SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How is everyone doing mentally/emotionally with the COVID situation?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How is everyone doing mentally/emotionally with the COVID situation? Login/Join 
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Business as usual. Loving the lower traffic, really loving the stock market volatility.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The MSM has got me pissed! I don't watch it but they are sure getting to me. All of this don't let a good crisis go to waste shit.
The overreaction is shameful.

Posts: 437 | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Yes...ITALIAN bread. Wink

You daredevil, you!

I am mostly annoyed, and a bit amused. On the bright side, I haven't had a chance to test out my e-prep plans since Hurricane Irma. So far, so good, but I did note a few refinements I will implement once the zombie bait allows the stores to restock.

Food is no issue, I have plenty of ammo, plenty of neighbors, and a new cookbook:

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4870 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I’ve been catching up on reloading...you know all those loose errands that need doing....

I’m on it.

Me and the kid went for a hike yesterday, saw a lizard..he was impressed. The kid not the lizard.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just had 8 tons of lawn soil delivered for some leveling of the yard this weekend.

Business as usual.

My dental checkup was cancelled but other than that, nada.

I’m pissed at the drop in stocks, gold, and silver. Frown

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Disappointed in my fellow humans, angry at the MSM and democrats, and developing a seething hatred for celebrities. Since retirement we were already social distancing.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I've been homebound now for several years due to compromised health issues. So no realized changes. The only thing that has made things a bit more difficult is getting groceries, water and stuff.

I've just recently cut the cord with Direct TV and went with all streaming so between Netflix and Sling TV, I've a lot of catching up, and thats ok with me.

Even getting my cat food thru Chewy online is taking a hit with supply and delivery, thats has me a little concerned as he doesn't like waiting for his favorites Smile

Other than the inconveniences of food supplies, all else is pretty much status quo.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
It’s been raining non-stop for the last week here in DFW. Kids are sick of being inside. Yesterday afternoon it dried off enough between waves that I swear the entire neighborhood was outside. Even as the first drops started to fall parents we’re keeping kids out until it became too heavy. Just trying to burn off as much energy as possible. The up side is that it looks like tomorrow may be our last day of rain for a week or so. Hopefully this will let a lot of us get outside and be a little more active.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Gen-X latchkey kid here. I got this.

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by 12GA:
I’m showing up to work everyday like always. Mrs 12GA is working from home and is a bit concerned for our daughter who is quarantined in her apt as a precaution but shows no sign of COVID-19.

Other than that, it’s pretty normal in our home.

New York must stay home, Cuomo mandates as coronavirus cases spike

Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Friday that he will sign an Executive Order mandating 100% of New York's workforce must stay home, excluding essential services,

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new...onavirus-cases-spike

My employer is considered essential services and cannot close their doors. At least for the time being.

Posts: 2581 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
The anxiety level is definitely up, mostly due to income and what I am afraid will happen to my business. My gym has closed, and that is a big mental outlet for me. I went for a ride on my road bike this morning.

Yesterday we took the kids on a 4 mile hike along a river. We planned to go to New Smyrna Beach today, but they closed the vehicle ramps.

We are very social people. We have a large family and large circle of friends. I miss them. We are doing our best to practice "social distancing", but if they keep closing things down, like the beach, what the heck are we supposed to do?

I will heed the recommendations and try to stay away from other people, but sitting inside the house for 14 days is NOT going to happen.

Posts: 2280 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Retired so social distancing has been the norm for a while. Tried Kroger grocery pickup today for the first time ever. Took just a few minutes for them to place everything in my truck’s bed and away I went. Had to wait a few days between ordering online and the pickup plus there were 3 items they didn’t have, but I suspect those issues were more due to today’s high volume shopping and are not typical in more normal times. Knowing the wife, I told her this is probably how she’ll prefer to grocery shop in the future.

Posts: 1169 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
I live in the middle of the woods and work from home, so nothing has changed much here.

My only real concerns revolve around family with some health issues. 4 out of 7 of us are on Chemo dealing with cancer.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6474 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am pissed that we have so easily bought into the whole "pandemic" thing with no real concern that the steps taken to stop or limit it may hurt us more than the damn virus would if it just ran its course.
I feel the only real difference between this and the H1N1 Swine flu outbreak (12K+ U.S. deaths) from 09/10 is media hype and politicians.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I'm a Prepper. He's a Prepper. She's a Prepper. We're a Prepper. Wouldn't you like to be a Prepper too?

I cleaned my rifle.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Other than my FIL totally drinking the MSM kool-aide and driving everyone crazy with his 24 hour non stop panicing (he smokes and is in poor health due to bad life choices) life is nice a quiet how I like it.
We were pretty well stocked on daily essentials before this panic and have collected some basic supplies to weather a couple weeks being shut in if it comes to that and did the same for the FIL and MIL. After 2 days he's already trying to make my wife run to the crowded grocery store because he's out of bread and can't possibly make do with the other food we stocked his pantry with.
He is constantly freaking out and get's shitty and almost hostile if you don't share in it with him. He also has done close to nothing to get prepared even though we told him to stock up weeks ago. He touches everything around him like a toddler and is constantly sticking his hands in his face since he's a smoker and uses those little electronic dicks (vape pen).
Fucking know it all fool.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Cool as a fan. Working 16 hours a day at home. Seeing my management go nuts and make bad business decisions. Talking cool and calm with them, with facts, well they are not listening. Meh, just working hard, and staying home. Mentally/emotionally, no difference to normal. I did break out my P30 with spare mags as well as my CZ Scorpion with spare magz and put them in a go bag that remains in my home office until I go to bed where it lies on the bed in front of the k9. Big Grin

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
Got up at 5:30 this morning to go to Stop & Shop (Seniors only shopping from 6-7:30) and they still didn't have any chicken. Saw a lot of makeshift masks. An AARP Halloween party. I won't be doing that again. Otherwise, going a little stir crazy looking out at the driveway where my newly leased car sits, which I got two weeks ago so that I could regularly drive to see my grandchildren in NYC.

Posts: 1265 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I’m fine. Just pissed that my life can be so heavily influenced by the idiocy of others. But if I can benefit from the equity disruption in the short term, that’ll be a silver lining. A qualitative silver lining will hopefully be a massive global divestment from prc.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
This.

I can deal with the epidemic. I'm pissed as hell about being forced to commit economic suicide just so the politicians can look like they're doing something about a situation over which they have no control.

quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I’m fine. Just pissed that my life can be so heavily influenced by the idiocy of others. But if I can benefit from the equity disruption in the short term, that’ll be a silver lining. A qualitative silver lining will hopefully be a massive global divestment from prc.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post