SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone watching the Geminid meteor shower?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone watching the Geminid meteor shower? Login/Join 
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted
A little while ago we saw one that lasted a long time. It glowed orange, and you could see flames and the outline of something between them. I've never seen one that big. Very cool.

https://www.deseretnews.com/ar...s-2018-december.html

The best time to see them is supposed to be tomorrow at 7:30 AM Eastern.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
was outside watching them a short while ago - some really brilliant slow moving ones

good show this year

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
was outside watching them a short while ago

The wife and I were also watching.

Saw A few here and there because in my back yard there is more tree visible than sky. *Might* try to get away from the house in the next night or so but I'm not losing sleep over it.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Missed it, i was out about 5:30am and didn't see anything. but it was not very clear. FAKE NEWS!

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Isn't tonight supposed to be the best night? I hope it is clear.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
We have had cloudy, cold and windy here in N Central MT for almost a week now. Missed the comet earlier this week and the meteors last night.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Caught one 0600 today walking out to my truck. Great way to start the day! Ill finish it with a few beers later. Big Grin

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7489 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Alas, cloudy all last night and rain through Sunday here.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Caught a handful here in the western part of the state last night about 10:30pm.
Very cool to see.

Posts: 3804 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
was outside watching them a short while ago - some really brilliant slow moving ones

good show this year

One in particular sometime between about 10:45 and 11 PM mountain time went over our house from west to east. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I would have thought it was fake. I could see orange flames all around something that looked to be a fairly large rock. It's impossible to judge the size, but it for sure was something of substance. Were you watching between 10:45 PM and 11 PM mountain time?

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Alas, cloudy all last night and rain through Sunday here.

Unfortunately the same for eastern PA.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
deepocean

I was outside between 115AM and 315AM - got too cold but it was severe clear. Clouded over today and I think tonight is going to be a washout

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post