SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tire Air Pressure Gauge
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tire Air Pressure Gauge Login/Join 
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
A few years back Meiser started up their line of M-series gauges for me. But they ran afoul with their dial supplier, and after a couple years, production stopped.

One guy in Michigan, a Ford engineer, snapped up my last six straight chuck - no hose models I had Christmas 2015, I think it was. And there were no more shipments from Meiser after that.

They have a "new" Assembled in USA Accugauge with US, Swiss, and Polish parts, but I've yet to see it. Despite being promised a sample on several occasions.

They also have a large Made in USA gauge, but it is priced pretty high.

Rummaging around in my garage I've found a couple of vintage Meisser AccuGauges. I've no idea how to tell if they're still working accurately. Are they repairable-recalibratable?

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Guaranteed for life if they are not. Specify "rebuild, do not replace" if you want the old ones.

Our local Wawa chain has free air with a digital pump. It seems to be two pounds off, but I'm not sure.

When a gauge becomes "off", at least for me, it happened all of the sudden, and was 10# off on a 32# tire. That's what started the whole Meiser thing with me.

So check it with a known source, like at a tire shop, and if it seems whacked out, send it in to Meiser.

To redeem your Accu-Gage Lifetime Warranty, send gauge along with $3.00 to cover return shipping to:

G.H. Meiser & Co.
Attn: Repairs
18770 88th Ave Suite B
Mokena, IL 60448

For warranty inquiries contact us at 815-534-5578, or info@ghmeiser.com

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
A few years back Meiser started up their line of M-series gauges for me. But they ran afoul with their dial supplier, and after a couple years, production stopped.

One guy in Michigan, a Ford engineer, snapped up my last six straight chuck - no hose models I had Christmas 2015, I think it was. And there were no more shipments from Meiser after that.

They have a "new" Assembled in USA Accugauge with US, Swiss, and Polish parts, but I've yet to see it. Despite being promised a sample on several occasions.

They also have a large Made in USA gauge, but it is priced pretty high.

I'm still kicking myself for not buying a few from you when you had them...

If you get the "new" assembled in the USA and they meet your expectations, please let us know.

Posts: 1799 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
i use the Accu-tire gauge.

quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:

BTW, I'll confess for the greater good...got a new set of tires today. Asked them to check my spare. It was dead flat. Check yours soon.

When I rotate my tires, I rotate all five so the "spare" gets rotated in regularly. Of course, that also means that when I get a new set of tires I need to buy five.

Do you run radials? If so, do you carry two spares, one for each side? Curious...

Huh? My tires aren't directional. I use the "G" pattern below.

I use the "G" pattern too, works great on my trucks.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShouldBFishin:

I'm still kicking myself for not buying a few from you when you had them...

You and me both. When I found out there'd be no more shipped, I bought out the max, 20-some, limited to Meiser's dial inventory. I kept one no-hose straight chuck version with a rubber gauge guard. Keep it in my truck. A real snappy reading it gives me. Wish I had bought 200 of them. Without the rubber guard, it is a perfect back pocket fit, easy to slide in a jeans pocket if you're doing lots of tires.

For all the work, inventory, payments, depositing checks, queries, I made about $5 per gauge. With the occasional returns to manufacturer and a few samples, it was nearly a break-even venture.

One of their newest USA-made products was sent out but the price would be close to $100 and it is rather large. There were production issues, so I sent it back.

I work with one of the owners, a 3rd generation gauge man. When the time is right, he'll let me know what is available. In the mean time, I bother him a couple times a year with questions. Wink

And make sure any buyers know the warranty information.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post