory they can't move.

On top of thqt the terms for financing are not nearly as favorable as they were 3 years ago. Everyone's belt is tight.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post