SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How is everyone doing mentally/emotionally with the COVID situation?
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How is everyone doing mentally/emotionally with the COVID situation? Login/Join 
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I'm not sure if I should cry or laugh about how predictions I made two weeks ago are coming true. Turns out that many Americans are willfully letting the Constitution to be shredded so they can feel better about the not-the-flu flu.

I'm right there with you on that one.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Calling the Wuhan "not-the-flu" would seem to be very appropriate...

Since it now appears that the flu is actually more deadly.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I don't about where you are, but, here in H-town in last few days, I have been seeing more and more cars on the road, and it doesn't look like I'm living in a post-apocalyptic movie any longer. Maybe folks are finally fed up and realized that this is bullshit, they just decided "I'm gonna live again", "I'm going back to work", or "I'm just gonna drive about", and no goddamn order is going to keep them caged. Whatever the reasons, I'm glad to see.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
And, to cheer y'all up, Matterhorn in Swiss Alps lit up with Old Glory, messages of hope during coronavirus crisis

https://currently.att.yahoo.co...rican-151539866.html

Switzerland's famed Matterhorn mountain was illuminated with an American flag for a few hours as a symbol of solidarity during the coronavirus pandemic.

"Our thoughts are with all American people at this unprecedented time. We look forward to meeting again at the foot of the Matterhorn, we are all in this together," the tourism organization Zermatt Matterhorn wrote on its Facebook page.

Light artist Gerry Hofstetter projected the flag onto the 14,692 foot tall peak in the Swiss Alps as part of a nightly series designed to show the town of Zermatt's support for everyone suffering and those fighting the pandemic.

Hofstetter is known for projecting images onto landmarks to create temporary art installations. He shined a full-sized image of the Titanic onto a huge Antarctic iceberg in 2012 to mark the 100th anniversary of the ship's sinking.

He's been lighting up the Matterhorn with different images each day since March 24. The American flag was projected late Wednesday.

The mountain has been lit up with the flags of Japan, Germany, the United Kingdom, France, Italy and others in recent weeks along with the hashtags #hope and #allofus.

The popular tourist destination also projected messages encouraging people to stay home and guests to "Dream now -- Travel later."

"We know that you are longing to visit us. Soon we can meet again. For the moment, however, health is our priority," Zermatt Matterhorn wrote on its website. "But dreaming is not prohibited. We support you with great pictures in this travel-free time and send you our best wishes from the Matterhorn.

They've set up webcams, so would-be visitors can watch the displays from home

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Must be one helluva flashlight to shine on the mountain that brightly.

Looked at the date of the article expecting it to be April 1st, but it was April 17th.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I just heard on the news yesterday that Indiana now has 440,000 people on unemployment. That's 13% of our total labor force. And I'm not sure how many of those jobs are going to come back after they re-open. My wife's best friend's husband got laid off this week from a major local employer, and their industry being what it is (they make projector screens), I don't see them re-opening quickly even after the ban is lifted.

I think about all the times the governor has given speeches touting a new company that's moved to the state and brought 50 or 100 more jobs. And now hundreds of thousands are gone, just like that. All because 0.12% (yes, there's a "zero point" in front of that...not even 1%) of our population has the "not-the-flu". It's appalling.

Posts: 8541 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Matterhorn in Swiss Alps lit up with Old Glory, messages of hope during coronavirus crisis

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/...652ce3203207553a72f4

Switzerland's famed Matterhorn mountain was illuminated with an American flag...

I've been on the Matterhorn in California and in Florida. I had no idea that the Swiss had one too. The things you learn on SigForum.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I was stressed out until I read online that lime is useful in getting rid of bodies.

I thought "GREAT! Problem solved."

So how many of these little green bastards do I need to squeeze for an average adult?

Big Grin

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31428 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
I've been on the Matterhorn in California and in Florida. I had no idea that the Swiss had one too.
The value of a good 1960s cartoon-based education cannot be underestimated.

A Scent of the Matterhorn is a 1961 Looney Tunes cartoon written and directed by Chuck Jones, featuring Pepé Le Pew and Penelope Pussycat. The title is a play on the phrase "ascent of the Matterhorn."

https://www.google.com/search?...e+le+pew,+matterhorn

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't know I was getting anxious and antsy until I found myself shopping on line,
I almost never shop on line .
I really don't need a dam thing .

I guess I was wanting to spend money , for something to do .

Bird feeders, night vision scopes, Roll Eyes

I need to spend money on those like I need another row of teeth .

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Doing well. I keep telling folks that there is a difference between prudence and panic when it comes to the COVID-19/Bat Soup/Kung Flu preparations and precautions.

I’ve got well over 500 COVIDIOTS blocked on FakeBook and I’ve got 9 folks here on IGNORE, as they have gone a bit extreme in a couple of the threads. That way I don’t have to see the stupidity that is being dis-cussed. Roll Eyes

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
I was stressed out until I read online that lime is useful in getting rid of bodies.

I thought "GREAT! Problem solved."

So how many of these little green bastards do I need to squeeze for an average adult?

Big Grin

Find out for me, man! I'd love to put a bowl of 'em on my desk at work and see if unsqueezed ones work as a repellent. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
Got my ass chewed for what someone else did at work which has made me think maybe I need to go work somewhere else.

My supervisor is all panicked out saying things like "you guys don't believe this is real". She is correct this isn't real in my county as we have only had five confirmed cases out of a population of 11,362.

Working from home is a bitch as I have lost productivity, and still have deadlines to meet.

I have turned off the news and blocked people on social media as I am tired of hearing about this non-pandemic.

I figure fuck it, I am 50 years old, I have done the crawl down the street in Olongapo City in the late 80s and early 90s without catching any diseases (thank goodness), I have seen the world, my family knows I love them. If I die so be it, but I am not going to lock myself in a room and panic.

I keep an eye on items we buy at Costco as I am out of baked beans and almost out of peanut butter.

Turning 50 in the midst of all of this crap really sucked, but it was better than the alternative.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
There's a big rally and gridlock protest planned for tomorrow here in Denver. I got nothing better to do so I and a buddy will be heading down there to see what happens. Maybe some excitement. Cool

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
Doing well. I keep telling folks that there is a difference between prudence and panic when it comes to the COVID-19/Bat Soup/Kung Flu preparations and precautions.

I’ve got well over 500 COVIDIOTS blocked on FakeBook and I’ve got 9 folks here on IGNORE, as they have gone a bit extreme in a couple of the threads. That way I don’t have to see the stupidity that is being dis-cussed. Roll Eyes

Life isn't all that bad, is it? Wink

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing is ever quite as bad as it seems.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Had a call for an assault on a nurse by mental patient in local hospital ER. By the time we masked and gloved up, the subject was in the ER Psych Unit strapped down and had already be given a "Happy Time" shot. So we take a report for minor assault. As we walked into the hospital ER, the triage nurse (very attractive lady) with no mask/no gloves. I looked at her and said "well I feel over dressed." She started laughing, and said there were hardly any patients and no one with COVID-19 symptoms. As I walked through the ER to the ER/PSYCH Unit, it was about 50/50 with people wearing masks and/or gloves versus no masks or gloves at all. In other words, I saw more people wearing PPE at the grocery store than I did at the hospital.

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is more common than you realize. Mental health nurses have often been assaulted.

This media scare tactic has caused quite a few people to have psychiatric crises.

Typically ERs do not have trained psychologists on staff to help with these patients. ERs used to have psych coverage. Now you are lucky to have a social worker.

The mental health crises actually should be front page news.
In other words, I saw more people wearing PPE at the grocery store than I did at the hospital.

Yep I noticed that too.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
ZSMICHAEL, it wasn't a Mental Health Nurse that got punched, it was regular ER Nurse. The suspect is an urban nomad who has long term mental health issues and self medicating with street drugs but was in the ER for chest pains and got pissed off because they were going to discharge him (no medical issue).

This Hospital has an ER Psych Unit and is suppose to have doctor on staff (seldom). They are a revolving door Psych Eval in that they will keep mental patients if they are quiet and cooperative but kick them out if they are loud and disruptive (straight up truth). How bad are they? Well the hospital is in my jurisdiction and we don't take psych patients to them anymore. We take psych patients to another hospital that does a proper evaluation and then gives follow ups to our Mental Health Liaison.

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
I went fishing again today. Caught 11 nice rainbows. Kept two to eat and turned the rest loose. Came home, fileted them, fried up some spuds, and had a damn good lunch. Think I'll do it all over again tomorrow. Maybe Monday too (have to work Tue - Friday).

Posts: 1809 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post