SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How is everyone doing mentally/emotionally with the COVID situation?
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How is everyone doing mentally/emotionally with the COVID situation? Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
I've found my happy place...
Doing great!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of Coco Beach here in Florida! Looks to be a beautiful relaxing day...enjoy Smile

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
Reminds me of Coco Beach here in Florida! Looks to be a beautiful relaxing day...enjoy Smile

Santa Rosa Beach (30A) in Florida!
Thanks!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
The important thing is to take vitamin D3 so you will have a strong immune system.

https://www.lifeextension.com/magazine

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
It does not feel like Tuesday

I've been listening to RECURSION (2019), the novel by Blake Crouch. Alternate existences seem to be cropping up. Are we experiencing a series of Saturdays?

Or am I becoming more like my cat? Night, day, night, day . . .

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
I just got back from Santa Rosa beach and tested positive for corona virus. Place was packed Im pretty sure I picked it up there.

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wishbone:
I just got back from Santa Rosa beach and tested positive for corona virus. Place was packed Im pretty sure I picked it up there.

Red Face Sincere wishes for a low drama fight. Had you been exhibiting symptoms that led to getting tested?

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8336 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just got back from Santa Rosa beach and tested positive for corona virus. Place was packed I'm pretty sure I picked it up there.

OMG. I'm hoping it's a mild case. Best wishes.
No symptoms here, at least so far.

-rduckwor

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Hopefully is a mild case and you're back to normal in two weeks. Get lots of fluids/rest and some vitamin C, D, and zinc.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20816 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
quote:

Red Face Sincere wishes for a low drama fight. Had you been exhibiting symptoms that led to getting tested?

Yes running low grade fever and chills with tighness in chest. My daughter and I both tested positive. Ive had actual flu hit me harder than this. More annoying than anything and now I have to miss work this week after being off for vacation last week.

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The (R) governor of TX has finally lost the last piece of his spine. Wear mask in public or face a fine. FUCK.YOU.ABBOTT. Mad
But, voting booths and religious gatherings are exempt. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
The (R) governor of TX has finally lost the last piece of his spine. Wear mask in public or face a fine. FUCK.YOU.ABBOTT. Mad
But, voting booths and religious gatherings are exempt. Roll Eyes

Just got the alert on my phone. Mad
The apocalypse has officially begun.

Posts: 22899 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Abbott has now gone full retard, threatening lockdown again, if folks don't wear masks and his order not enforced. Spineless tyrant wannabe asshole.

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
"This is the wonderment I have with those who are cowering in perpetual fear over THIS flu, to include a number of members on this board. I was harshly castigated 6 weeks or so ago about voicing this very opinion on the matter. I can't stay silent any longer. Now that we see what an absolute HOAX and FARCE this has all been, why are there still those that are responding to this FAKE hysteria and BELIEVING IT?

Really...I'd like to honestly know What is causing you and others to react this way when Swine Flu swept through this country at an extraordinarily higher savage rate and not ONE WORD was whispered about it? I can understand your taking precautions now due to your health, but did you take these same precautions with what seemed to be a MUCH more infectious flu in 2010? I'm just seeking to understand....thank you."

erj, my sister and I were just discussing this the other day and my sister was using my niece as an example of the hysteria and behaviors, she is a young very smart young lady working on her PhD. What really stood out was her addiction to social media that seems to perpetuate a good deal of the panic. In fact she is so driven by these social media doctrines that she often scolds her parents (Sis and BIL) on behaviors that goes against what is being disseminated on social media and her friends.

We understand that she is still young and not too wise in the ways of experience, but is growing up in this newer culture of constant social media and the rapid effects it has world wide at a frenzied pace via phones and the internet. Us being "boomers" we were never exposed to these kinds of influences. In fact at her current age, our contact with many friends would be by an occasional phone call, or bumping into another in a public place once in awhile. So news usually spread at a slow pace. Now it is immediately disseminated world wide by phones and internet. So many opinions with a common mindset fanning the flames of change, for good or often and many times not so good.

My Sister has offered her advice to cut back on listening to the constant barrage of social media, get out of her apartment and enjoy things of nature or visit places, take small breaks. But she has difficulty pulling away from it's influence.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I think the simpler answer is there is zero critical thinking any longer that is being taught. No thinking and a lot of “just following orders”. This holds true even among Conservatives. Maybe it’s also a disappearance of common sense.

Remember all the lies we were told early on? None of the lies came true. They worked the first time. Because they worked the first time, many are being tried again to push masks. Instead of people saying “whoa, you lied to us the first time, so it’s probably a lie again”, people have fallen for it again. The inability to critically think is the root cause.

You remember in Louisville KY when the governor banned in person church services do people showed up in their cars? Then the Louisville mayor sent the police to threaten to arrest everyone for sitting in their cars? Then two weeks later, protests broke out and nothing was said? This should tell you everything you should know about COVID. But, people can’t think for themselves any longer.

“Just following orders”

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
quote:
"This is the wonderment I have with those who are cowering in perpetual fear over THIS flu, to include a number of members on this board. I was harshly castigated 6 weeks or so ago about voicing this very opinion on the matter. I can't stay silent any longer. Now that we see what an absolute HOAX and FARCE this has all been, why are there still those that are responding to this FAKE hysteria and BELIEVING IT?

Really...I'd like to honestly know What is causing you and others to react this way when Swine Flu swept through this country at an extraordinarily higher savage rate and not ONE WORD was whispered about it? I can understand your taking precautions now due to your health, but did you take these same precautions with what seemed to be a MUCH more infectious flu in 2010? I'm just seeking to understand....thank you."

erj, my sister and I were just discussing this the other day and my sister was using my niece as an example of the hysteria and behaviors, she is a young very smart young lady working on her PhD. What really stood out was her addiction to social media that seems to perpetuate a good deal of the panic. In fact she is so driven by these social media doctrines that she often scolds her parents (Sis and BIL) on behaviors that goes against what is being disseminated on social media and her friends.

We understand that she is still young and not too wise in the ways of experience, but is growing up in this newer culture of constant social media and the rapid effects it has world wide at a frenzied pace via phones and the internet. Us being "boomers" we were never exposed to these kinds of influences. In fact at her current age, our contact with many friends would be by an occasional phone call, or bumping into another in a public place once in awhile. So news usually spread at a slow pace. Now it is immediately disseminated world wide by phones and internet. So many opinions with a common mindset fanning the flames of change, for good or often and many times not so good.

My Sister has offered her advice to cut back on listening to the constant barrage of social media, get out of her apartment and enjoy things of nature or visit places, take small breaks. But she has difficulty pulling away from it's influence.

+1. News full of positive test stats and number of deaths but I still really have no clue as to why this virus is more dangerous than the regular flu! That flurry of ventilators and the hospital ship sent to NY, not needed! The number of symptoms continues to grow as well (again, flu like) but they never dwell on the death RATE which has dropped from about a 4.7 in Florida (Mar-Apr) to a 1.7 now. I see people driving their cars with masks on I want to slug ‘em! Even my beloved Florida Keys rolled over and died requiring any visitors to wear masks until next freakin’ summer 2021. I don’t understand how you can shut an entire economy down and people are just, “Well, OK.” Tune in to the Green Parrot livecam in Key West and see the chairs upended on the bar, place empty...WTF!

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I just hope the gubmit is willing to FULLY support me when I get furloughed come 1-OCT. That's what they want, right?? To support EVERYBODY?? Or am I in the wrong White/Male demographic for that??

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
I just hope the gubmit is willing to FULLY support me when I get furloughed come 1-OCT. That's what they want, right?? To support EVERYBODY?? Or am I in the wrong White/Male demographic for that??

Best of luck to you, my friend.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Thank you, sir. May the force be with us....always.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

Based on my three month furlough adventure I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post