SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How is everyone doing mentally/emotionally with the COVID situation?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How is everyone doing mentally/emotionally with the COVID situation? Login/Join 
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
I find myself eating more beans

You're social distancing....

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Mentally, fine. Physically, better than before. No changes in my daily routine. Yeah, about the human race that is so easily manipulated into fear/panic and submission, I just have to shake my head in disbelief.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Yeah, about the human race that is so easily manipulated into fear/panic and submission, I just have to shake my head in disbelief.
Mrs. Marano hit the nail on the head with her book. This country's parents DID "raise" a nation of wimps. Pure-dee WIMPS!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
Well I guess I will be getting used to working from home, and as soon as work is over I leave the house for a walk, and then go to the store, and I don't practice my social distancing, then I carry on as normal.

I can't watch the news anymore or I become a crusty old codger an yell at it and call them all liars!

Otherwise same as usual.

Archerman

Posts: 2476 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Perpetual Student
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
I find it fascinating on many levels. One of my colleagues is writing up a piece on COVID-19 as a vehicle to manifest ever present death anxiety. I've been playing with the idea of Freud's death instinct, however. Some part of some of us yearns for a story in which all might be lost and extreme measures, including a literal fight for survival, can be justified. As mentioned, no one in professional circles has written about the difference in social reaction between this and H1N1, which may be purely political.

The reaction between doctors has been highly variable, also, I think, according to their personal temperaments and not merely according to the facts of the disease. Interestingly, I've seen no effect on my patients as of yet, but this may be a major theme in the next 12 months.

-Daniel (psychiatrist)

Posts: 2459 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
I’m showing up to work everyday like always. Mrs 12GA is working from home and is a bit concerned for our daughter who is quarantined in her apt as a precaution but shows no sign of COVID-19.

Other than that, it’s pretty normal in our home.

Posts: 2581 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
We’re hunkered down out here in the country cooped up with our little buzz saw of a puppy and getting calls from people Older than we are who are concerned about our welfare. Stay safe y’all.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
GF left me for an electrician with better media content ...

Damned electricians. Smile

Pretty good overall. Still working. Hating on the MSM, though.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Almost nothing in my life has changed.

I already work from home and have assignments in hand to complete.

I shop via Amazon and other online services, going only to grocery stores for fresh produce.

I am largely a recluse already.

So, I'd be doing fine, if it weren't for these goddamned giant lizards. I'm right in the middle of a fucking reptile zoo! And somebody’s giving booze to these goddamn things! It won’t be long before they tear me to shreds. Jesus, look at the floor! Have you ever seen so much blood? How many have they killed already? Holy shit, look at that bunch over there! They’ve spotted me!

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
My aunt, wife, one son and I are at a bit of elevated risk due to age/COPD, bronchitis, asthma, and diabetes.

But mostly I'm wishing I sold stocks two weeks ago. It's too late now. I'm in for the ride.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
It's a funny old thing. Despite the fact that, since retirement, I pretty much tend to be a homebody, now that a bunch of stuff is closed and, of what remains open, I should avoid unnecessary exposure, I'm feeling a touch of cabin fever

Mildly concerned for my wife, what with her asthma, weak immune system, and allergies to many drugs and antibiotics, but otherwise in fine spirits.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I'm mostly annoyed with the economic impact.
That would change if I or anyone in my family came down with the virus.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I was actually entirely hunky dory until last night when that fuckstick Tom Wolf shut down the state.

I'm so pissed that I can't get my STI that I know is sitting at the FFL...AND I can't even go to the range. I got the last one Dawson Precision had because I knew the wait might be months, but I ordered like one day too late.

It's something that should be trivial, but this is my spring break, and I was going to spend the week at the range with this new, very expensive gun that I've saved for for a whole year.

Like I'm on the edge of livid since last night.

Something that should be relatively small broke the camel's back. Fine on food, shelter, etc., but now I'm in a foul, foul mood.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Pretty certain if I weren't going back the ship next week (so far anyway), I'd be a full blown alcoholic by the end of the month.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12GA:
I’m showing up to work everyday like always. Mrs 12GA is working from home and is a bit concerned for our daughter who is quarantined in her apt as a precaution but shows no sign of COVID-19.

Other than that, it’s pretty normal in our home.

New York must stay home, Cuomo mandates as coronavirus cases spike

Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Friday that he will sign an Executive Order mandating 100% of New York's workforce must stay home, excluding essential services,

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new...onavirus-cases-spike

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm carrying on as usual and doing whatever needs to be done as far as going out shopping etc. Restaurants are limited to take out or delivery and most stores are open. But, I'm totally pissed at all the full blown retards hoarding and emptying shelves at the grocers. N.C only has a little over 100 confirmed cases across the entire state and unless it has changed and I missed it...no deaths. I hope all these unnecessary hoarders are the ones that get sick.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
I dunno about COVID-19, but I sure wish this [many expletives deleted] sinus infection that has been hanging on for a month and a half now would go the [bleep] away. The wife feels about the same about the bronchitis that zpack didn’t kill and has been hassling her for the same time. We’ve been “socially distancing” all this time anyway because we try not to be inconsiderate jerks, so the “Shelter at Home” order isn’t much of a change for us.

The kids are now quarantined at home, doing virtual classes online. Thankfully, the son just got back from his senior trip when the schools shut down, so at least the seniors didn’t get screwed out of that. Senior prom is unlikely to happen, their senior project presentations won’t be public - they may figure out some way to do it online. The kids don’t seem to mind though.

We’re getting more family walks in, just on the ranch instead of the public trail. It is interesting not seeing anyone, but the dogs love it ‘cause “Leashes? We don’t need no steenking leashes!” Big Grin We thought we were going to get some entertainment yesterday afternoon, but the turkeys took off before the dogs got close enough to chase them.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Aside from being ashamed for the human race, I'm fine.

Sadly, yes.

And disillusionment.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Doing fine. All are healthy and well.

GF keeps finding projects for me to do, so it's off to Lowe's for plywood.

Want to smoke ribs, but line at BJ's is too long to be bothered. Apparently, the hoarders aren't done yet.

FIs...

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12746 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
I'm so pissed that I can't get my STI that I know is sitting at the FFL...AND I can't even go to the range.

Like I'm on the edge of livid since last night.

I doubt anyone here will blame you for that. I know I'd be annoyed. And probably pretty damn unhappy about it.

I'm generally in agreement with much the state and federal governments are doing to try to slow the spread of this thing, but I think forcing retailers such as your FFL to close unnecessary. Bars, restaurants, salons, gyms, even shopping malls: Ok, I can see that. But retailers? Particularly small retailers? Don't see it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post