SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lynch Probe Opens
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lynch Probe Opens Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Just like everything else nothing will come from this. Nothing more than a dog and pony show.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25418 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And

you say???

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Just like everything else nothing will come from this. Nothing more than a dog and pony show.

This. It is a waste of time. Nothing will happen to Lynch.

If you want something to happen to her, or the Clintons, or Holder, then open a criminal investigation. A Senate hearing is not a criminal investigation. They have no power to do anything other than make a recommendation to a (liberal) judge who will then do nothing.

I am sick and fargin tired of hearings for this and hearings for that. Here's an idea...maybe the Congress could actually do the job they were sent there to do rather than convening hearing after hearing for the sole purpose of being on reality TV. Yeah, I know, silly expectation.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

This. It is a waste of time. Nothing will happen to Lynch.

If you want something to happen to her, or the Clintons, or Holder, then open a criminal investigation. A Senate hearing is not a criminal investigation. They have no power to do anything other than make a recommendation to a (liberal) judge who will then do nothing.

I am sick and fargin tired of hearings for this and hearings for that. Here's an idea...maybe the Congress could actually do the job they were sent there to do rather than convening hearing after hearing for the sole purpose of being on reality TV. Yeah, I know, silly expectation.

I usually find myself agreeing with you, Gustofer. But not this time.

The Senate hearing is just the first step. I think that there is a crime there, a provable crime, and that the Trump Administration can and will hold her accountable.

Wait and see.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Senate hearing is just the first step. I think that there is a crime there, a provable crime, and that the Trump Administration can and will hold her accountable.

Wait and see.

Thanks,

Sap

One can always hope! Perhaps the real question is, "Are there enough elected officials who have "clean skirts" to pursue this action?

I truly hope so, but have doubts.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Before the election, I said that HRC is untouchable, no matter what she may have done. I believe the same is true of Lynch, Holder, Lois Lerner, etc,etc,etc. The hearings will continue, with stern-faced Senators demanding answers to seemingly important questions, but never getting to the bottom of anything. With the Republicans in power, they must be seen by their constituents as "Doing something". When the Democrats are again in power, the roles will be reversed, with similar results. Kabuki Theater. Dramatic and colorful singing and dancing to entertain the commoners.

NRA Life

Posts: 1564 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rock185:
Before the election, I said that HRC is untouchable, no matter what she may have done. I believe the same is true of Lynch, Holder, Lois Lerner, etc,etc,etc. The hearings will continue, with stern-faced Senators demanding answers to seemingly important questions, but never getting to the bottom of anything. With the Republicans in power, they must be seen by their constituents as "Doing something". When the Democrats are again in power, the roles will be reversed, with similar results. Kabuki Theater. Dramatic and colorful singing and dancing to entertain the commoners.

I agree with everything except I believe the Democrats will prosecute and even jail any Republican for any reason they can find. They would gleefully put Trump in prison right now were it possible.

That's always been the difference between the two parties. Democrats play smash mouth politics the Republicans play thumb wrestle.

I've said it before, nothing changes until Hillary faces a true and unbiased court of law for what she may or may not have done in regards to national security while serving as secretary of State. Hell I'll even give her the benefit of the doubt if she was before a fair and unbiased court of law.

It's not going to happen. Ever. Shit forget everything she and her husband have done before this. Her actions as SOS should be enough to send her to Leavenworth for the remainder of her life.

There will be no meaningful draining of the swamp because it all starts with her. If she were convicted and jailed the swamp would drain itself.

Lynch might be somewhat bothered she may have to reschedule a luncheon date to appear before Congress other than that she won't even break a sweat.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8531 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sportshooter:
I'm confused. Is a "probe" a "matter" or an "investigation?" Roll Eyes

Neither, it's a waste of Congressional time and energy masquerading as something important. Witnesses will claim the 5th, dogs and ponies will be heavily featured, little to nothing will change or come of it, and the associated Congress Critters will parade about and pontificate further and continue pretending they do something important or useful.

Now, an actual Criminal Investigation by an actual Law Enforcement agency - that would actually be something noteworthy and potentially useful, which I hope occurs.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
These Congressional hearings carried live are the new reality TV, long running soap operas. No Senator or Congressman can resist that kind of exposure on national TV. Much more valuable than cash to the campaign. There is a mystique about someone who is on TV, even in ordinary circumstances.

That said, bringing these things out for public scrutiny can be beneficial. Like stories in the WaPo, it might promote serious prosecutorial interest. The hearings thenselves cannot result in criminal charges, but can provide fodder for grand jury consumption.

Be optimistic, that now adults are running the Department of Justice.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
it's hard to forget the image of all those sweaty earnest Congressional charades on such as Bengazi & other Reality Island shows....yet no one went home to the Big House....yet.

Even the Congressional Citation of Unmeritorious Conduct on Holder seems to have had little direct effect.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Be optimistic, that now adults are running the Department of Justice.

Congress doesn't enforce the Law- They talk.

All these naysayers seem to forget Trump won the election he isn't helpless.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
it's hard to forget the image of all those sweaty earnest Congressional charades on such as Bengazi & other Reality Island shows....yet no one went home to the Big House....yet.

Even the Congressional Citation of Unmeritorious Conduct on Holder seems to have had little direct effect.

You understand why?

Contempt of Congress is enforced by the DOJ, then headed by Eric Holder. In a government with even a modicum of ethical behavior, an Independent Prosecutor would have been appointed to gather the documents and hustle over to the US District Court to file enforcement proceedings as provided by law. Holder was in contempt not only of Cingress but the entire Justice system.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
Congress is doing their thing.

We have no way of knowing whether DOJ is doing THEIR thing while Congress postures. Honestly, that's kind of the way it should be. DOJ shouldn't be issuing pronouncements about investigations until it's "An indictment was unsealed today charging..." time.

Posts: 2462 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
Can you even imagine what the actual, physical arrest of HRC would look like? It would almost certainly be caught on video. If only as future legal proof of how it was actually handled. I am seeing her smug 'you are making a career fatal decision' smile on her face as she turns to finally acquiesce to being cuffed.

Then again, maybe she would go apeshit, push something over and try to make a run for it. It might wind up looking like an episode of 'COPS'. That is the fashion these days for the typical GDC.

There FIFY. Wink

And too bad they don't probe Lynch with a telephone pole, preferably one that's been climbed a lot.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
The Senate Judiciary Committee has opened a probe into former Attorney General Loretta Lynch’s efforts to shape the FBI’s investigation into 2016 Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, the committee’s chairman announced Friday.

In a letter to Ms. Lynch, the committee asks her to detail the depths of her involvement in the FBI’s investigation, including whether she ever assured Clinton confidantes that the probe wouldn’t “push too deeply into the matter.”

Fired FBI Director James B. Comey has said publicly that Ms. Lynch tried to shape the way he talked about the investigation into Mrs. Clinton’s emails, and he also hinted at other behavior “which I cannot talk about yet” that made him worried about Ms. Lynch’s ability to make impartial decisions.

Mr. Comey said that was one reason why he took it upon himself to buck Justice Department tradition and reveal his findings about Mrs. Clinton last year.

The probe into Ms. Lynch comes as the Judiciary Committee is already looking at President Trump’s firing of Mr. Comey.
<snip>

STILL not resolved.

“It is now known that former Attorney General Loretta Lynch disputed claims by James Comey. She said he twisted her words when he claimed she told him to downplay the Hillary Clinton email investigation.

Lynch’s made the comments last year, but they only came to light Monday in another set of transcripts released by the House Intelligence Committee.

Lynch said she told Comey she received a referral to open the investigation, and that she was “looking at the matter.” However, she said she never instructed him to use “specific phraseology.”

Back in 2017, the former FBI director told the Senate Intelligence Committee Lynch had directed him to refer to the probe as a “matter” instead of an investigation.”

www.oann.com/loretta-lynch-den...clinton-email-probe/

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8944 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is now known that former Attorney General Loretta Lynch disputed claims by James Comey. She said he twisted her words when he claimed she told him to downplay the Hillary Clinton email investigation.

Lynch’s made the comments last year, but they only came to light Monday in another set of transcripts released by the House Intelligence Committee.

Lynch said she told Comey she received a referral to open the investigation, and that she was “looking at the matter.” However, she said she never instructed him to use “specific phraseology.”

Wait! You mean one of them’s lying?!? What’s the world coming to

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I don't think one of them is lying.

Posts: 9503 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
I don't think one of them is lying.

Beat me to it, it's the "Daily Double"

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happiness is getting all of these scum buckets to go against each other, and try to protect their own ass!! There are some very nervous demorats out there these days!!

Posts: 6616 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
She's going to clam up tight.

"I plead the 5th" will be the only thing out of her evil mouth. Confused
She has already stated that she never told Comey to change it from an "investigation" to a "matter". One of them is lying. (OK, both of them are, but on different things. . . .)

flashguh

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post