SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How is everyone doing mentally/emotionally with the COVID situation?
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How is everyone doing mentally/emotionally with the COVID situation? Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
quote:
I hate this shit. I think if I hear another person say "We're all in this together" I'm going to apply a Louisville Slugger to them.

I with you right there. All the commercials and all the local news channels constantly saying that and reminding us to "social distance", calling this "new normal" and the pc "mask shaming"have totally pissed me off. As best as I can, I will refuse to do business with any of these places advertising their "virtuous actions to protect us" and I'm ready to punch the first person who comes up to me and tells me I'm not keeping enough distance or wearing a mask.

Sadly, everything I predicted at the start of this has come true. Many states are cooking the books so heavily that it has made them desperate to keep the unConstitutional control that they have gained. None of the models were right. The "death toll" was so low that they have had to start "deeming" all deaths over the age of 50, regardless of means, a COVID death. It's just that they will not admit they were wrong, and have screwed up the economy for nothing.

The "crush the Constitution, save grandpa" crowd have eased into "wear a mask, it's not to protect you, but it protects others". They also warn us of the impending models that show a second more lethal outbreak this fall. I guess the health department is going to have to start shooting people for not wearing a mask, or getting 5' away from someone to get the death toll higher.

Let's also not forget the other shaming that is going on if you think for yourself.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Let's also not forget the other shaming that is going on if you think for yourself.

No doubt, wife and I went into Progressive Market aka Fresh Market, we were the only two without masks of about 40 to 50 people including employees. While nobody said anything you could feel the eyeballs of disgust from shoppers LOL.

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Many business owners are requiring masks and are otherwise following .gov guidelines because they fear the very real threat of lawsuits by hungry tort lawyers as time goes on.

You don't have to patronize their businesses but don't paint them all with the GDC brush.

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Dear Lord!!

Governor Blackfaced Baby killing Coonman Northam has instituted WHISKEY RATIONING!!

quote:
https://www.abc.virginia.gov/products/limited-availability

For In-Store Purchase Only
The products listed below are in very high demand, and available inventories are insufficient to meet public demand. These products are available for in-store purchase in-store. They are not available via online ordering. Additionally, in order to make these products available to as many customers as possible, Virginia ABC is limiting the purchase of these products to one bottle per customer or license number per visit. We hope this will allow for a more equitable distribution of these products that are in short supply.

1792 Bottled in Bond
1792 Full Proof Bourbon
1792 High Rye Whiskey
1792 Single Barrel Bourbon
Ancient Ancient Age Bourbon 1.75
Ancient Ancient Age 1 Liter
Angel's Envy Cask Strength
Angel's Envy Port Barrel
Angel's Envy Rye Whiskey
Basil Hayden's Rye
Blanton Single Barrel 375
Blanton Single Barrel 750
Booker's Bourbon
Buffalo Trace 1.75
Buffalo Trace 750
Bulleit Bourbon Barrel Strength
Crown Royal Peach
Elijah Craig Barrel Proof Bourbon
Eagle Rare 10yr 1.75
Eagle Rare 10yr 375
Eagle Rare 10yr 750
Elijah Craig 21 Year Single Barrel Bourbon
Elmer T Lee
Henry McKenna Single Barrel 750
High West A Midwinter Nights Dram
Jefferson Ocean Aged At Sea Cask Strength
Jefferson's Chef's Collaboration
Jefferson's Pichon Baron Oak Cask Finish
Jefferson's Reserve Old Rum Cask Finish
Jefferson's Reserve Pritchard Hill Cab Cask Finish
Larceny Barrel Proof
Michter's Limited Release Single Barrel 10 Yr Rye
Michter's Single Barrel 10 Yr. Bourbon
Michter's Toasted Barrel Finish Bourbon
Michter's Toasted Sour Mash
Michter's US 1 Sour Mash
Pikesville Rye 110 Proof
Sazerac Rye 6 Yr
Stagg Jr.
Very Old Barton 1.75
Whistlepig 12 Yr
Whistlepig 15 Yr
Whistlepig Cask Strength
Whistlepig Farm Stock Rye Crop 3
Suntory Yamazaki 12 Yr Whisky 750

Patriots UNITE against this TYRANNY!!!!

Eek

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31430 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Some people don't know how hard I work on not seeing if I can make their nose touch the back of their skulls.
It's a full time job.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty lucky. Kentucky emergency order procedures are actually written into law here. Gun sales, distribution, etc. are specifically prohibited from being closed. There's also a proviso that, in an essential business, anything that presents a clear danger or security threat doesn't have to be followed. So, my boss decided masks were a security threat. We don't prevent customers from wearing them (we know most of them) but we don't wear them.

It's really odd. Around December/January, everyone in the shop had a really bad flu for a week or so, and most of us were out sick from three to five days. Since then, no one has had a sniffle. Some of the guys took the option of staying home for several weeks for various reasons, without pay.

Emotionally, I roll between bouts of serious rage. I usually go for a brisk walk when that happens. The boss understands, if I walk out the front door for a while he doesn't care, as long as I don't bill him the hour I was gone. It helps.

Posts: 17140 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I just had a thought. If anyone says anything to me about not wearing a mask, I'm going to accuse them of being a mask bully. You know how that is going to throw them into a fit because only conservatives bully people.

#stopmaskbullying

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
quote:
I hate this shit. I think if I hear another person say "We're all in this together" I'm going to apply a Louisville Slugger to them.

I with you right there. All the commercials and all the local news channels constantly saying that and reminding us to "social distance", calling this "new normal" and the pc "mask shaming"have totally pissed me off. As best as I can, I will refuse to do business with any of these places advertising their "virtuous actions to protect us" and I'm ready to punch the first person who comes up to me and tells me I'm not keeping enough distance or wearing a mask.

Sadly, everything I predicted at the start of this has come true. Many states are cooking the books so heavily that it has made them desperate to keep the unConstitutional control that they have gained. None of the models were right. The "death toll" was so low that they have had to start "deeming" all deaths over the age of 50, regardless of means, a COVID death. It's just that they will not admit they were wrong, and have screwed up the economy for nothing.

The "crush the Constitution, save grandpa" crowd have eased into "wear a mask, it's not to protect you, but it protects others". They also warn us of the impending models that show a second more lethal outbreak this fall. I guess the health department is going to have to start shooting people for not wearing a mask, or getting 5' away from someone to get the death toll higher.

Right there with you from the start. Too many people are comfortable using their fear as an excuse to allow overreaching politicians to power grab. Disgraceful but not surprising. Most people are talkers, not walkers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just had a thought. If anyone says anything to me about not wearing a mask, I'm going to accuse them of being a mask bully. You know how that is going to throw them into a fit because only conservatives bully people.

#stopmaskbullying

After I knock said bully the fuck out that's when the mask comes on. Don't want anyone to ID me. Wink

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have avoided wearing a mask up to this point. I have stopped shopping anywhere that requires them.

Tomorrow I have been asked to go help out at one of my employer’s retail locations which will require me to wear a mask. I am frustrated but will not jeopardize my job over it.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men have insurance." JALLEN

Posts: 961 | Location: Shadow of St. Helens | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:

#stopmaskbullying

I've considered feigning sneezing and coughing to make them run away, but the drama, lawd the drama, some asshole might shoot me while in a fevered panic or something, or I could be trampled by the herd.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Since having been given a mask at my doctor's office, I've been wearing it into stores. I do so not because I think it protects me (I don't think it does) or because I've been told I have to (not sure I have been), but because it may calm the others around me who are fearful.

I'm in a high-risk category: age 82 and Type II Diabetic, have a pacemaker, etc. However, my immune system seems to be in pretty good shape (I don't get sick very much) and I don't really worry about the virus. When I've been out I wash my hands; I also wipe them when I enter the supermarket (the carts are being sanitized). I don't wear the mask when I'm just outdoors or going through a drive-thru for food (but those inside are).

I do miss being able to congregate with my church choir and 2 handbell groups, and hope those restrictions will soon end.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Since having been given a mask at my doctor's office, I've been wearing it into stores. I do so not because I think it protects me (I don't think it does) or because I've been told I have to (not sure I have been), but because it may calm the others around me who are fearful.
Oy

Posts: 107512 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm very tempted to stop at the entrance, put on a mask, and take off my pants.

Posts: 17140 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
One of my neighbors told me that he's developing a new cologne he plans to call Rooftop Sniper. It seems the strain on some is greater than on others.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
I'm very tempted to stop at the entrance, put on a mask, and take off my pants.

“DON’T look Ethel!!”

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Dear Lord!!

Governor Blackfaced Baby killing Coonman Northam has instituted WHISKEY RATIONING!!

quote:
https://www.abc.virginia.gov/products/limited-availability

Patriots UNITE against this TYRANNY!!!!

Eek

In other words, all the good stuff is rationed.
That Governor of ours is going to drive us to drink, if we can get anything to drink! Wink

Posts: 3214 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:

No doubt, wife and I went into Progressive Market aka Fresh Market, we were the only two without masks of about 40 to 50 people including employees. While nobody said anything you could feel the eyeballs of disgust from shoppers LOL.

Well, we just heard that governor blackface just ordered that every person has to wear a face mask! Sounds about right for the idiot that tried to outlaw guns and was ready to send the state national guard from house to house seizing all firearms!

He would have done very well under Stalin!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He "ordered" it? What does that mean? Tell me this- has this been made into a state law, or is he just saying that everyone has to do it?

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Some of these governors are starting to sound like Kim Jong-un wannabees.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post