SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Serious violence in Virginia: at least one dead
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 29
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Serious violence in Virginia: at least one dead Login/Join 
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted
Drudge has been covering skirmishes and fist fights at a "white nationalist" rally in Charlottesville, Virginia. But this afternoon a car plowed into counter-protestors, killing at least one and injuring 19. There's a video on the page linked below and it's horrifying.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017...lly-in-virginia.html

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I was just reading about this.

quote:
white nationalist rally

(eyeroll)

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Yup, read this a few minutes ago. Things just seem to keep ratcheting up.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
The official name of the rally was "Unite the Right." Up to this point, the violence had been small scale.

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reading through some things today

Multiple Antifa people have been identified that were present in New Orleans not long ago

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
The official name of the rally was "Unite the Right." Up to this point, the violence had been small scale.

It was far from a Nazi rally. And white and I'm a nationalist, if they're going by that metric I guess it was a white nationalist rally. I have a bunch of friends that are there

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
What a shit show. Antifas are loving it thou, along with the Nazis.

I wouldn't put it past the Antis to drive a car into their own people.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
I was out in Charlottesville earlier getting a few things from Costco. News chopper was hovering in the distance at 11am when I got there and still when I was finished at 1230. I was coming back across 250 to Pantops and a bunch of people were walking around the various parks and across 250 itself. It's bad because they were walking on the backside of a blind hill. Even though the speed limit is 35 through there, folks regularly do 50-55. I am glad that I beat the traffic and the stupid.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
People want to throw the word terror around yet when black lies matter does this it's a peaceful protest? Roll Eyes

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
People want to throw the word terror around yet when black lies matter does this it's a peaceful protest? Roll Eyes
Yeah, the hipocracy is pretty normal for them.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
One dickhead was photographed there this morning in a T-shirt with a Hitler quote on the back. I saw it a little while ago. I'm sure it wasn't everyone, or even most who felt or dressed that way, but it fuels the fire and is unfortunate just the same. Extremist wacko.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
I don't agree with their message but just let them rally if they aren't disrupting others. Counter protesters can make things worse.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdmb03:
I don't agree with their message but just let them rally if they aren't disrupting others. Counter protesters can make things worse.

I have followed the story on a couple of websites, and I don't think there is a unified message. There seems to be a very wide spectrum, from whites who are disgusted with BLM, to actual Nazis.

You have to wonder, as RHINOSWO says, above, whether the Antifa fanatics might have done it. I think there is at least an even chance with the Nazi fanatics.

Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
One dickhead was photographed there this morning in a T-shirt with a Hitler quote on the back. I saw it a little while ago. I'm sure it wasn't everyone, or even most who felt or dressed that way, but it fuels the fire and is unfortunate just the same. Extremist wacko.

Anyone can buy any shirt and wear it. You can't make assumptions based upon it. Read Alinsky's Rules for Radicals for the playbook.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
You're not wrong, but make no mistake, there are a lot of racist assholes in Charlottesville right now. From all over. On both sides. I love that town. I was living there when I got married. I have a son born there. My wife went to undergrad and med school at UVA. But it has become a the center for assholes on both sides to converge right now

quote:
Originally posted by Wreckless:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:

Anyone can buy any shirt and wear it. You can't make assumptions based upon it. Read Alinsky's Rules for Radicals for the playbook.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I have been watching the news switching back from Fox to CNN (just to see their anti Trump spin).
I still don't really know what happened or who actually did what or a timeline of events.
I clicked over and heard Trump's conference.
To hear CNN you'd think he was driving the car.
Fox is bringing all these black people on to get their comment.
When the Antifa's or BLM riot it is no bid deal but some white lunatics rally and something happens then oh shit the world is coming to an end.
Tired of it all. Frown

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
I understand the car driver was arrested already.

No information about him, at all, including name and picture.

Wonder why.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Earlier, I turned on FAUX News for a few minutes to see what was going on. The host made the remarks that some were carrying firearms. It is legal, because in VA you can open carry with a permit.

They couldn't tell/discover the truth, even if they were choking on it!

Tell a lie often enough, people will believe it.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:

It was far from a Nazi rally. And white and I'm a nationalist, if they're going by that metric I guess it was a white nationalist rally. I have a bunch of friends that are there

They were showing a lot of Nazi and KKK people on the news. I'd protest too right until those assholes showed up. Those assholes tarnish the legitimacy of protesting to protect historical monuments.

Only two groups I despise more than BLM. I hope all three rot in hell.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
Not saying there isn't Nazis or whatever attending, but the cynic in me thinks it possible that the Left has agent provocateurs out there.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post