SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bank of America will no longer lend to companies that make ‘military-style’ weapons - Wells Fargo will not implement anti-gun policy (Pg 3)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bank of America will no longer lend to companies that make ‘military-style’ weapons - Wells Fargo will not implement anti-gun policy (Pg 3) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Wonder how many loans they give out to pot operations, which is illegal on a federal level, where guns are not.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
I think I owe them $35 for a book from Amazon, time to end my business with BoA.

Do yourself a favor and get the Amazon Prime Visa card through Chase. I get enough cash back points that the annual Prime charge is paid for.

Jim

NO. Better to open an account with your local S&L. Chase is just as crooked as BofA. Bank locally. Do you want Amazon to subject your transactions to AI ??

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Right up there with Wells Fargo, in my opinion, of best banks to avoid.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1721 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonder how many military arms contractors do business with them

That could be billions in losses

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I think I owe them $35 for a book from Amazon, time to end my business with BoA.

Do yourself a favor and get the Amazon Prime Visa card through Chase. I get enough cash back points that the annual Prime charge is paid for.

Jim
Yup.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I walked away from them years ago when they started charging for using ATMs.

Even closing the account was difficult.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Jim

I'll opt for my local credit union's card; may pay 1% interest more on it but...

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve had an account with BOA since they were called NCNB back when I was stationed at Bragg in the early 80s. It’ll take me a while to disengage from them after 35+ years, but I guess I have no choice.

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
I shit-canned them back then, so I can't boycott them any further. I guess I could reapply, just so I'd have something to cancel
Reaching way back in my dusty memory, there was a scene in a Marx Brothers movie in which a newspaper reporter was aggravating Groucho.

Groucho asked his assistant, "Do we subscribe to that paper?"

"No."

"Well, take out a subscription and then cancel it!"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Left them in the early 70’s. Their customer service sucked back then.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
My parent company uses BoA for their corporate credit card so no choice there.

However I have a personal one that I used for zero interest for a year on balance transfers from many years ago. Time to move the little balance left to another card and close that account. Screw ‘em.

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
We have had intense conversations over the last few months,” Ms. Finucane told Bloomberg

I highly doubt that.
You're a bank, a despised institution pointed-out and vilified in a variety of religious and social-philosophical texts. None of your social altruism will change the opinions of your profession, stick to being apolitical as people expect.
quote:
Originally posted by Abn556:
I’ve had an account with BOA since they were called NCNB back when I was stationed at Bragg in the early 80s. It’ll take me a while to disengage from them after 35+ years, but I guess I have no choice.

I'm in the same boat. Been contemplating moving my check/savings away from them, this is good time to do so.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Well, time to go interview some credit unions about earning my business.
B of A just lost it.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
I don’t bank with them but have a credit card. Time to close that account.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
I've transitioned to Capital One 360, but kept my BoA account open "just in case."

Guess it's time to tie up that loose end.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
FBoA

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
They issue the Bass Pro Shop credit card. I have one in my wallet. I find it hypocritical that they'd decline business with gun manufacturers and issue cards in the name of gun retailers.

I'll be cancelling mine this week. I never used it anyway so it's no big deal. I only got it to get some cash off a purchase.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig77:
I don’t bank with them but have a credit card. Time to close that account.

It doesn't hurt them to close the account, it can however hurt your credit, especially if it's one of your oldest cards. If you want to cost them money, switch to paper bills and buy one pack of gum every year. Your account will cost them to maintain, but the fees on 99¢ worth of charges per year won't come close to covering it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
What would they do if a woman owned company was turned down for a loan?

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2184 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I intentionally never used them. I have one credit card because they bought out MBNA years ago. It was my first card so I can't get rid of it due to having it for so long. I need the age for my credit score.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7058 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post