SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Social Media: Dating Nightmare (NSFW)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Social Media: Dating Nightmare (NSFW) Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
Pretty dang funny

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Funny, but not too far off from sad truth.

Posts: 20088 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
The video is about me Big Grin .

I have never signed up for MySpace, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, etc. etc etc. Not even Linked In. Only cyberspace footprint I have are some gun forums, email, Dropbox, a couple of photo cloud sites, and online retailers. That is it.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16681 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

I have never signed up for MySpace, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, etc. etc etc. Not even Linked In. Only cyberspace footprint I have are some gun forums, email, Dropbox, a couple of photo cloud sites, and online retailers. That is it.

Same here. I guess we're both oddballs! Big Grin

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yep, that's me also. Years ago I had put in an application for Louisville metro corrections and they asked me for my social media. When I told them that I didn't have any, they couldn't believe it. They didn't believe it. They asked me over and over. They did not believe that I wasn't on faceplant, chirp, snapblab or any of that stupid shit.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
What a hoot!

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm with OddBall i don't exist... folks just look at me when I open my flip phone and remark the "1990's" are calling and I reply yep. VI

Posts: 646 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I'm 39 and don't have it. I have a twitter that is mainly used to follow breaking news stories.

People think it's crazy I don't have it...and I think their crazy for having it.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Other than SF, no other social media at all.
I have no need to re-enroll in Junior High.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16072 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:

Perfectly stated...I'm stealing that line.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I belong to a handful of different forums, and I have accounts all over the place for online shopping. But other than LinkedIn - which is kind of a professional requirement - I have no "social media" presence at all. People think I'm an oddball. Even my parents are into Facebook (grandkids and now great-grandkids, y'know).

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
So there's more of us "totally off the grid"?

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
That's me, down to the flip phone.
When people ask me about it, after I get done laughing and realize they're serious I usually say "Sorry, I'm not a 12 year old girl."

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Other than SF, no other social media at all.

Well said and spot on. At my age I have absolutely zero use for any of that crap.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16196 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:

You and I must be following the same game plan. And my wife gives me crap when we have a party at the house and I force all of my son's friends to turn off and ditch their cellphones in a box on the way in. The withdrawal pains and lack of social skills is absolutely comical to watch. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Most of the world only knows me as "H&K-Guy" from SigForum. I have no other contact with social media, save whatever picture hosting site du jour I need to post pics on.

I wonder if this is common in our community. Peaceable firearms enthusiasts must have too much common sense than to tweet about everything they are doing every minute of the day.

Even so, many of our online personas, even on SigForum, are nothing more than online characters we play. The real and genuine and kind ones among us become evident over time.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post