Thanks again. I got it now. I was pretty much clear on that but kind of got confused talking to a CSR at that supplyhouse place. I may just go with the out of stock one at repairclinic. They were helpful on the phone and gave me an est ship date of the 17th-19th on that control. I think i can wait at this point and the price is 10% off for first time orders!
Appreciate you circling back around and helping me on this!
Happy to report I was able to get this up and running. The longest part was the wait for a back-ordered control module. I had wanted to get both parts from repairclinic.com but they were out of the control for the motor. I should have just clicked the link provided by Excam Man since I ended up getting the motor the next day but waited until this last Mon and still no ship date on the control. Got that on Amazon for about $50 more but it arrived a day early. Bought from North American HVAC via Amazon. My only complaint is it was unboxed in a USPS bubble pack. This particularly item was the electronic controls with the exposed capacitors and such only covered in bubble pack. Basically a thin double layer. I personally would have expected a $400 part to ship in a small cardboard box but I guess it works and all is well. Lol.
Anyhow, mini review
Sigforum Support: 10/10 with special thanks to Excam Man
Repair clinic 8/10 - one part back ordered part ETA keep changing and no real ship date. fast ship and good packaging on in-stock item
NA HVAC (Amazon) 7/10 - fast shipping, arrived a day early. no invoice, underwhelming packaging risking unnecessary damage to higher $$ product.
I ended up doing the repair this am and it took me about 1-2 hours taking my time to give the entire blower cavity a good cleaning. I spent a lot of time cleaning hairs, fibers and dust off of the fan turbine. I had a vacuum with brush attachment and a paint brush to clean the blades. That seemed to work well. Most of my time was spent cleaning. The actual replacement of the fan/control, installing the bracket to the motor, installing the motor into the housing and putting all together, was probably about 30 minutes of the total time. So really not too complicated. It was five bolts and a screw to get the motor on the housing, and then about a half-dozen screws to mount the housing back into the furnace. I'd say it was a 6/10 on toughness scale. Needed a little research but with good suggestions and a video or two I think it was worth my time to save about $700-800 over having the tech do it. Mostly was trying to be careful to not over-tighten screws and to make sure everything was properly plugged in and in place.
Thanks for the update. It's not very often that we get 'the rest of the story'.
Glad to hear everything is up and running.
|Powered by Social Strata||Page 1 2|