SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ok, what's up with Youtube?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ok, what's up with Youtube? Login/Join 
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
It's part of the Trumps messages to the Amish to the Russians, according to MSNBC and CNN.

Posts: 2774 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In all seriousness, mine stopped working a day or two ago. What's strange is that the app loads, thumbnails appear, the ad before the video plays just fine, and then the video itself won't load (black screen with endless spinning loading symbol).

Same response when trying through the web as opposed to the app.

Went to App Store (on Apple device) and app is on its most current version. iOS on its most current version (but videos stopped playing before I did the most recent iOS update).

Anyone have any ideas?

Posts: 386 | Registered: November 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I was on YT less than two hours ago.

This site had a brief "outage" yesterday afternoon. That is much more serious.

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:
after some Googling it seems it happens from time to time, to certain IP blocks, for whatever reason.

Of course, having worked in IT for a couple decades, I understand that all of this stuff runs on pure magic and pixie dust and the fact that it works even 1/2 the time is a miracle.

Not true. Those computers^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Huh, I mean confusers run on smoke. Once the smoke gets out of them you're screwed. I thought everyone knew that. Smile

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post