SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Riddle time (7666) again for a chance to win a ** P226 Combat ** >>> Winner on p.9 <<<
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Riddle time (7666) again for a chance to win a ** P226 Combat ** >>> Winner on p.9 <<< Login/Join 
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post
It has no significance, you just enjoy toying with us!

Wink

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

Chapter 76, verse 6, subsection 6.0b: and John said to the opastles... "You will never win this pistol"

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"Be Sure To Drink Your Ovaltine."

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Gotta go with the 7 seals and 666 being the number of the beast, but hey, who knows? Oh yeah, 12131 knows Big Grin

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15572 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
Strong's concordance has no reference for number 7666 in the new testament but it does refer to old Testament שָׁבַר shabar (To buy or sell) which leads me to think you're talking about the Revelation of John in the new testament concerning not being able to buy or sell if you do not accept the mark on your forehead or right hand.

Is the two part answer your forehead and right hand? Or buy and sell? Confused

quote:
Revelation 13:17 King James Version (KJV)

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

If this is not the correct answer, it should be.
Two parts of the body, forehead and right hand.

Very clever how mark123 put this together.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
If go on the 7666 verse in the bible which is around John 11:38-44 the resurrection of Lazarus, then we could say that Jesus created the first Zombie, patient zero being Lazarus.

Posts: 1696 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
This is the prophecy by John of Cesar Nero burning down Rome.

The 7th seal indicates and apocalyptic event. 666= Cesar Nero (widely debated).

A known fact of past history is that 2000 years ago, during the time of John the Revelator, Caesar Nero was the reigning emperor of the Roman Empire. Nero reigned from 54 - 68 AD. It was also common public knowledge then that Nero's own num- ber was 666, since each letter of the Greek & Hebrew alphabet's had numer- ical equivalents, equalling a person's name.

http://www.heisnear.com/666.html

Tony

This message has been edited. Last edited by: benny6,

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of the Hudge
posted Hide Post
7 is the number of God and 666 is the number of the beast as revealed by the apostal John in the book of Revalation.

Posts: 799 | Location: Inland Nortwest | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
Strong's concordance has no reference for number 7666 in the new testament but it does refer to old Testament שָׁבַר shabar (To buy or sell) which leads me to think you're talking about the Revelation of John in the new testament concerning not being able to buy or sell if you do not accept the mark on your forehead or right hand.

Is the two part answer your forehead and right hand? Or buy and sell? Confused

quote:
Revelation 13:17 King James Version (KJV)

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

If this is not the correct answer, it should be.
Two parts of the body, forehead and right hand.

Very clever how mark123 put this together.
That verse always makes me think of how the name of the Savior is on our right hand. Taking a mark on it is a perversion.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
To add to my previous post, The Book of Revelation was written in code by the Apostle John to the churches in order to pass through Roman screening as they would read his letters before sending them.

He had to write the letter in vivid and outlandish style in order to make it off the island in which he was in exile.

Revelation is a recounting of history and a prophecy of things to come.

I will add that "7" could mean the seven-headed beast or as Revelation 17:10 says seven "kings".

The heads of the 7-headed beast or "seven kings" representing seven kingdoms:
1. Egypt (fallen)
2. Persia- the "bear in Daniel 7" (fallen)
3. Babylon- the "lion in Daniel 7" (fallen)
4. Greece- the "4-Headed Leopard in Daniel 7" (fallen)
5. Syria (Assyria) (fallen)
6. Rome (In power at the time of writing, not yet fallen)
7. Turkey (Ottoman Empire) (future, not yet fallen Revelation 17)

So 7 could refer to seven kingdoms and 666 referring to Cesar Nero (still widely debated today but he was definitely an antichrist of the times), a man (6 being the biblical number of man), being the 6th emperor (5 emperors before him Julius, Augustus, Tiberius, Caligula, Claudius) of the 6th kingdom (the 6th head of the beast) at the time of John's writing. It all kind of depends on what direction he's going with this.

And 666 bearing "the mark of the beast" would fit Cesar Nero's reputation. He is well known for his creative torture methods of early Christians. After Rome burned down, Roman citizens blamed Nero who shifted the blame to Christians. Christians were interrogated, tortured, burned to light city streets at night, crucified, dressed in animal clothes and fed to wild dogs (maybe lions too?) and generally put to death for public amusement's sake.

My church did an exhaustive study on "The Book of Revelation" about 15 years ago. I'd have to dig deep into my storage to find the workbook with my notes. I did a quick internet search to refresh my memory of what I vaguely remember from that study series.

This was a good read on the beasts with the 7 heads and 10 horns.
https://focusonjerusalem.com/theidentityofthe7.html

Though widely disputed (what in The Bible isn't?), here is a good article supporting 666 as Nero...

First, The Michigan Catholic: Revelation 13:8 says, "Wisdom is needed here; one who understands can calculate the number of the beast, for it is a number that stands for a person. His number is six hundred and sixty-six." The Greek name "Nero Caesar" put into Hebrew letters is NRON QSRN, which adds up to six hundred and sixty-six. If this were all we had to go on, then Nero would not be any more likely a candidate than any other name that could add up to this number, but there is one more piece of evidence that points to Nero. We learn from the early Church father Irenaeus of Lyons that in his day (c. AD 180) the reading "666" was "… found in all the most approved and ancient copies" (Against Heresies, 5, 30, 1), but he doesn't tell us what number the minority manuscripts give. There is manuscript evidence that the alternative number is "616." But why this second number?

It's possible that the second number comes from the Latin version of Nero's name, which, when put into Hebrew letters drops the second "N" (Hebrew, Nun) so that it reads, NRO QSR instead of NRON QSR. Since "N"Nun) has the value of "50." The Greek version of his name when put into Hebrew letters has the value of 666, while the Latin version has the value of 616.Where did it come from? Nero also seems to be a likely candidate in that Revelation 13:3 speaks about the beast having one head that "… seemed to have been mortally wounded, but this mortal wound was healed. Fascinated, the whole world followed after the beast." Roman historians report that after Nero committed suicide in AD 68, there was a widespread belief - possibly generated through the prediction of a group of astrologers - that Nero was not dead but would return to power soon. After Nero's death, there were three imposters who pretended to be “Nero Redivivdus” (Nero reborn).
(Source: http://www.themichigancatholic...017/05/666-add-nero/)

The CRI website also has the following excellent material by Hank Hanegraff:
Multitudes today assume that 666 is a number representing a modern-day beast about to be revealed. Placing the beast in the twenty-first century, however, may well pose insurmountable difficulties. First, John, the author of Revelation, told a first-century audience that with "wisdom" and "insight" they would be able to "calculate the number of the beast, for it is man’s number. His number is 666" (Revelation 13:18). Obviously no amount of wisdom and insight would have enabled a first-century audience to calculate the number of a twenty-first-century beast. It would have been cruel and dangerously misleading for John to suggest to first-century Christians that they could identify the beast if, in fact, the beast was a twenty-first-century individual or institution.

Furthermore, unlike today, transforming names into numbers (gematria) was common in antiquity. For example, in the Lives of the Twelve Caesars Roman historian Suetonius identifies Nero by a numerical designation equal to a nefarious deed. This numerical equality (isopsephism) is encapsulated in the phrase: "Count the numerical values of the letters in Nero's name, and in 'murdered his own mother' and you will find their sum is the same." In Greek the numerical value of the letters in Nero's name (Greek: Nevrwn, English transliteration: Neron) totaled 1,005, as did the numbers in the phrase murdered his own mother.

This ancient numerical cryptogram reflected the widespread knowledge that Nero had killed his own mother. Finally, while "Nero" in Greek totaled 1,005, the reader of John's letter familiar with the Hebrew language could recognize that the Greek spelling of "Nero Caesar" transliterated into Hebrew equals 666. Moreover, the presence in some ancient manuscripts of a variation in which 666 is rendered 616 lends further credence to Nero as the intended referent.

The Hebrew transliteration of the Latin spelling of "Nero Caesar" totals 616, just as the Hebrew transliteration of the Greek, which includes an additional letter (Greek: "n"=50, English transliteration: "n"=50), renders 666. Thus, two seemingly unrelated numbers lead you to the same doorstep - that of a beast named Nero Caesar. Twenty-first-century believers, like their first-century counterparts, can be absolutely certain that 666 is the number of Nero's name and that Nero is the beast who ravaged the bride of Christ in a historical milieu that included three and a half years of persecution.

In the end, Peter and Paul themselves were persecuted and put to death at the hands of this Beast. Indeed this was the only epoch in human history in which the Beast could directly assail the foundation of the Christian Church of which Christ himself was the cornerstone. (Thanks to CRI and Hank Hanegraff. Source: http://www.equip.org/bible_ans...-the-meaning-of-666/)

http://www.ukapologetics.net/17/nero666.htm

Tony.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: benny6,

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Even if this isn't what you're looking for, thanks for making me go back and do a good bible study.

As iron sharpens iron....

Tony.

posted Hide Post
The number seven represents perfection. It is used repeatedly in the bible, but specifically in Revelation, to describe the ultimate fulfillment of the gospel promise (the restoration and redemption of creation).

The number 666 is often associated with the enemy (i.e. the mark of the beast) but people often overlook that John refers to 666 as "a man's number." (Rev. 13:18). There are a lot of theories as to the significance of 666, but when contrasted with 7 (perfection) it comes up short three times (in each manifestation of the Godhead, perhaps).

At bottom, the sequence 7666 connotes the perfection of God and the equally-fallen nature of both man and the enemy.

Posts: 995 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Every Verse in the Bible with a sum of 7666 from the Bible Wheel

There is a vanity which is done upon the earth; that there be just men, unto whom it happeneth according to the work of the wicked; again, there be wicked men, to whom it happeneth according to the work of the righteous: I said that this also is vanity. Ecc 8:14

Then said Jeremiah unto Zedekiah, Thus saith the LORD, the God of hosts, the God of Israel; If thou wilt assuredly go forth unto the king of Babylon's princes, then thy soul shall live, and this city shall not be burned with fire; and thou shalt live, and thine house: Jer 38:17

And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. Joh 17:5
And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour. Rev 8:

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6486 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
John 14: And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

probably not the answer, but I like this verse
also, hoping nobody gets it and my hat in the ring for drawing

thank you

Mr P

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2012 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I'm stumped. I even ran this by my friend, a Bible Scholar and Editor employed by the Bible Museum in DC.

I have no idea, so I'm going to say that, due to inflation, the 76 Trombones have been downsized to 66.

Enjoy the video.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/hdd6q0pW4DM

Posts: 11839 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The gematria provides a numerical value for each Hebrew and Greek word in the Bible. There are two verses in the King James translation of the New Testament with a total value of 7666 - John 17:5 and Revelation 8:1, both of which were written by John.

Posts: 995 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
Book of Revelation (to John)

8:1 And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.

13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is six hundred threescore and six.

Also, the 7666th verse in the New Testament is Revelation 6:17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Posts: 1456 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1554 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
so you don’t have to waste time chasing rainbows. Ha ha ha.

Your childhood home was:

7666 RAINBOW Dr
Cupertino, CA 95014

and you left your childhood Bible there that had an explanation of Revelations written in the margins.

Posts: 10932 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rackrack:
Book of Revelation (to John)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post