SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Riddle time (7666) again for a chance to win a ** P226 Combat ** >>> Winner on p.9 <<<
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Riddle time (7666) again for a chance to win a ** P226 Combat ** >>> Winner on p.9 <<< Login/Join 
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
Your mother’s name was Ruth.

Her birthday is either today or Feb 1st.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Connoisseur of
Fine Firearms
Picture of lbaker45
posted Hide Post
666 is the number of the beast, the number of a man. 7 angels had the vials of the 7 last plagues poured out upon the earth.

Posts: 1926 | Location: Midwest | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
7+6+6+6=25. 25=the number times verily, verily was used in the book of John. Smile

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Well, John authored Revelation, and in it prophesied the beast (the mark of which is "666") would have 7 heads and 10 horns.

That's a sharp-lookin' Sig, btw, and thanks for the chance, Q!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Jesus, being God in the flesh, has that number for his extension.

"Call now! Operators are standing by..."

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
my guess Q, is by using the 666 in your 7666 reference you are trying to throw member's off. That reference is to easy. But it is working.
Something tells me it is about one of John's imprisonments. Hmmm.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19173 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Strong's concordance has no reference for number 7666 in the new testament but it does refer to old Testament שָׁבַר shabar (To buy or sell) which leads me to think you're talking about the Revelation of John in the new testament concerning not being able to buy or sell if you do not accept the mark on your forehead or right hand.

Is the two part answer your forehead and right hand? Or buy and sell? Confused

quote:
Revelation 13:17 King James Version (KJV)

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Who was Diotrphes? He was considered the first of many lesser anti-Christ's.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That god, man, and evil co-exist, but god stands alone...man must reach out to him to defeat evil.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
God's number 7 is perfection (perfect)
Devil(satan)s # 666 evil- number of a man

God is supreme and above and over satan (snake)

GOD/Israel, family, 2nd amendment rights: in that order.
Tennessee -ELOHIM IS MY GOD!

Posts: 807 | Registered: May 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Besides the Biblical references (which I understand), 666 is 18 x 37, and also the sum of the integers from 1 through 36. No idea how either of those facts is applicable to this riddle.

flashguy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: flashguy,

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grapes of Wrath
Picture of Wino
posted Hide Post
John 7:6 - Then Jesus said unto them, My time is not yet come: but your time is alway ready.

In Jesus' life as well as our own, the Father's timing is just as important as His will. Many stumble because they sense they know God's will, but they move ahead of His timing. This is a sure recipe for frustration.

Posts: 1455 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
LEGO catalog number for the Hoth Rebel Base kit.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
Lots of good answers. Don't think it's referring to the bible. No guess.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Part 1 - chapter 7
Part 2 - verse 18

He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory : but he that seeketh his glory that sent him , the same is true , and no unrighteousness is in him.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The number 7 refers to the 7 Seals of God's judgement and the number 666 is the mark of the beast.

Posts: 817 | Registered: February 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
I’m going to go with Rogues answer. This is what I was going to say.

Or

7 is the number that typicaly represent perfect God)
And
666 is the mark of the beast.

quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Revelation.
Once the seal on 7th scroll is broken Heaven becomes silent and judgment on Earth has begun. 666 being the sign of the Beast who will at that point have control of the earth as with the breaking of the seal on the 6th scroll the Rapture occurred and all Christ’s believers/followers were taken from earth to not endure the reign of judgment on earth.

Posts: 398 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
For those of you who are in this, my guess is that the "666" part is a red herring. Everybody knows that that is the Mark of the Beast. Waaaay too easy for the OP, who is a clever guy who knows the Bible. Forget the mark of the beast stuff. Just my two cents, I could be wrong.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11107 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I'm not in on this, I just want to see what the right answer is. Big Grin

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
"7" refers to the Seventh Angel: Revelation of St. John 10:7 "But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel...."
or to Revelation Chapter 7.

"666" refers to the Beast described by the Seventh Angel: Revelation of St. John 13:18 "Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2273 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post