SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Global Warming is causing record cold!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Global Warming is causing record cold! Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Just saw this today....
New study shows past research on rising ocean temps was built on faulty science

http://www.bizpacreview.com/20...ail&utm_campaign=DMS

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8353 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
A lot of it is faulty data. Backward engineered to fit a preconceived notion. Micheal Mann is worth about 2 million dollars, and he did that completely at the public trough. The stars make 7 figures, and many make 6 figures. For that amount of money I'd say everything is warming too.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
A lot of it is faulty data. Backward engineered to fit a preconceived notion. ..

A copule of years ago NOAA reported that sub equatorial Atlantic surface temps went down a fraction of a degree, according to measurements, the "but because we are in a period of global warming, the data must be false". Roll Eyes

However, my neighbor assured me that man caused global warming is as solid science as the law of gravity.

I have commented to some liberals that if they really believed man caused global climate change was so threating, they should commit to emit no CO2 or CH4 themselves. Didn't go over well (for those who had basic chemistry). Smile

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
If Carbon Dioxide is so bad why is it in soda pop?

So that the gov't can tax soda pop, for our own good.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Noted intellectual Ted Danson declared about 20 years ago that the oceans would be devoid of any life forms in 10 years.

This guy gets it.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DamageInc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Noted intellectual Ted Danson

I wish I hadn't been taking a drink of beer as I read that. Big Grin

Posts: 3412 | Registered: June 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post

Mount Washington is among the coldest places on the planet — and beyond

Mount Washington Observatory in New Hampshire isn’t just cold — at minus 36 degrees with a windchill of 94 below, it’s tied for the second-coldest place on Earth, according to a tweet from the observatory. In fact, according to the latest data available from the Curiosity rover on Mars, Mount Washington feels colder than the surface of our celestial neighbor, which was measured at minus 78 degrees.

As of Saturday morning, the wind was gusting at more than 100 miles per hour at the summit, which is 6,288 feet above sea level, according to the observatory’s website.

“We should end up being the coldest location tonight in the Lower 48,” Mike Carmon, senior meteorologist at the Mount Washington Observatory, told the New York Times. “We basically just start saying it’s stupid cold outside.”

If you’re wondering what place on Earth could possibly be colder than Mount Washington, it’s Eureka, Nunavut, at minus 40 degrees. But with winds of only 2 miles per hour, Eureka comes in at a balmy windchill of minus 50 degrees.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/me...hU6Zi5aGJ/story.html

And from the buffoon Gore

Al Gore: ‘Bitter cold’ is ‘exactly what we should expect from the climate crisis’

Gore’s Oscar-winning documentary An Inconvenient Truth did not warn of record cold and increasing snowfalls as a consequence of man-made global warming. And as recently as 2009, Gore was hyping the lack of snow as evidence for man-made global warming. Source: “Gore Reports Snow and Ice Across the World Vanishing Quickly.”

But as the snow piled up, the climate change claims were adjusted and cold and snow were added to the list of things caused by “global warming.” See: Warmists Wheel Out “Record Cold Due To Global Warming” Argument Again

In 2010, Gore claimed “increased heavy snowfalls are completely consistent with… man-made global warming.”

Predictions of less snow and less severe winters were hammered into the public by global warming scientists. But once that predictions failed to come true, the opposite of what they predicted instead became—what they expected.

If “climate change” is causing record cold and snow, then it would stand to reason that Gore is suggesting that if the U.S. had ratified the UN’s Kyoto Protocol treaty on “global warming” back in the 1990’s — the winter of 2018 would have been warmer?

Reality Check: But scientists are not buying the claims of Gore and Mann and others linking the record cold and snow to “global warming.”

Update: Global Warming Is Not Causing Harsh Winter Weather – Excerpts: Kevin Trenberth, a scientist with the National Center for Atmospheric Research, said “winter storms are a manifestation of winter, not climate change.”

“Such claims make no sense and are inconsistent with observations and the best science,” University of Washington climatologist Cliff Mass said of claims made by Mann and others. “The frequency of cold waves have decreased during the past fifty years, not increased. That alone shows that such claims are baseless.” “And on a personal note, it is very disappointing that members of my profession are making such obviously bogus claims,” Mass said. “It hurts the science, it hurts the credibility of climate scientists, and weakens our ability to be taken seriously by society.”

http://www.climatedepot.com/20...-the-climate-crisis/

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Contrary to popular belief, the sky is not falling. It was just a falling pinecone.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Makes sense to me. As the climate gets warmer, the temps get colder. Roll Eyes

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Well of course it is.

Guaranteed you'll start seeing The Day After Tomorrow being played over and over again on TV soon.

Well, called that one. The Day After Tomorrow is playing right now on AMC. So predictable.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
STEPHEN Hawking has reiterated his claim that Earth will turn into a boiling hotpot if runaway greenhouse gasses are not stopped.

By SEAN MARTIN
16:35, Tue, Jan 9, 2018 | UPDATED: 10:58, Wed, Jan 10, 2018

Professor Stephen Hawking reveals the danger of Trump’s action.

Professor Hawking said US President Donald Trump's decision to withdraw from the Paris Climate Agreement, has doomed Earth to one day become uninhabitable.

And repeating his warning, the physicist said climate change deniers should look to Venus which is now a boiling planet

In the second episode of his Emmy-winning web series Favourite Places, which sees the 76-year old traverse the universe in heavy CGI backdrops, Prof Hawking visits the planet Venus.

Venus, the second closest planet to the sun, was once Earth-like.

Story continues with video. https://www.express.co.uk/news...arming-weather-venus

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post