SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bank of America will no longer lend to companies that make ‘military-style’ weapons - Wells Fargo will not implement anti-gun policy (Pg 3)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bank of America will no longer lend to companies that make ‘military-style’ weapons - Wells Fargo will not implement anti-gun policy (Pg 3) Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted
Bank of America makes it official and basically says they know they will lose business and are fine with it.

https://www.washingtontimes.co...tm_content=newsalert

Bank of America will no longer lend to companies that make ‘military-style’ weapons

Bank of America officially took sides in America’s gun debate Tuesday, announcing it would no longer make loans to companies that make “military-style” weapons.

The second-biggest U.S. bank announced Tuesday that it would drop current loan-customers Vista Outdoors, Remington and Sturm Ruger, and blackball any other manufacturer of assault weapons.

Bank of America Vice Chairman Anne Finucanetold Bloomberg TV on Tuesday her bank has told those companies “it’s not our intent to underwrite or finance military-style firearms.”

“We have had intense conversations over the last few months,” Ms. Finucane told Bloomberg, a network founded by tycoon and gun-control-financier Michael R. Bloomberg. “And it’s our intention not to finance these military-style firearms for civilian use.”

Ms. Finucane, who is listed at her company biography as head of BoA’s “environmental, social and governance efforts” said she expects to lose at least some of those gun-makers’ other business as well.

“These are clients we have enjoyed a relationship with,” she said. “There are those I think will reduce their portfolios and we’ll work with them and others that will choose to do something else.”

When asked whether Bank of America would also boycott retailers who sell such weapons, Ms. Finucane parried the question and didn’t rule it out.

“That’s a good public dialogue, but that’s a ways off,” she said.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BamaJeepster,

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Fuck 'em. Unfortunately I've already refused to do business with them for being a shitty company. Is it possible to double boycott them somehow?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20814 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
BoA is a criminal operation anyway. Screw those liberal, open borders turds.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
It took me almost two years to completely unwind my BoA relationship. I will never go back!

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I owe them $35 for a book from Amazon, time to end my business with BoA.

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I never did business with those turds intentionally.

Several years ago I had an airplane loan through a bank that was in bed with AOPA (Aircraft Owners & Pilots Association). Several years into the loan, that bank was gobbled up by Bank of America.

Customer service went down the toilet. BoA was hostile, arrogant, totally lacking in any sort of customer service skills or attitude.

The day I went in to a branch to pay off the airplane loan they started to give me a runaround. I said, "here's the check. Apply it to the loan, or shove it up your ass, I don't give a damn either way." I took a quick photo of the check lying on a branch officer's desk and left. Thankfully, I have not set foot in one of their branches since.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Lets see. Liberals can't get guns via...

- Legislation/laws.
- Public opinion.

So they move to New York style extortion through financial institutions. Got it.

Wish I could boycott BofA, but given I don't bank with them now coupled with the size of my financial portfolio, I doubt they'd care one wit what I thought about any of this.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
BoA is a criminal operation anyway. Screw those liberal, open borders turds.

Yup.

Q

Posts: 26345 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BoA is just doing their bit to save Wells Fargo. Wells Fargo has announced that they'll gladly do business with gun stores, since they crapped in their own supper dish so badly with their other shady practices.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
I’m forced to keep and use a BoA government credit card because I’m an AD service member. I wonder if it’s possible to push back on this requirement? I’m basically forced to do business with a company who opposes my values, and I don’t want the government to compel me to support this company. Ideas?

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
All this AFTER our tax dollars used to prop them up...

Pissed off beats scared every time…

- Frank Castle

Posts: 3811 | Registered: March 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Well F them. Some other institution will.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Wasn’t it BoA that got bent over by the Obama DoJ and paid over a Billon+ dollars to the government. And said monies went to left wing organizations, never pretending to funnel it back to the supposed injured parties?

They must have liked what the liberals did to them!

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Isn't this the same BoA that was giving credit cards to illegals just a few years ago? I shit-canned them back then, so I can't boycott them any further.

I guess I could reapply, just so I'd have something to cancel, but it seems like a lot of effort. Can't we just attach our names to a big F-U list somewhere?

Posts: 10740 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Screw BOA. I tried to do business with them several years ago, but they kept changing the rules after I wired $6,000 into a new BOA checking account.

Then they danced around when I told them to give me back my money. I got my money and I've never been inside a BOA branch since that day.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been getting a deep seated feeling, that coming this fall, the dems and the phony liberals will get their payback.

They keep pushing their extreme agendas, and the more they do this, the more people realize wake up and see the scam. Or as Pricess Leia said: "The more you tighten your grip, the more star systems will slip through your fingers".

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
BoA can kiss my rusty red ass.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Mine, too.

We have no business with BoA, but grandson does.

Just talked to him about canceling his business.

Might get him to transfer his business to our credit union.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Around here its known as the BANK OF MEXICO. That's all they cater to.

Posts: 230 | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
I think I owe them $35 for a book from Amazon, time to end my business with BoA.

Do yourself a favor and get the Amazon Prime Visa card through Chase. I get enough cash back points that the annual Prime charge is paid for.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post