SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Apparently it's a bit windy on the East Coast.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apparently it's a bit windy on the East Coast. Login/Join 
Picture of Sock Eating Golden
posted

Rest of my finds here.

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
PUSSIES!!

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Great.
Can’t wait to see what EWR is like in 6 hours.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sock Eating Golden
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
Great.

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great day to fly a Stearman or a Cessna tailwheel equipped airplane.

I really liked the pirep that said everyone threw up.

I've only thrown up once in my airplane. I was over dalton georgia and hit some turbulence so bad it made me sick. i knew better but tried anyway to hurl out the window of a cessna. It just makes a bigger mess when it blows back into the cabin with you. That second hot dog at the fly-in was a bad idea.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
Great.

Likely cancelled - nothing moving in the NE corridor

http://hint.fm/wind/

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4572 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
Not exactly small aircraft; a CRJ200 and guppy!

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I did a flight like that, from Baltimore to Dulles when AA had a cancellation at BWI and booked me on a flight out of Dulles. It was the bumpiest flight I have ever been on, take off to touchdown, just terrible, lots of throwups. I have ~1700 hours PIC in small airplanes, too.

One of those General Yaeger flights where you were in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Never eat the fish.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I totally lost interest in Disney World after they closed Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
All the local schools here in the DC area are closed.

The frecking fed. the government closed here for wind. WTF is wrong with them. Sure it's windy but really.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
I am sure the storms are due to manmade global warming; people in CA driving too much (at least that's what my neighbor claims.) Roll Eyes

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
I totally lost interest in Disney World after they closed Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

We were in Orlando over the holidays to enjoy the freezing rain. Smile

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
We're getting sustained gusts up to about 50 on the ground here. I had to grab my trash can really fast after they picked up this morning, it was already heading down the street.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
It's a bit breezy out today for sure. Schools closed from NOVA to Richmond and at least as far west as Charlottesville. Power outages everywhere and trees all over the roads. I-64 West was cut to 1 lane for a bit while I was heading out due to a downed tree.

My uncle was headed to work this morning and actually ended up getting stuck between 2 downed trees a couple of miles apart on a 2 lane road.

Funny thing is that while I lived out west in AZ and CO, the wind pretty much blew like this all of the time. It's not until you mix in large trees and soggy ground that it begins to really be an issue.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
A lot of older wooden fences & trees blown over around here.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
No power when I go him today but it came back on with 45 minutes.

Some trees down, most looked like they were dead. I've seen downspouts and metal flashing coming off some homes today. Lights out and sings also down.

Not great but really not to bad. Neighbour was taking pictures of his car when I came home. Walked over and there was a 10' piece of metal flashing that had come off a house and scratched his door.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Just got off the phone with my dad in Rappahannock. Garage roof blown off the neighbors place. Roof blown off one of the hay barns. Several large trees down (100+ year old oaks) and power lines down all over. One has sparked a fire less than a mile away. Several agencies involved including the fire control team for Shenandoah National Park with a dozer. It is really close to a house that was used as a hospital during the Civil War. Still no signs of letting up in that area and they are still without power.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Imagine trying to use the toilet.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Pussies my ass, this is just unpleasant Wink

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post