SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Considering checking a pistol in my luggage...except I have to change planes
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Considering checking a pistol in my luggage...except I have to change planes Login/Join 
Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spokane228:
quote:
Originally posted by Monk:
quote:
Originally posted by AZSigs:
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
It is legal to ship it to yourself in another state for the purpose of your lawful use. See atf website.

May a nonlicensee ship firearms interstate for his or her use in hunting or other lawful activity?

Yes. A person may ship a firearm to or herself in care of another person in the State where he or she intends to hunt or engage in any other lawful activity. The package should be addressed to the owner “in the care of” the out–of–State resident. Upon reaching its destination, persons other than the owner may not open the package or take possession of the firearm.
ATF Q&A

What if you're staying at a hotel?

I've shipped things in care of "Guest in room xxx". I'm sure the hotel would be happy to hold it at the front desk. Or maybe ship to a local UPS.

I feel like maybe you stay in nicer hotels than I do. Haha!

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Monk:
quote:
Originally posted by AZSigs:
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
It is legal to ship it to yourself in another state for the purpose of your lawful use. See atf website.

May a nonlicensee ship firearms interstate for his or her use in hunting or other lawful activity?

Yes. A person may ship a firearm to or herself in care of another person in the State where he or she intends to hunt or engage in any other lawful activity. The package should be addressed to the owner “in the care of” the out–of–State resident. Upon reaching its destination, persons other than the owner may not open the package or take possession of the firearm.
ATF Q&A

What if you're staying at a hotel?

As long as follow ATF's direction.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post