SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How is everyone doing mentally/emotionally with the COVID situation?
Page 1 ... 28 29 30 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How is everyone doing mentally/emotionally with the COVID situation? Login/Join 
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Emotionally not well at all.

My wife passed away due to COVID-19 on December 27th. We celebrated our 41st wedding anniversary on November 2nd.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redhookbklyn:

My wife passed away due to COVID-19 on December 27th. We celebrated our 41st wedding anniversary on November 2nd.

Oh man, Redhookbkyln, that's sad to see Frown My condolences.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:

Very sorry for your loss.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Redhookbklyn I’m so sorry for your loss.

We are still doing okay. Haven’t gotten sick. Wife stresses about getting the virus. She has had bad reactions to vaccines in the past, so we are being cautious about this vaccine.

Work is still down from where we were pre-COVID, but I am still employed and I have kept most of my team employed. The ones that we let go, needed to go anyways.

As far as the stay away from people part of this, doing okay. It’s been five and a half weeks since I had a drink. I get out off roading a lot. Poured a slab and built a shed, refloored the master bed and bath, and will be doing the rest of the house. Set two fence posts today. Will be welding up a wrought iron gate this weekend to hang on the posts.

I hope all you and your families stay healthy, physically and mentally.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
If I need something, I get in my truck and go get it, but outside of that the wife and I stay pretty close to the farm.

Come to think of it...we usually do anyways.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
Starting out pretty good.

Zoom family gatherings for Thanksgiving, Xmas and New Years avoided any infections and went smoother than previous years due to limited time together. Actually got to see my reclusive brother-in-law...whole family was shocked.

The big cliff hanger now is how daughter's college (UCIrvine) will be going forward

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
We are hanging in. Neither my wife or I have had the virus. My wife's in pretty good shape for her age with zero underlying issues except a bit high cholesterol. No meds of any kind. I don't take much in the way of daily meds but I've got several issues that would really complicate getting the virus. So far, so good. We are both sick of staying home and ducking around people who have zero regard for any social distancing. Gained some weight since last March, but I'm still in the good BMI range albite the upper end. Used to be at the lower end. I'm on the list at two places to get the vaccine, so hopefully I'll have a bit of protection in the next couple of weeks.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
Saddened to learn of your loss Redhookbklyn.

I caught it just before Christmas as I went on PTO. Mild symptoms, I've had worse colds. Passed it on to my wife who was promptly given 14 days off. She is fine; the week prior to Christmas she received her first Pzizer vaccine.

Outside of that we are good. We are in the midst of a pretty significant renovation and living in our shop. The experience is starting to wear a bit thin. First world problems. Life is good. Smile

Posts: 3238 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
I cannot complain, one bit.
Redhook, I will pray for you.

Posts: 3804 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm so sorry. Please accept my sincere condolences.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
My condolences too redhookbklyn.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
My sincerest thanks for all of the kind words, thoughts and prayers. They do indeed help.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I saw this thread and hopped in to write one word. Shitty.
Then I read a few recent posts and was reminded how good I have it.
My deepest sympathies, redhookbklyn.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Redhook, I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine what you're going through.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Reading this page reminds me of the saying “That no matter how bad you think your life is, someone is having a tougher time than you.”

My sincere condolences Redhookbklyn...

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:

I am so sorry. My condolences. May God give you peace.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Praying for you Redhookbklyn.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Redhook, So sorry for the passing of your wife. Prayers for your peace and comfort.

Posts: 1199 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Redhookbklyn, I just wanted to offer my condolences for the terrible passing of your wife. You have my most sincere sympathies.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post