SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Apparently it's a bit windy on the East Coast.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apparently it's a bit windy on the East Coast. Login/Join 
Veteran of the
Psychic Wars
posted Hide Post
I work in the tower that was evac'd yesterday. Although I was not present (I was off yesterday), I can tell you that when the wind blows hard, that tower rocks back and forth enough to make you sick.

That was one long, hard, blow yesterday (and not the good kind, either).

Posts: 1294 | Location: The end of the Earth... | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I saw shingles all over the place from neighbors. Lots flapping in the wind but staying on their roofs. Mine look good from the front, can't see the back without climbing up. Anyone know if I should have it looked at? If everything looks in place is that all that matters?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
The fact that 95 S is closed and they do not know when it will reopen is insane. At least they have the HOV lanes to use but if that's not fixed by Monday morning it's going to be a huge mess.

A good friend has some flashing hanging and it's been banging against her house. I told her I would help her out but not until the wind dies down. No way I'm going up a ladder now. I think tomorrow should be better.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
On my way to church today I saw a HUGE tree laying on the ground right between a house and a shed, this guy got really lucky. The tree was easily 3 feet diameter trunk with a root ball the size of a VW Beetle!

Also heard that a train got blown right off the track Friday somewhere south of Philly. Eek

Posts: 33602 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was a wee bit windy. We’re waiting for another Nor’easter this Wednesday and possibly another one over the weekend. It keeps things exciting. Lol

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I found a few shingles in the yard too. Haven't figured out if they're mine yet.

quote:
95 South is closed because the sign for the Potomac mills shopping mall is in danger of falling onto the roadway from the continued sustained wind force

That sign has been up over 20 years and survived the derecho we had several years ago

Actually, the current sign went up in 2011 after the previous one got blown down.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post