SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Riddle time (7666) again for a chance to win a ** P226 Combat ** >>> Winner on p.9 <<<
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Riddle time (7666) again for a chance to win a ** P226 Combat ** >>> Winner on p.9 <<< Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Time to have some fun again. Big Grin

The riddle is 7666. The question is, what is the significance?

To make it not too difficult for you, I’ll give all the clues right at the beginning, so you don’t have to waste time chasing rainbows. Ha ha ha.

Here are the clues: KJV, New Testament, John. And, the answer to the riddle is two-part.
Bonus clue: Revelation. Let's make it super easy. That's the only place where you will find the answer. Smile
Last clue: See page 7. Big Grin

Good luck!

The Rules:
• You can take as many guesses as you want.
• You can consult anything and anyone.
• Game’s end date = Feb 1st, 2019

This is a time-limit game with the specified end date as specified above, not first-correct-guess-wins game (as in past riddles). So, it’s possible that there will be two or more folks with the correct answer.

a) If there is only one correct guesser, that person obviously will be the winner.
b) If there are two or more correct guessers, then a random drawing for these folks will determine the winner.
c) If no one come up with the correct answer, then I will determine the person with the closest answer as the winner.
d) If no one even comes close, then the Karmanator will pick the winner. Good luck.

The prize: This excellent P226 Combat, all original, as shown.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26376 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
Number of days since your first Sig purchase

Posts: 10202 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
666 mark of the beast, book of revelation,

No idea about the 7

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Well KJV is obviously king james version of the bible.
To my knowledge... John the apostle wrote:
gospel of john
3 epistles
revelation

My knee-jerk reaction is to go digging into chapter 7 of each one and find some way to work in the sixes.
I.E. verse 66 word 6 or something like that.
Sadly... none of them have 66 verses.

I think I'm on the right track.... but not quite there yet....

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1541 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
Part 1 - My guess is that the 7666 means the exact verse, or 7666th verse in the KJV New Testament.

Part 2 - That verse hopefully being:

John 3:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Posts: 5199 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I doubt it’s the answer you’re looking for, but the winner is one lucky(7) devil(666).

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Two parts

In the KJV the 7666th verse is John 11:40 "40 Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?"

Also in Strong's KJV Concordance, the 7666th word is Shabar- to buy grain.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
John 7:6-66
Jesus disciples withdrew from him.

Posts: 2304 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Hmm
My time has not come is the verse....
Angel #66- good things are to come

Posts: 2304 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
7666 is the number of times the word "ercomai" or "come" was used.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 95 | Location: Southeast Michigan -- Downriver | Registered: May 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Revelation.
Once the seal on 7th scroll is broken Heaven becomes silent and judgment on Earth has begun. 666 being the sign of the Beast who will at that point have control of the earth as with the breaking of the seal on the 6th scroll the Rapture occurred and all Christ’s believers/followers were taken from earth to not endure the reign of judgment on earth.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25419 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I'm going to guess that it's a reference to The Beast in Revelations, which was written by John.

The Beast is described in Revelations 13:1 as "having seven heads".

And Revelations 13:18 states "Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six [666]"

There are a large number of other references to seven in Revelations, including:

- John writes to seven churches (1:4).
- Jesus stands among seven lamps (1:12).
- Seven spirits hang around God's throne (1:4).
- The Lamb has seven horns and seven eyes (5:6).
- He opens seven seals (5:1).
- Seven angels sound seven trumpets (8:2).
- The Red Dragon has seven heads and seven crowns (12:3)
- Seven angels with seven plagues pour out seven bowls of wrath (15:7).
- The whore of Babylon rides a beast with seven heads, which are seven mountains, and there are seven kings associated with it. (17:9)

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
7666 = shabar (to buy grain)

In the New Testament, the gospel of John 12:24:26 is the Parable of the Grain of Wheat, which is an allegory on resurrection, sacrifice, and ego death, given by Jesus in the New Testament (The Gospel of John 12:24-26 (KJV):

Verily, verily, I say unto you, еxcept a grain of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal. If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

This parable is used by Jesus to teach three things. First, he teaches that he must die. Secondly, he shows God is in control. Finally, he shows that his death has purpose.

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 7th word in John 6:66 is disciples. The significance is that although God can do anything by Himself, He chooses to use His disciples as the vessels of His work.

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OR the 7th word in John 6:66 is disciples, but the disciples referred to in this verse were ones that turned away from Him; thereby followed Satan (666) instead of God (7).

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One more guess..

To buy (shabar).... 7666

In Revelation (written by John, in the New Testament of the KJV) 13:16-18:

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

What does this mean?

Spiritually, true Christians will not be able to find (buy) truth in the false Christian church of the Great Tribulation, nor will they be able to participate in this false Christian church.

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Connoisseur of
Fine Firearms
Picture of lbaker45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
666 mark of the beast, book of revelation,

No idea about the 7

666 is correct, 7 is God's perfect number.

Posts: 1926 | Location: Midwest | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
I doubt it’s the answer you’re looking for, but the winner is one lucky(7) devil(666).

This is what I was thinking about 4:39 AM but MNSIG has expressed it with brevity.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Perhaps the 7 marks the seventh seal while the 666 is the mark of the beast or devil.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
My first Bing query took me way out in left field.

7666 Rainbow —> 7666 Rainbow Dr., Cupertino, CA 95014
$2.1 Million for a 1,629 sqft house built on a 6,000 sqft lot in 1958. Wow! Eek

Part 1 - Shock, had no idea as to how ridiculous house prices were in California.

Part 2 - Hell would have to freeze over before I would ever move to California.

Part 3 - I need to look a bit closer at the clues. Big Grin

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post