SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How is everyone doing mentally/emotionally with the COVID situation?
Page 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How is everyone doing mentally/emotionally with the COVID situation? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
When you are being beat down by a constant barrage of a false narrative, it does finally effect your mental state. This is exactly like (pick any democrat that has committed felony after felony in the Flynn case, or all those who remain quiet in any of Joe Biden’s sex scandals) and those who defend them pissing you off despite knowing there is nothing you can do about it. Another great example as the number of people that kept repeating “Trump has no path to 270”. It wore on people despite a few people constantly reminding (and illustrating) that Trump was going to win in the last election. If people repeat a false narrative enough, it does bother you, no matter how strong you are.

Yes. It does affect you mentally when you are constantly beat down. Yes, this is the thread where we came to bitch about whatever was ailing us when the big thread was all death, all the time. The latest version is masks. It’ll all part of the same narrative. People are fed up and it is just another attack and attempt at control.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I am seeing this sort of thing every day. The tsunami has begun. Interestingly, people tell me Medicare is sending out emails to Seniors checking on their mental health,urging them to see their PCP for routine issues and suggesting visits with clinical psychologists to address the mental health problems that come from quarantine and lockdown.

Posts: 17235 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustyblade:
With out regard to how or who introduced this biological into our lives, deal with it I must. We must.
[snip]
So Rustyblade...I HAVE to ask. Did you react this way when 60,800,000 cases of H1N1 Flu (Swine) ravaged itself through this country in '09/'10?

This is the wonderment I have with those who are cowering in perpetual fear over THIS flu, to include a number of members on this board. I was harshly castigated 6 weeks or so ago about voicing this very opinion on the matter. I can't stay silent any longer. Now that we see what an absolute HOAX and FARCE this has all been, why are there still those that are responding to this FAKE hysteria and BELIEVING IT?

Really...I'd like to honestly know. What is causing you and others to react this way when Swine Flu swept through this country at an extraordinarily higher savage rate and not ONE WORD was whispered about it? I can understand your taking precautions now due to your health, but did you take these same precautions with what seemed to be a MUCH more infectious flu in 2010? I'm just seeking to understand....thank you.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Hey ERJ, nice to see you around.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Pilot i'm going to say it's because they didn't shut the whole fucking place down last time...

As for the original post - this has been a roller coaster ride of emotion. I can't wait for the ride to stop.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Thank you, sir. Believe me...I'm only back out of PURE DISGUST.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
quote:
Thank you, sir. Believe me...I'm only back out of PURE DISGUST.

Simmer down, J, before your BP goes through the roof. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:

Interesting. I've lived in three of the five places you've mentioned and spent a lot of time in one of the remaning two, yet not once has Lake of the Ozarks come up on my radar as a place I need to go.

What is the attraction? What would I miss out on if I didn't go there? Is it nice, or is it a tourist trap like Wisconsin Dells or Gatlinburg?

I hear you about the big weekends. On a normal day, you might see 2 or 3 people walk past our house on Lake Huron, but come Memorial Day, 4th of July, or Labor Day things get crazy and there might be 20 or so people a day walking the beach. They're gone soon enough though.

I think the attraction is the reputation that the Lake has as both a party place and as a place for families to come and rent a cabin and play on the lake all day. You can rent just about any style of boat to fish or swim as you please. This lake really does have it all. Of course, it is also one of the premier bass fishing lakes in the country.

I am also wondering if people from the blue states just wanted to escape a few days from their tyrannical governors. I dunno, maybe.

What I do know is that the locals pretty much hunker down at home during much of the summer weekends and holidays.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

Is the Lake of the Ozarks a place to live? Or a tourist destination? It is both, of course.
There are always going to be some tensions between the 'locals' and those who go to the Lake for shorter periods of time and want to have some fun while there. You may have noticed the out-of-state plates but a lot more come from St. Louis and Kansas City. My brother has a place there. We like the Lake a lot, but it's usually the holiday weekends when we are all able to come down.

Not really aware of any tensions between we locals and the tourists. It is a resort area and you just accept it...or I guess you just won't live here. Tourism brings a lot of good things to the area and we all know that.

You are right of course about KC and St. Louis. This weekend I guess just had a higher than usual influx of out of staters. Maybe people just wanted to come to the mid-west where life is less restrictive during these times. Who knows?

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will get by
Picture of Rustyblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
I find it distasteful to read, as I have here, that I am being thought less of for having investigated, thought out and made my own decision.
What's also distasteful is watching people fall for the gigantic load of manure they've dumped in our faces. You don't like the fact that many here think people wearing masks are ignorant or naive? I'll go further than that and say that anyone voluntarily wearing a mask is part of the problem. People who willingly don these inneffective masks are playing right along with the liars and fear mongers in government, in the press, and in the "health" community; The CDC, The WHO, every Goddamned last one of 'em.
If people refused en masse to jump through all these little hoops the Trump-hating left has put before us, this shit would have come to an end more quickly in this country. In that respect, I'm doing my part, although, given all the supposed adults I see shitting their pants over this phantom virus, it's like pissing into the wind.

The masks are nothing but theater. They are- at best- inneffective, but the truth is worse than that.

Take a look:

And in case you wonder about her bonafides: http://drpampopper.com/about-pam/

quote:
Pam is a straight-talking professional who is not afraid to criticize national health organizations, government agencies, medical professionals, pharmaceutical companies, agricultural organizations and manufacturing companies, many of whom have agendas and priorities that interfere with distributing truthful information and promoting public health.
You'll see. When the truth finally manages to find its way out through the mountain of bullshit they've dumped on us, you will see that all of this- all of it- was for nothing. Look to the Swedes for the answer.

You added the Doctor so my response is changed:
I already agree with the opening government move as being wrong.
Without knowing anything about my self made mask, you lump it into a heap with all the others--which are not designed for C-19 anyways and calling me as a follower of the heard.
C-19 is of the smallest virus at 0.125 time 10 to the -7th um. Average virus is 2.5 x 10 to the -7um and that is what a N95 will stop --95% of--. As for the proper fit--mine is a double layer with thin wire throughout. This allows for a custom fit and it works so well that a retired NASA chemist I had interfaced with many years ago tested it and rated it effective for C-19. So much so he asked to keep it and for its particulars. The key is the wire adjustable fit and how I upset the ph balance. That is how it becomes 99.3% effective against C-19.
Store bought masks are indeed 'theater'. Though the way our government jammed this down out throats, it is a sad commentary on whose in charge. I'll back Trump as I have since he announced his entry into politics 5 years ago. But....I reserve the right to make a decision for myself even when on the surface it may appear that I am following the heard.
My Life... My Decision. And image can go hang.

Do not necessarily attribute someone's nasty or inappropriate actions as intended when it may be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

Posts: 1291 | Location: Delray Beach | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"Face Panty Sheilds Up, Mr. Wuhu... COVID Clingons off the starboard bow!!!"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
I reserve the right to make a decision for myself even when on the surface it may appear that I am following the heard.
My Life... My Decision. And image can go hang.
Well, just who is stopping you from making your own decisions? Am I stopping you? Are others here stopping you?

You keep saying that you'll make your own decisions, but you're hung up about the opinions of some other people, and that's your problem and your problem alone. Truly, it is.

And you seem to have forgotten that more than a few of the people who share my opinion in this matter have been subject to public ridicule. Some have been confronted directly for not wearing a mask. How many instances do you know of where the reverse is true? How about none? Zero.

So, don't play the martyr. Go wear your mask if it makes you feel like you're accomplishing something, and not a single person here- nor their opinion- is stopping you.

When you're out there in public, just one person in that sea of face masks, you be sure and let all those folks know that you're not like them. You're different. Guess what? Every last one of those people feels the same way- that they are different than all the rest. They will tell you that they are not following the crowd. They will tell you that they made their own decision.

Posts: 107577 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will get by
Picture of Rustyblade
posted Hide Post
I clearly say "Image can go hang" and this is your reply.
I know not if you have further interpretations of my reasoning;
I thought I was clear. Obviously I was not. My bad.

Do not necessarily attribute someone's nasty or inappropriate actions as intended when it may be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

Posts: 1291 | Location: Delray Beach | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Am I supposed to know what you mean by that? "Image can go hang." How about an English translation? I can't read your mind.

I didn't realize that the short, vague sentence at the end of your post was your entire point. Can you convey this to me in a clear fashion?

Further interpretations of your reasoning? Say what? How about you just speak plainly? I'm confident I can follow along if you do so.

Posts: 107577 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DonDraper:
Pilot i'm going to say it's because they didn't shut the whole fucking place down last time...
And therein lies all the more reason I would have thought NO ONE from SIGforum would fall for this purely manufactured, unadulterated hoax. Maybe at first, but even as stupid as I am, I saw it as a total SCAM in about 2 weeks. This is on par with Russia, Russia, Russia.

ANYONE that cannot look back and now see that in '09/'10 the media was just fellating the Krimson Kenyan and kissing his no-good useless ass is as blind as the Wuhoo bat that started this stupid insanity. He was their Golden Boy; the Chosen One. So hells naw...they weren't going to say ANYTHING to tarnish their hero.

If one has trouble seeing what a politically-driven farce this has all been, and what tyrannical, Libtarded government will do to control one's life and bask in government overreach, I just don't know what to tell them.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserves neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

* I shall now recede back into the shadows...

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
People working in labs with dangerous biological specimens are in fully contained suits. Oh but those bandanas and other masks are just as good. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
People working in labs with dangerous biological specimens are in fully contained suits. Oh but those bandanas and other masks are just as good. Roll Eyes

Masks aren't to protect to wearer.

Think about it this way. If you go into a Starbucks, and come down with symptoms 5 or 6 days later, then die 30 or 40 days later after being on a ventilator, can your family sue Starbucks? How are they going to prove that you got sick from THAT Starbucks, that something Starbucks did CAUSED you to get sick? They can't. The risk to Starbucks if you get sick, is low. Therefore, if Starbucks is making you wear a mask, you KNOW it's not for you.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry I really don’t get what you are trying to say about Starbucks.

Face panties are a virtue signaling move by Starbucks. Pretty plain and simple. If masks work, we’d have all just worn masks instead of trashing the economy and Constitution. We’d have given masks to all the criminals instead of releasing them back out onto the street. And lastly, if masks worked don’t you think that Northampton, de Blasio, Cuomo, Beshear, and all the other tyrants who are good and nothing else but taking care of themselves would be wearing them constantly?

Sorry, no sale.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
He’s saying that Starbucks isn’t asking you to wear a mask because they give a fuck about you.

Your mask is not to protect you. It never was and very close to nobody advocating the wearing of these masks is saying that your mask will protect you. The idea of your mask is to keep your spit from hitting someone else. I’m using your in the general sense of the word of course.

That said I don’t wear a mask. I just drove 600 miles and stopped at multiple gas stations and used the drink machines and stayed at a hotel and then had meeting today with 6 strangers whose hands I shook and sat 2 feet away from for 4 hours. I’ve been to CVS, the grocery store and just checked into a different hotel for tonight. Tomorrow I’ll drive 600 miles back and stop and gas stations and a gunstore or two. I’m not wearing a mask because they are uncomfortable and I’m pretty sure we are all getting this thing anyway so we might as well just go on and get it.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’m sorry I really don’t get what you are trying to say about Starbucks.

Face panties are a virtue signaling move by Starbucks. Pretty plain and simple. If masks work, we’d have all just worn masks instead of trashing the economy and Constitution. We’d have given masks to all the criminals instead of releasing them back out onto the street. And lastly, if masks worked don’t you think that Northampton, de Blasio, Cuomo, Beshear, and all the other tyrants who are good and nothing else but taking care of themselves would be wearing them constantly?

Sorry, no sale.

Oh yeah Cool.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got my first haircut in three months, having a brew, got a nice La Gloria cigar ready to be lit up, dinner is in the fridge (cornbread and chicken and dumplings), convinced myself that I need another AR...life isn't bad at the moment.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post