SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    candy eating etiquette, which is more wrong...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

candy eating etiquette, which is more wrong... Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
There is no "u" in color you Canadian ... Lol...

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I've always broken off the Kit Kat bar and eaten one row at a time. However, I've always disliked the fact that the chocolate melts all over my fingers. I think my next Kit Kat will be consumed holding onto it inside the wrapper and whatever I bit gets eaten. You'd think I would have thought of this before but I really never have. I may be developmentally challenged.

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Well this is all just a bit ridiculous.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Eat the m&m one or two at a time. Tuck it into your cheek like a squirrel. Let the color coating dissolve, then the sugar shell, then the chocolate melt in your mouth. Then grind away at the peanut slowly. Anyway, this is how I eat m&m on roadtrips to help stay awake.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
When I eat a Kit Kat (or Snickers, Hershey's, etc), I don't touch the chocolate with my bare hands, I use the wrapper to hold the bar and take a bite, peel back more wrapper and repeat. So why in the world would I break off little pieces, even nice little rows of them, with my fingers? It's the same when I see people who peel a banana down a bit, and break off piece with their fingers to stuff into their mouths. Savages Razz

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
OK, I didn't vote, as my answer is not listed.

First, I'm not a fan of Kit Kats. Why waste a candy experience if all one has is Kit Kats....

Second, I've had type 1 Diabetes for over 32 years, so all candy is off the table for me in the big picture.

Third, I've always been a huge fan of M&M's, therefore, on the rare occasion I consume a few, I limit the amount to 4 or 5 pieces at most.
That being said, I prefer the dark brown & yellow M&M's. I will eat a single blue version, and if I have no other options, I'll have one red M&M. But I find that the red one tastes funny sometimes.
I will never eat the orange M&M's, as they are the wrong shade of orange. They remind me of UT (the one in Knoxville) colors.

I don't know. Does this seem OCD?? Confused

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
They make them that way so you can break them off, if not why would they go to all the trouble? Green m&m's make you horny everyone knows that eat them first.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I rarely eat either one. For candy I go for Baby Ruth®, Clark®, or Hershey female®.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I just eat a Kit Kat like a regular candy bar...just peal the wrapper and bite off a big section...repeat till it's sweet crunchy goodness is gone...

Same with M&Ms...no sorting by color...just pop 'em in and crunch away...

With these two candies the taste is the same no matter how I scarf them down...

Now Skittles are a different story Razz

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I've seen people eat Oreo cookies without spinning the top off and scraping the creme filling with your front teeth. Savages!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kkina,

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
Eating KitKats without snapping them apart is a dastardly crime against candy! They should be snapped along their natural dividing lines then allowed to melt to the point that you can pick apart the individual layers of crispy, crunchy goodness with your tongue!

Posts: 4801 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
M&Ms? Nah.
Kit-Kat? Nah.
Hersheys Dark Chocolate Kisses.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Hersheys Dark Chocolate is disgusting. Dove Dark Chocolate is the only dark chocolate that I have tried that is worth having.

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
My wife and her daughter insist that different color M&ms taste different
They avoid green and brown.

I've tried eating a Kit Kat without breaking it apart. It was liberating.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mark123,

Posts: 45330 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Skittles should be eaten one color at a time, not M&M's.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
Eat Kit Kats two at a time, no more no less.

Separate M&M's (and Skittles) by color and then eat them by color.

Anything else is pure chaos.

Posts: 10186 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
.... or Hershey female®.

flashguy

Umm? Confused

Posts: 10186 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
She's damned no matter which choice is taken. As a man who openly eats nine ice cream sandwiches at a time, I find no fault in the eating habits of others.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just shove them in your piehole!! Big Grin

I break Kit-Kat off and eat m&m's by the handful.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Our office candy bin has KitKat minis, one row only.....

And I'd have voted neither. People are nuts.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12349 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post