SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    candy eating etiquette, which is more wrong...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

candy eating etiquette, which is more wrong... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I just take a bite off the kitkat block - as well as tossing a handful of random color M&Ms in. Skittles or starburst I'll try to either eat by color or mix the colors I don't like with the ones I do to make them less objectionable.

So yes - you need another option on the poll!

Shawn

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1745 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Candy and etiquette don't belong in the same sentence.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Since Kit Kat are cardboard covered in a greasy substance only vaguely like chocolate, you can eat them however you like. I can't stand them.

I eat M&Ms one at a time, in whatever color order they come to hand.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I usually eat a Kit Kat one snapped-off piece at a time, but occasionally I'll go all barbarian on it and just bite off a chunk. Regular M&Ms are eaten by the handful, all colors mixed. Peanut M&Ms are a whole different thing. They are eaten one at a time. Color is very important here. First you have to segregate them according to your favorite NFL or NCAA football teams (NFL haters please refrain) or by whatever criteria you prefer - for example a Green Bay fan (ahem) would separate out the green and yellow ones and save them for last.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
As a man who openly eats nine ice cream sandwiches at a time, I find no fault in the eating habits of others.

Nine??
Well, at least you haven't descended into double digits. That might make some people think you have a "problem".... Eek

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
For nine ice cream sandwiches, I have to be both hungry and fighting the demon. And that's for the smaller 3.5 ounce sandwiches on chocolaty wafers. 170 calories each.

4.0 ounce Klondike bars entombed in chocolate? I've stopped at six, but try to take a breath at three, and found that I feel full. Once my body has time to register the intake.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
if you are taking time to examine your candy , you might be doing it wrong

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Regardless of the issue, your wife is right. Duh.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Speaking of Kit Kats, the new seasonal portion sizes that are coming online with Halloween are just all kinds or wrong!
Single bars, nothing to break, shorter than regulation length! White chocolate heresy!

Some Nestle candy product marketing mgr. needs to be let go!

HK Ag

Posts: 3496 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Well, the Swiss certainly know chocolate, and in the Swiss language, "kit" means "break" and "kat" means "along the grooves." So, there really is no room for argument there. M&Ms, on the other hand, are faintly sour, chalky chocolate in which the sugar coating is the best part.

The chocolate coated peanuts, however, are good because you can't really ruin a good peanut.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So I have some questions for those that feel compelled to eat the mm's sorted by color. Do you only sort the few that are in your hand at any given time, or do you dump out the whole package and sort the whole package? What if you open a big 2lb package? What if you are at a party and there is a big bowl of mm's on the table. Do you paw through them to get all of a certain color? What happens if there are two or three people eating from the bowl at the same time? Do you all agree on which color each person is going to be eating? Do you ever get disinvited from parties because you pissed off the other folks by eating all of the red mm's?

Posts: 1994 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dead_Eye
posted Hide Post
I've heard that if one eats a kit kat without breaking it apart it's one of many signs that he or she has the psychological makeup to be a serial killer. The same goes for people who will only eat pizza with a knife and fork.

Beware the man who has one gun because he probably knows how to use it.

Posts: 368 | Location: Somplace with cold drinks and warm women | Registered: May 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
You'd think race baiters would love M&M's, because there aren't any white ones. But they hate them because they prove that under our thin candy shells, we're all the same... although some of us are nuts.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
The same goes for people who will only eat pizza with a knife and fork.

Never turn your back on anyone who eats pizza with a knife and fork. Ever.

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
quote:
The same goes for people who will only eat pizza with a knife and fork.

Never turn your back on anyone who eats pizza with a knife and fork. Ever.

That would be the French. They eat pizza with a knife and fork.

And as as matter of course...so does my wife! Eek

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
I have been known to eat pizza with a knife and fork, on occasion - Razz Eek Razz

Come to think of it, my President has been known to eat fried chicken with a knife and fork Wink

Am also part French, too Cool

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Keepin my eye on youse guys....

Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Not only does one eat M&M 's one color at a time, one separates the colors and eats any odd ones first so you start out with an even number of each color.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
Well, the Swiss certainly know chocolate, and in the Swiss language, "kit" means "break" and "kat" means "along the grooves." So, there really is no room for argument there. M&Ms, on the other hand, are faintly sour, chalky chocolate in which the sugar coating is the best part.

The chocolate coated peanuts, however, are good because you can't really ruin a good peanut.

Smile

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post