SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How is everyone doing mentally/emotionally with the COVID situation?
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How is everyone doing mentally/emotionally with the COVID situation? Login/Join 
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Backup refrigerator died today, so off to Lowes/Home Depot to find something large enough AND in stock.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for the well wishes. Honestly we are in a better position than most Americans. I hate seeing my savings get fucked up. I am certain we will survive this, and likely flourish, while goals may be greatly delayed, I am luckier than many and we've been through tough times in the past and both pulled out individually, together it's going to take a lot to take us down.

Savings, supplies, and food are in good shape. Prospects are good. Thank goodness I have highly sought after skills that will never, not be in demand and she's still working, and got a very nice bump in income last year.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I will say that Sigforum zoom thing is great. Almost the only non work/family interactions I’m really having these days!

Otherwise, Not too bad. Miss having my mom come over and she misses seeing my wife and baby. Dad died last year, so she’s at home alone. That’s the only thing that has me down.

I did take her my P232 for protection even though she didn’t want it.

Well, that and the awesome economy/fun having Trump (pre-virus fun) as our president when he has time to really do his thing.

Oh, one more, I was killing it at the gym. Bigger, stronger, leaner...now I’m out of my groove. But getting back in to home workouts.

Staying home with preggo wife and toddler is taking some getting used to...for all of us lol.

Finished a rifle build. Got my home gym Set up. Taking naps...I feel almost like I’m retired or something.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Throughout this whole fiasco I'll probably end up alienating and cutting off all communication with more people than I ever did about politics.

WTF is so wrong with everyone that if you don't share their exact lever of panic or share the exact opinion about how the government is handling this mess they actually get angry and shitty? Everybody thinks they know everything all the fucking time and instead of sharing different perspectives and opinions they choose to make their whole life a pissing match.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Hey Grumpy. How are you doing. Periodically I check the old Plain Dealer website and I see today one of the guards in your neck of the woods has passed. My condolences if you knew him.

quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:
On Isolation status currently after my department ordered test came back positive.
My wife is using the Curb delivery pickup online grocery order for the first time.
Glad for that . I’ve had offers from friends & officers to deliver groceries & adult beverages (LoL) but I feel bad asking until / unless it’s truly needed.
Getting pretty boring laying in bed having a shop full of projects but not having the energy to get out there.
11 more days till I can go back to work.
But thankfully we had been “logical preppers” in that we had lay on supplies for three months of food & daily supplies in case of a natural disaster.
I think finding a flour shortage on our part & in the stores is the only thing we’ve found.
But there was a good supply found at a local Amish bulk store.

Listening to all the motorcycles going by has me wishing this whole thing to be over .
Nice to see all the families out walking in our small town though.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I’ve found that keeping super busy has really helped. I weeded my garden boxes I have around my deck, planted a bunch of romaine and butter crunch lettuce as well as broccoli, red cabbage and kale. I finished one of my two raised garden boxes and planted tomatoes and sweet bell peppers.

I took advantage of a BEAUTIFUL day and took my kids out for a canoe trip on our lake. We caught two turtles which made my sons day. My smallest daughter is learning how to paddle a canoe so I was totally wet when we got back to the dock. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
Hey Grumpy. How are you doing. Periodically I check the old Plain Dealer website and I see today one of the guards in your neck of the woods has passed. My condolences if you knew him.

This morning. An officer from my prison.
I’m still down with it but not in the hospital so that’s a plus.
If all goes as expected I’ll be back on duty end of next week when my ordered time off expires.
This thing has some staying power for sure.
Zero energy, cough and still no sense of smell or taste.
But that’s still 100% than I was just a couple days ago.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Had a job interview today, got passed on to second round. Not really looking forward to it. Round two, five hours panel of three people.

If selected I'll be working for Amazon Web Services alternating 3 and 4 day work weeks 12 hr shifts, likely starting off as night shift. Pay will be about what I'm earning now (was).

I'm excited about possibly learning new stuff, especially the HVAC side. Even more excited about not having to go into malls or peoples houses.

Fingers crossed I get it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am pulling for you. I am having to make huge adjustments in my small business to stay open and pay the bills.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Still sinking my teeth to this new streaming tv stuff, plenty to catch up on in Netflix and other apps. I've been pretty much hamstrung since having to retire from health stuff so sitting around in a recliner watching tv I'm a pro.

As earlier mentioned that gave me a laugh. Living here in south Miami with a higher than average infection rate we've been stuck homebound for some time. We had some free meals delivered here today for the 65 and older crowd and before it could even be examined out came the wife with the clorox spray and damn near sidelined me with the fumes. Bless her heart, she has our best interests at heart but it really did a number on my breathing...

I can't even imagine anything further happening but we are also heading straight into hurricane season...

Hang in there folks, we'll get thru this!

Speaking of hanging in there, I posted this elsewhere but it's a pair of new born cloud leopard kittens that was born the last few days here at our Miami Metro Zoo..

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
^^^ good excuse to sit out back with the Fuzz and enjoy the day.

Edit, not that fuzz.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

posted Hide Post
Skins2881- Did Amazon ask you to answer their questions in a STAR format?
S – Situation - background info
T – Task - what you had to do
A – Activity - what you did - this should be the longest part of the answer
R – Results - positive; quantifiable; what you learned; what you would do differently next time

I did an abbreviated 2nd level 4 hour interview last summer with Amazon. It seemed like I had the skills and experience But didn't answer all the questions in that format so didn't get the job. It was with Amazon Prime Autonomous- aka Drones.

Good luck with the next interview cycle.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
braillediver, similar but more focused the S & R with technical stuff more heavily weighted, been researching AWS/Amazon interview questions. In the end interview asked me on next round to learn more on HVAC side and brush up on electrical theory vs application. They are not fun to interview for.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I'm keeping very busy with some creative projects I had started before all the hubbub. It's sufficiently complicated and interesting stuff that I can and do burn through hours at a time, with hardly a thought of much else while deep in it, so it's a nice escape, inside, that's neither fattening nor addictive, etc.

I'm also not watching any news at all beyond a few choice speeches and updates every few days, but zero blathering talking heads to get me worked up or down, and none of that "noise" is polluting my hard fought degrees of peace and tranquility. That and the actual work I've had to do (minimal) helps a lot.

The basic strategy being: drown out the bad with the good/better. It mostly works, most of the time. Been getting outside frequently, too, even if only briefly, and making sure to get some exercise. It helps a ton.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
^^^ good excuse to sit out back with the Fuzz and enjoy the day.

Edit, not that fuzz.

Jesse, just last night I was sitting out back on the pool deck with the Fuzz. Sadly one of the odd benefits of the pandemic is it's so quiet now as I live in a neighborhood thats relatively close to a shopping center. I'd forgotten how nice it is to look up at night at the stars and just absorb the peace..

I do hope you get sorted out brother, I'll include a prayer up for you and wife and the kids black and gray.

*** What an odd coincidence that I just ran into. I read from the scripture each day and today my reading was from Isaiah 11:1 "And there shall come forth a root out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots" a cool chapter with the leopard will lay down with the goats and the wolf with the lamb stuff as remembered as a kid..** There's a lot more meaning about these verses 1-9 but it just caught my attentions that it mentions your name a few times Smile

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Mrs and I stay busy between walks in the country, reading and preparing meals. We absolutely refuse to turn on TV until 5:00. We spent 2-3 hours on our deck yesterday on a beautiful warm, sunny day working on our suntans. Yes in NW Montana. I try to read at least 1 - 2 books a week. Currently I'm reading the Stephen Coonts series on Jake Grafton.

We got back from our winter trip ton the Florida panhandle last week and noticed we stocked up on TP and paper towels last year at Costco. We have 3 big packs of TP in the storage room. We've got 200# of dog food for our Goldendoodle in the garage from last fall as well. We stock up when Costco has their sales.

I bought a bunch of Mobile 1 on the last sale as well. I need to do oil changes on my SUV, F-150 and Kubota tractor and zero turn. I'll stay busy for a week anyway.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
I thought I would post this video here:

Canadian Social Distancing:

Watch the whole video if you have time but at least fast forward to the 27:23 mark or to the 29:32 mark (it really isn't right).

This is NOT the winter camping that me and my sisters experienced growing up! We all have PTSD issues concerning camping. How bad you ask, well lets say that out of all my military military time in the field in cold weather conditions (including the time I had food poisoning and eventually ended up in the hospital....that is when they found out that MREs DO have a shelf life and can't be half assed stored indefinitely), none of those times break into my top 10 worst camping experiences.

Posts: 3934 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I needed to take some time off from work. They are doing things half assed. This has been going on for weeks now and finally keeping us out of the office for work assignments. Now we have to knock on the door to tell them we are done and get the next job. Mentally exhausting and figured it best to get away for a bit. I know first world problems compared to others on here and around the world.

Not only that, this virus is supposed to get worse this next week or so.

So, in my time off I am installing the backsplash in our kitchen and have a few other projects I want to tackle. Got to work on my tractor, pick up sticks, and now. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by satch:
I look at this from another side watching the human animal. During WWII rubber tires were the big thing to try and find, now it’s TP. Seen a commercial today about a company how their doing their best to supply TP, showing a Semi on the road with a load. I’m just waiting to hear about Semi being hi-jacked, and some guy on the street saying to you, “PSST, hey bud, need some TP,it’s top quality”.
Well, here in Dallas we just had a truck full of TP burn up on the Interstate.

flashguy
. Oh,the humanity!

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Like grandma used to say, there is no problem a cup of hot tea and buttered toasted bread with cinnamon sugar cannot help. I still mix it fresh in small batches. Caffeine, fats, sugar, the 'crunch' ...

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post