SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Moose: 1, Cyclist: 0
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Moose: 1, Cyclist: 0 Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Moral of the story is that if you see a momma moose and her calf, get as far away from them as quickly as you can.

I've learned that lesson the hard way.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
That fool got off easy, the question I have is how does the Moose family get around that fence to safety?

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Looks like the "bow wave" off that moose got the biker!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Did it bite his sister?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
Remember to face south when attacking a northbound moose.
Or was it the other way around......? Big Grin

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1902 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Moral of the story is that if you see a momma moose and her calf, get as far away from them as quickly as you can.

I've learned that lesson the hard way.

My wife and I learned the lesson as well many years ago while hiking in the NW mountains of Wa. Scary shit right there. We also got run off by a bull Moose in rut in the same area.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Hat tip to that motorist who stepped up to help.

Posts: 7521 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The majestik møøse is one of the mäni interesting furry animals in Sweden.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
As a kid on a family road trip vacation west, we had a cow moose charge our Volvo station wagon in the Teton National Forest because she apparently felt we were too close to her calves.

They are BIG animals, and move surprisingly fast for their size.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Ramming SPEEEEED!!!!!

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:
Looks like the "bow wave" off that moose got the biker!
Either that or the moose is also a Master of the Force!

I think the guy saw the Moose coming and just froze up. While it wouldn't have been good for the biker, I was waiting to see him go flying.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
Did it bite his sister?

Moose bites are pretty nasty.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
I would use the fainting goat technique too. Faint and play dead.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:
I would use the fainting goat technique too. Faint and play dead.

That's exactly what I thought of. Startled goats. I actually chuckled.

Posts: 7349 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
The same thing applies to Grizzly Bears. Our SILs BIL was 4 wheeling in NW Montana over Memorial Day and rode between mom and 2 cubs. He came out okay after a helicopter ride to the hospital with a dislocated shoulder and an apparent concussion. He luckily had a helmet on.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Moose are MEAN and TOUGH and fucking HUGE!! I saw my first real moose on....appropriately Moosehead Lake and that sumbitch was gihugic and I am pretty sure he didn’t take any shit from the local bears.

You get between Moose Mamma and Moose Calf.....you better be able to haul ass on the 90 degree away line.

Now all that being said......they taste FANTASTIC!!!!

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post