SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bank of America will no longer lend to companies that make ‘military-style’ weapons - Wells Fargo will not implement anti-gun policy (Pg 3)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bank of America will no longer lend to companies that make ‘military-style’ weapons - Wells Fargo will not implement anti-gun policy (Pg 3) Login/Join 
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I shit canned them about 11 years ago, never looked back. My Mom still banks with them, hopefully this is enough to set her over the top.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3642 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Someone else will gladly pick up the slack. BoA will get their bottom line smacked for this, and after the left moves away from patting them on the back for their virtue signaling......BoA will quietly start lending money again without fanfare.

Mark my words this will happen.

If the left catches them, they'll claim ignorance and blame a low level flunky in the Cincinnati office. The some of the same manufacturers that make scary "military style" weapons, make actual weapons the government contracts want. That billions that BoA wants their hands into.

This is nothing more than a PR opportunity.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am writing to brian.t.moynihan@bankofamerica.com he is the CEO. I am not happy with this either.

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Someone else will gladly pick up the slack. BoA will get their bottom line smacked for this, and after the left moves away from patting them on the back for their virtue signaling......BoA will quietly start lending money again without fanfare.

Mark my words this will happen.

If the left catches them, they'll claim ignorance and blame a low level flunky in the Cincinnati office. The some of the same manufacturers that make scary "military style" weapons, make actual weapons the government contracts want. That billions that BoA wants their hands into.

This is nothing more than a PR opportunity.
This, I guaran-damn-tee-it.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the same boat as SIG4EVA. I do not often use that particular card, but it's been open for almost 20 years now, and it has a comparatively high limit for "oh shit" moments. However, since the card is dormant, they get nothing from me.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
I’m forced to keep and use a BoA government credit card because I’m an AD service member. I wonder if it’s possible to push back on this requirement? I’m basically forced to do business with a company who opposes my values, and I don’t want the government to compel me to support this company. Ideas?

Since its against your morals and cultural, I do think there are some objections to be made. It works in liberal states. Tell them you are offended and its triggering you.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bjor13
posted Hide Post
they are such a terrible bank - why is anyone doing business with them?

quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Bank of America makes it official and basically says they know they will lose business and are fine with it.

https://www.washingtontimes.co...tm_content=newsalert

Bank of America will no longer lend to companies that make ‘military-style’ weapons

Bank of America officially took sides in America’s gun debate Tuesday, announcing it would no longer make loans to companies that make “military-style” weapons.

The second-biggest U.S. bank announced Tuesday that it would drop current loan-customers Vista Outdoors, Remington and Sturm Ruger, and blackball any other manufacturer of assault weapons.

Bank of America Vice Chairman Anne Finucanetold Bloomberg TV on Tuesday her bank has told those companies “it’s not our intent to underwrite or finance military-style firearms.”

“We have had intense conversations over the last few months,” Ms. Finucane told Bloomberg, a network founded by tycoon and gun-control-financier Michael R. Bloomberg. “And it’s our intention not to finance these military-style firearms for civilian use.”

Ms. Finucane, who is listed at her company biography as head of BoA’s “environmental, social and governance efforts” said she expects to lose at least some of those gun-makers’ other business as well.

“These are clients we have enjoyed a relationship with,” she said. “There are those I think will reduce their portfolios and we’ll work with them and others that will choose to do something else.”

When asked whether Bank of America would also boycott retailers who sell such weapons, Ms. Finucane parried the question and didn’t rule it out.

“That’s a good public dialogue, but that’s a ways off,” she said.

Posts: 1017 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Gun companies and anyone else, is very lucky not to be borrowing from BOA. Trust me I know!
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
We dumped them 2-3 years ago; excess to our needs. Glad we did. Their interest rates are shit.

Posts: 9039 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Meh... I quit using them 10 years ago cause they suck.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I left BOA years ago because they just plain suck at everything you want a bank to do.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16397 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LH2
posted Hide Post
I too quit BOA - way back in the '90's. High fees and crappy service.

I've noticed over the years they've been on the wrong side of politics more than once. Obviously run by libtards.

Posts: 3443 | Location: Arizona | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of course, I am sure that BOA will not longer allow their armored vehicle folks to carry any guns, and the there will be no armed guards in any of their banking facilities. Any protection for personal execs will now be carrying sticks for self defense. Gotta be consistent here......

He Is No Fool Who Gives What He Cannot Keep,
To Gain That Which He Cannot Lose!

Posts: 593 | Location: central nebraska | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LH2:
I too quit BOA - way back in the '90's. High fees and crappy service.
I've noticed over the years they've been on the wrong side of politics more than once. Obviously run by libtards.

Same here... I don't know how they survive without customers!
My credit union is small, local and provides great service.... and low or no fees.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24108 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
I wish there was a way to force them to change their name. Bank of America my ass!

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Wells Fargo Bucks The Trend: Will Not Implement Anti-Gun Policy

"We do not believe that the American public wants banks to decide"

Last week, Bank of America joined the ranks of Citigroup and other prominent businesses in the crusade against the Second Amendment by announcing that it would no longer lend money to manufacturers of "military-style" firearms -- a euphemism for guns that look scary.

Wells Fargo & Co., however, has decided to buck that trend by leaving gun legislation and regulation where it belongs: with the U.S. government.

According to Reuters, Wells Fargo Chief Financial Officer John Shrewsberry told reporters that the bank is “not currently setting [gun] policy in our extension of credit." Any change in gun policy, Shrewsberry said, should come at the hands of lawmakers, not financial institutions.

“The best way to make progress on these issues is through the political and legislative process,” he said. “In the meantime, Wells Fargo is engaging our customers that legally manufacture firearms and other stakeholders on what we can do together to promote better gun safety in our communities.”

Wells Fargo spokesman Alan Elias reiterated Shrewsberry's announcement to CNN Money.

"As our CEO has publicly stated, we do not believe that the American public wants banks to decide which legal products consumers can and cannot buy," the spokesman said. "We believe this issue requires a legislative solution that allows the public to voice their concerns."

Elias stated that Wells Fargo ensures that their customers in the gun industry comply with state and federal law.

As protests, spearheaded by victims of the Parkland shooting, have mounted across the country, various financial institutions have felt pressure to put a strain on the gun industry. Just last week, Anne Finucane, a vice chairman at Bank of America, said the organization had “intense conversations over the last few months” with gun-manufacturers regarding their new policy.

“We have just a handful of manufacturers. They know what our intentions are,” Finucane told Bloomberg. “It’s our intention not to finance these military-style firearms for civilian use.”

Meanwhile, Bank of America supports a slew of pro-abortion groups, including Planned Parenthood and the Center for Reproductive Rights.

https://www.dailywire.com/news...ement-anti-paul-bois

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24108 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^
"We do not believe that the American public wants banks to decide"

That's a nice little poke in BoA's eye from Wells Fargo haha

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15573 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Visa has also said something along the line of Wells Fargo.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Best thing that i ever did was dump BofA. They have to be the most hated banking system. Even others in the industry hate them.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wells is also facing billion dollar fines, alienating patrons would not be a smart move.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post