SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Serious violence in Virginia: at least one dead
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 29
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Serious violence in Virginia: at least one dead Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
NBC News: Senior law enforcement official confirms that Virginia State Police troopers were killed in the helicopter crash this afternoon.

2 troopers killed in helicopter crash southwest of Charlottesville, Virginia State Police confirm

Posts: 19495 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
The video I saw didn't look like he was remotely surrounded. It happened on the through street of the downtown mall. There were certainly people nearby, but no moreso than you always get in that area, and most appeared to be on the sidewalk....dude just gunned his engine and took off into the crowd

Looked To me like he was going downhill, so probably from market to water street on 2nd or 4th across the downtown mall

quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Signer said he was disappointed that the white nationalists had come to his town and blamed President Donald Trump for inflaming racial prejudices during his campaign last year.

"I'm not going to make any bones about it. I place the blame for a lot of what you're seeing in American today right at the doorstep of the White House and the people around the president."

Roll Eyes What a jerkoff...

Because the last eight years united us like never before as a country, right, you d-bag?

Mayor Siegheil (what a local radio guy calls him Big Grin), can eat shit and die as far as I am concerned. He and people like him are the reason this shit is even an issue right now. They changed the name of the park from (Robert E.) Lee Park to Emancipation Park and Jackson Park to Justice Park. Now they are going to be removing various statues that "offend" people. Here is a link to the thread I talked about this back in April of this year. People really can't leave well enough alone. They have to go and stir shit like this. They have created the chaos that is now enveloped around the City of Charlottesville, and they love it since it continues to push their agenda.

I made an incorrect statement in my earlier post. I thought it was a news chopper that I saw, it was in fact the one that crashed. Sad to see this news.

As for my take on the car plowing through people on the street: It is entirely possible that someone in that vehicle felt threatened. My family and I were fairly well surrounded by people on Rt. 250 earlier and I could see this happening especially if they were punching/kicking the car and being hostile. I don't know exactly what happened so I will withhold judgement at this very moment.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
video of the car hitting the crowd at link:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017...lly-in-virginia.html

car then backs up in reverse

car has an Ohio license plate

Posts: 19495 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just watched it again, I'm almost positive that's 4th street.....

quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
video of the car hitting the crowd at link:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017...lly-in-virginia.html

car then backs up in reverse

car has an Ohio license plate

——————————————————

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
News reports have said Fourth and Water.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah...that's what it looks like. The direction he is coming from and then reverses back toward is up by where the park with the statue in question is.

To put it in perspective, the downtown mall is an open area walking mall that was basically an area of old downtown that was revitalized. It's only been recently that 2nd and 4th streets were open to through traffic that lets cars cross it in two places

Market street borders it to the north, water atreet to the south. Lee Park, or whatever the hell they renamed it, is on market street.

It's got a lot of clothing boutiques, shops, and restaurants. Some old theaters, etc

I would imagine most Charlottesville residents stayed out of that area today, but that asshole easily could have hit people just going to lunch otherwise

quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
News reports have said Fourth and Water.

——————————————————

posted Hide Post
Most likely be more of this as revisionist's rewrite history.
My God, can't we move on?

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
mcawful was on TV addressing the events. He condemned white nationalists for violence, but not a word about the counter protestor violence.

mcawful praised the UVA students who surrounded a statue of Jefferson, which is on campus, from being attacked. I don't think the white nationalists were the ones trying to damage it.
It must have pained him so to make that statement.

Trump denounced violence coming from all sides and FAUX tried to downplay any violence, from any group, other than the white nationalists.

Several congress pukes rebuked Trump for not being specific enough in condemning white nationalists.

All the instigators of violence need to be condemned, but we know the left won't condemn anyone who they champion.

And more calls coming from the leftists that we need to be unified, yeh, under their control.

Prayers for the families of the troopers involved in the helicopter crash.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
The video I saw didn't look like he was remotely surrounded.

Watched another video from a different angle...he wound that fucker up and let it go. Clearly this person was out for blood. I really don't want anyone to feel as if I am making an excuse for any of this, but it was bound to happen. Without the libs trying to remove statues and renaming all the parks and roads, there wouldn't be any of this nonsense. The left knows that when they try something like this, there is a response; and they got the exact response they were looking for. Now all you'll see on the news is "see how Trump divides America", "Trump is a racist voted for by bigots", and whatever other stupid ass shit they can come up with.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, the spin on this is sickening already. It's helping me cull an already significantly truncated Facebook friends list

I thought Trumps statements were on point.....I'm not a fan of his, but the left calls for him to condemn...he does...then he didn't condemn enough...or wasn't specific enough. Give me a fucking break

What is becoming clear is the dickeheads from both sides aren't, for the most part, home grown

You have professional protestors on the extreme of both sides and rile this shit up and today Charlottesville got caught in the middle. Something that probably wouldn't have happened if the fucking mayor and city council had just kept quiet in the first place

For 150 years those parks have been where people toss frisbee and eat lunch

Now that you've done the name change/statue remove you've had this bullshit today, and the Klan

Way to think that through. Dipshits

quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
The video I saw didn't look like he was remotely surrounded.

Watched another video from a different angle...he wound that fucker up and let it go. Clearly this person was out for blood. I really don't want anyone to feel as if I am making an excuse for any of this, but it was bound to happen. Without the libs trying to remove statues and renaming all the parks and roads, there wouldn't be any of this nonsense. The left knows that when they try something like this, there is a response; and they got the exact response they were looking for. Now all you'll see on the news is "see how Trump divides America", "Trump is a racist voted for by bigots", and whatever other stupid ass shit they can come up with.

——————————————————

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
they got the exact response they were looking for.

That's exactly right.

BLM has been baiting whites, white men and LEOs especially, for years now to provoke this kind of backlash. Because MSM will not ever report it as a "backlash" but rather as racist aggression. This is pure Alinsky.

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Fox has a headline "Republcans Urge Trump To Take On White Nationalists".

How about the Republicans urge Democrats to take on black nationalist terrorists? The ones that try to kill and maim anything white or blue? The ones enabled by their protectors in congress and the media?

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
No law has been changed. Open carry is permitted in VA with or without a concealed carry permit.

Not quite.

In order to open carry an "assault firearm" (FN1) in the Cities of Alexandria, Chesapeake, Fairfax, Falls Church, Newport News, Norfolk, Richmond, and Virginia Beach and in the Counties of Arlington, Fairfax, Henrico, Loudoun, and Prince William) you must possess a valid Virginia Concealed Handgun Permit.

Charlottesville is in Albemarle County, and this statutory provision does not apply to open carry in Albemarle County. In Charlottesville you can legally open carry any firearm in a manner that is not considered "brandishing a firearm." FN2

As for the events in Charlottesville, all I can say "Is When Assholes Collide..." The driver who ran down pedestrians should get a fair trial before an impartial jury of their peers, with effective legal counsel, then be taken out and hung by the neck until dead.

FN1
Under Virginia law, an "assault firearm" is:
(1) any semi-automatic center-fire rifle or pistol that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material, that is
(a) equipped with a 20 or more round magazine, or
(b) designed by the manufacturer to accommodate a silencer (i.e., the muzzle is threaded), or
(c) equipped with a folding stock, or
(d) shotguns equipped with a magazine that holds more than 7 rounds.

FN2
VA Code § 18.2-282 (2016)
A. It shall be unlawful for any person to point, hold or brandish any firearm or any air or gas operated weapon or any object similar in appearance, whether capable of being fired or not, in such manner as to reasonably induce fear in the mind of another or hold a firearm or any air or gas operated weapon in a public place in such a manner as to reasonably induce fear in the mind of another of being shot or injured. However, this section shall not apply to any person engaged in excusable or justifiable self-defense. Persons violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor or, if the violation occurs upon any public, private or religious elementary, middle or high school, including buildings and grounds or upon public property within 1,000 feet of such school property, he shall be guilty of a Class 6 felony.
C. For purposes of this section, the word "firearm" means any weapon that will or is designed to or may readily be converted to expel single or multiple projectiles by the action of an explosion of a combustible material. The word "ammunition," as used herein, shall mean a cartridge, pellet, ball, missile or projectile adapted for use in a firearm.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31366 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Some white people actually had the audacity to get together in defence of their culture? How dare they!

Posts: 10825 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Per Foxnews.com, it is now three (3) dead. One pedestrian and two (2) Virginia State Troopers killed when their helicopter crashed.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31366 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
It's kind of ... odd... to lump the two killed Troopers who died in an accident that could have happened anywhere at any time... into the death toll from the rally. It's like they are trying to pump up the numbers of those killed by the "white racists."

And the hypocrisy of demanding that Trump condemn this terrorist attack by white supremacists is staggering. NEVER any such demand when BLM is responsible for burning, looting, rioting, killing whites and LEOs.... Do they not see how they are fanning the flames?

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Not surprised whatsoever in any of this.

Not a single bit.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43802 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
quote:
The official name of the rally was "Unite the Right." Up to this point, the violence had been small scale.

It was far from a Nazi rally. And white and I'm a nationalist, if they're going by that metric I guess it was a white nationalist rally. I have a bunch of friends that are there

They were showing a lot of Nazi and KKK people on the news. I'd protest too right until those assholes showed up. Those assholes tarnish the legitimacy of protesting to protect historical monuments.

Only two groups I despise more than BLM. I hope all three rot in hell.

I don't know, I wasn't there. I'm obviously against the kkk and WN, but I don't think they make up any sort of significant demographic. I'm skeptical, but will try to get some inside info from people in attendance.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
I have a friend who is a chopper pilot for the State Police. God, I hope that wasn't him.

Plates on the car were from Ohio.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10350 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
they got the exact response they were looking for.

That's exactly right.

BLM has been baiting whites, white men and LEOs especially, for years now to provoke this kind of backlash. Because MSM will not ever report it as a "backlash" but rather as racist aggression. This is pure Alinsky.

Spot on.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post