SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How is everyone doing mentally/emotionally with the COVID situation?
Page 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How is everyone doing mentally/emotionally with the COVID situation? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
A year ago I did a lot of business travel. Now we use Microsoft Teams and Zoom almost cutting my flying to zero with very little downside. We've also found out that we can do without an office. I don't think they'll be renewing the lease next year. I don't particularly care for working from home but I don't hate it either. Sorry to hear about your situation erj, that pretty much sucks. My neighbor is an air frame & power plant mechanic for Delta and is in the same boat. Very sad.

Posts: 7524 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
My business was down about 70% and has recovered to about 30%....That sucks. I am trying to navigate this temporary setback as best I can.

I know things will return but my question is WHEN? I keep making plans to ride this situation out and the finish line keeps moving!

erj- if you ever get to Orlando and want to play some tennis hit me up. I'm an ok 4.0 and would love to hang out and hit the ball with a fellow Forum Friend....(If you are a crazy good 5.0 hit me up anyway I could still find you a match. LOL)

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As the virus got worse internationally, we got busier and busier, and that trend seems to be increasing. I'll be a month and a half before I see home this time, with a schedule that changes twenty times a day or more. I usually travel with 9 days changes of clothes to account for occasional inability to get laundry done; I'm out of laundry.

Right now I'm perpetually on the edge of "timing out," when I'm bumping up against the flight time limits that prevent going any more, and have to stop long enough to be legal before operating again. Sometimes, the workdays have gone 32 hours or more. The rolling delays leading into trips run 18 hours plus at times, with changes occurring hour by hour, meaning we get up and get ready to go, and find the time slipped an hour or three...then three hours later it slips again, and again. Fatigue is always an issue.

Most of the time is spent internationally. I should make it back to the US in a few days just long enough to do laundry, stock up, and go again, but won't make it home for a few weeks more. My sleep pattern is shot. Three hours here or there, internal body clock has no schedule. My ears are ringing louder than normal. And I lost my good flashlight, that survived Iraq and Afghanistan. I hope it's servicing someone well, now.

I'd love to sleep...but I can't.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsbolo:
My business was down about 70% and has recovered to about 30%....That sucks.
erj- if you ever get to Orlando and want to play some tennis hit me up. I'm an ok 4.0...
First, I hope your business bounces back!! It takes every ounce of my being to not stay frustrated 25/8.

As for tennis, I think my 5.0 days passed me up a while ago. Smile I'm pushing the hell outta 60, and I DO hope "it's the new 40"!! Big Grin As I type, I had to cancel my mixed doubles match for tonight due to a pulled hamstring. Again!! Getting "not so young" is hell. Not sure when I'll be traveling again, but if I have an MCO overnight, I'll bring the rackets. I might be well over 60 by that time, though.....Frown

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Mentally? No crazier than usual. Wink
Patience running short with all the nonsense though.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Thanks erj!

Sounds like we could have some fun slapping the ball around. I'm 50 and could easily arrange some doubles with a group I play recreationally with.

The offer stands anytime!

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Let me know, I'll watch from the peanut gallery with a cigar, cold beverage and cheer on the game!

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsbolo:
Thanks erj!

Sounds like we could have some fun slapping the ball around. I'm 50 and could easily arrange some doubles with a group I play recreationally with.

The offer stands anytime!
Nice!!! I'll let you know if/when I'm on the way... Smile
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Let me know, I'll watch from the peanut gallery with a cigar, cold beverage and cheer on the game!
Check. Bring cigars...noted Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Mentally, fine. The stuff that is closed, restaurants, bars, I don't go to anyhow, during normal circumstances.

I am extremely tired of the behavior at my gym. The lack of gym etiquette under normal times has just been exacerbated to the point where I want to build my own gym at home.

The people that can't handle this is actually aggravating. I'm seeing much hostility on the roads, in the grocery store, etc. Any remaining courtesy we had in society is long gone now.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Taking a break on the deck, with a tall can of Coors (not Light) and a pack of Marlboros to celebrate tropical storm Isaias as a non-event here. I don't smoke very often, but doing so after a storm reminds me of two dear family members who did...and got reamed out by the womenfolk for lighting up after a Cat. 1 hurricane had passed over years ago.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
I tested positive today via a rapid test. So we’ll see how this goes I guess. So far every cold I have had in my life has been worse than my current symptoms. But that can change rather quickly with this virus so time will tell. The rest of my family is symptomatic as well. Just amazing how contagious it is. I have no idea how I got it. We have been locked up pretty well here at the house. When we get over this I’ll certainly appreciate the antibodies!

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4311 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Best of luck, the odds are in your favor, especially if the household is all in good health otherwise. Either way I would not want to face it.

Prayers for you and the family.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
So sorry, JohnV. Right now your immune system is fighting it off. If the virus starts winning, it will hijack the immune system and trigger a cytokine storm that may be nothing like any cold you've ever had. Let's keep our fingers crossed for you and your family.

I'm still waiting for my test results. 19 days ago.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
We've got a solid start into the new year now. How's everyone hanging in there?

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
We've got a solid start into the new year now. How's everyone hanging in there?

It’s hit much closer to home recently. In the last month we have lost two family members to COVID. Most recently my cousin passed away on Sunday. Symptoms showed up the Monday of Christmas week. She spent the last couple weeks in the hospital and was on a ventilator when she died Sunday afternoon.

Posts: 2336 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Well, my church has begun having limited numbers in live congretations for its services, but most group activities are still on hold. Quite a few restaurants are open for sitting service, but I still mostly do drive-thru. Masks are required when entering places of business.

Mentally, I'm OK. Have been doing a lot of activity on the computer--picture posting, genealogy, etc. Physically, a couple of weeks ago I was tested for the virus and antibodies--both tests were negavie. I will be seeking a vaccination, though, because I am in the high risk group.

Still have hopes that my 3rd Alaska tour will go this summer--it was supposed to be last August, but was cancelled, and I just opted to transfer to the same tour this year (fully paid).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was fine until today. Our daughter-in-law's father died of Covid-19 this morning. Suddenly, the 98% + survival rate is not as comforting as it was yesterday...

Posts: 1359 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about the death of friends and families...

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Condolences to those who have suffered COVID losses in their families. Prayers for the survivors.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post