SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tire Air Pressure Gauge
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tire Air Pressure Gauge Login/Join 
Dances With
Tornados
posted
I think there was a thread some time ago but it's gone now.

Who do we like for a good quality unit, accurate and consistent?

It seems they're probably all made in China now, and I just don't trust China made junk.

BTW, I'll confess for the greater good...got a new set of tires today. Asked them to check my spare. It was dead flat. Check yours soon.

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:

BTW, I'll confess for the greater good...got a new set of tires today. Asked them to check my spare. It was dead flat. Check yours soon.

When I rotate my tires, I rotate all five so the "spare" gets rotated in regularly. Of course, that also means that when I get a new set of tires I need to buy five.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

When I rotate my tires, I rotate all five so the "spare" gets rotated in regularly. Of course, that also means that when I get a new set of tires I need to buy five.

That only works if you have a full size spare with the same rim as your other tires.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16397 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
I'd like some input on this too. I'd like a good analogue dial or digital if it exists that will measure lower pressures well too. My UTV and zero turn mower both run under 10psi which I can't measure with my pencil gauges.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
quote:
quote:

That only works if you have a full size spare with the same rim as your other tires.

Well...yeah.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Do you run radials? If so, do you carry two spares, one for each side? Curious...

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
quote:

Do you run radials? If so, do you carry two spares, one for each side? Curious...

Huh? My tires aren't directional. I use the "G" pattern below.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I have one like this that's worked very well for me on my cars.

https://www.amazon.com/JACO-El...=tire+pressure+gauge

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
I'd like some input on this too. I'd like a good analogue dial or digital if it exists that will measure lower pressures well too. My UTV and zero turn mower both run under 10psi which I can't measure with my pencil gauges.

That sub 10 psi range is tough. Luckily, I still have one of these:

A Suzuki air fork gauge, designed to let you check and adjust the very small volume of air in front suspension forks. It will lose a very tiny (and very consistently predictable) amount of air pressure in doing a check.

Posts: 7254 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Huh? My tires aren't directional. I use the "G" pattern below.

Has radial tire technology moved on and it is no longer a problem to rotate radials from side to side, or are you running bias-ply tires?

Hmmm, according to most of the things I found on "the google", it appears that the old problem of radial tires "taking a set" and having problems if you changed direction of rotation (particularly on drivers) was fixed long ago. I learn something new every day. Thanks Alan!

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
I use the Slime Sport Gauge and have no complaints. It has a 5-150 psi range which I like so I can check the higher pressures in my truck tire and 5th wheel hitch air bag. Yes, made in China but I'm okay with that.

Slime Sport Gauge

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5751 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Woodman is the member who was selling the gauges.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
A few years back Meiser started up their line of M-series gauges for me. But they ran afoul with their dial supplier, and after a couple years, production stopped.

One guy in Michigan, a Ford engineer, snapped up my last six straight chuck - no hose models I had Christmas 2015, I think it was. And there were no more shipments from Meiser after that.

They have a "new" Assembled in USA Accugauge with US, Swiss, and Polish parts, but I've yet to see it. Despite being promised a sample on several occasions.

They also have a large Made in USA gauge, but it is priced pretty high.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:

Has radial tire technology moved on and it is no longer a problem to rotate radials from side to side, or are you running bias-ply tires?

Hmmm, according to most of the things I found on "the google", it appears that the old problem of radial tires "taking a set" and having problems if you changed direction of rotation (particularly on drivers) was fixed long ago. I learn something new every day. Thanks Alan!

To this day, unless otherwise instructed, I rotate peoples' tires front to back, due to too many old farts who gave me shit for reversing the rotation.

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I just bought a dial 5-50 psi gauge at O'Reilly's, it was about ten bucks and works great.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
If you want a combination gauge and inflator, I use this one daily at work. https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

0-65 psi in 1 psi gradations. If you have a truck or RV that calls for greater pressures you'll want a different one, but this one is more accurate at lower pressures. Made in Taiwan, not the Peoples' Republic.

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I use this Milton truck service gauge, and also this Intercomp dial gauge.

My garage is plumbed with an always-pressurized air supply, so I am able to check cold pressures on all vehicles inside, whenever I want to. Both gauges read to the same pressure, but the Intercomp is easier to read to the half pound. I trust either one.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AzMikeCFD102
posted Hide Post
Longacre. I own this gauge and it is the best I have ever used.

http://www.longacreracing.com/...3+%C2%BD”+Tire+Gauge

MAGA

NRA
Gun Owners of America

Posts: 388 | Location: Tucson, Az | Registered: August 17, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post