SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How is everyone doing mentally/emotionally with the COVID situation?
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How is everyone doing mentally/emotionally with the COVID situation? Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted
Medical and finance aside... How are you, friends, neighbors dealing with this mentally and emotionally?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
My wife is freaking out. But she has health issues and a jankey immune system.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Aside from being ashamed for the human race, I'm fine.

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
My cat threw up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I tend to worry too much. I haven’t been sleeping well. My wife doesn’t have a great immune system, and she gets smashed hard by a common cold. So this has me a little worried. I don’t want to lose my best friend and partner in crime.

Aside of that, I’m doing just fine.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Trying to find the humor and the bright spots where they can be found. My work-team and I have transitioned to telecommuting; once over the technical hurdles (almost no one on our team had worked from home prior to this), we’ve been trying to have fun with it.

Neighbors thus far seem to be doing well overall.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
We’re good here in the boonker

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'm not afraid to admit it, I'm freaked out.

Went and saw grandpa yesterday, we stood on his front porch 10' away from each other. He seemed concerned. He's 85 and both he and his wife are not in great health, she's worse off than he is and possibly has lung cancer.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a little worried, a bit freaked out at the loss of business in my business, girlfriend is being extra annoying because she is used to going to the gym everyday and well is bouncing off of the walls.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Exactly.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Cabin fever is setting in hard because of the great pollinating outside.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7058 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Was anxious this week, not sleeping well a few nights, but saw some very encouraging reports on progress being made on therapies...not vaccines, actual treatments.

Great piece on Fox / Martha McCallum last night on a company I never heard of - Distributed Bio. Really got me thinking more optimistically.

The guy was super upbeat and well spoken. They took some existing "recombinant antibodies" made against the original SARS virus ~20 yrs ago and are tweaking them so that they recognize the COVID-19 virus (they are related enough to make this feasible).

Once they optimize the antibodies, they can be produced in large quantities and distributed as a therapy, with trials beginning early this Summer possibly.

Link below...

https://www.foxnews.com/media/...utralize-coronavirus

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
My mother is very high on the at risk list.

Other than that, my area of the country is hurricane alley. We’ve gone weeks at a time without power, phone, and in some cases water. Other than future economic concerns, this is a breeze. Boring, but a breeze.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
What COVID situation??? Razz

Like I posted in the primary thread on the subject...get with me when there are 60,000,000 reported cases in the US, and then I'll discuss my mental/emotional status. Which will probably be no different than what it was when the Swine Flu was going around.

For the record, Para's post is SPOT. ON. I could go on an epic diatribe, but I'm enjoying my BRCC coffee and the toast I made from Italian bread. Yes...ITALIAN bread. Wink

[/rant]

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
I find myself eating more beans on buttered toast.

Bush's Onion BB's on toasted wheat slathered with Kerrygold.

This afternoon I'll have openface toasted wheat slathered with Hellman's, sliced pickles, and cheese. Served with Wise chips and a Coke®.

Working through a bushel of grapefruit I cut from the tree nine days ago in Tempe.

No cable TV, no alcohol in the house, library is closed, YMCA is closed, GF left me for an electrician with better media content ... just me and a diabetic cat "starting all over", as it were.

Situation Normal. Code Green. Tomorrow a long walk along the river. Audio book via earbuds.

Tomorrow night, a newly-arrived DVD from Netflix. More cheese and pickle sandwiches. Maybe some 'company' ;-) Ya never know who you'll meet by the art museums.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
All, good I'm fine with isolation. Kids, family, dogs, pets.

Whatever happens is gonna happen. Worrying about it doesn't help at all.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

This. I'm annoyed by a few things, like I won a GunBroker auction right when this started and now I'm not sure if it will get to me or not...or when. And a bunch of training at work that I'd been trying to get into for the past 6 months got cancelled...but my family is prepared to deal with this and there's no panic in our house. I just wish the rest of the world would calm the heck down. There hasn't even been a case of this overhyped flu bug reported in our county (and only 1 in all of the surrounding counties) and everybody's losing their everloving minds.

Posts: 8419 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Honestly, a bit stressed, but hanging in there. Divorce, house sale, loads of shit to do at work, plus this. The crime rate will inevitably go up during all this, so that means even more work.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Mostly pissed off, at things like no toilet paper and periodic shortages of other staple foods like eggs and bread, and at the people who hoard them. Also pissed at the continual coverage and politicization of it. There wasn't any of this when SARS was going on. The economy news is depressing as well. I turned off all the TV news because of this.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Another vote for ashamed. And I’ll add pissed because this overreaction has obviously destroyed the economy. Personally, I’m good emotionally. Haven’t changed one bit and am sleeping like a baby. But I do know a few people who will be hurt severely financially if this madness continues for another month or so.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post