SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    most impressive first time shopping at "Hobby Lobby"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

most impressive first time shopping at "Hobby Lobby" Login/Join 
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted
despite all I've heard the last few years about this place, never have been in one, let alone 'shop for something'.

SWMBO had a little project requiring some supplies we just couldn't find anywhere else. After THREE total waste-of-time and DAMN little sales clerk even existed let alone even showing up in the same quadrant of the galaxy, She suggests we go there(!)

First, it's a BIG place;
Second, there's LOTS of stuff nicely displayed;
Third, we couldn't find our stuff, so a lady helped us get to the right aisle~~another lady there helped hunt for it, which proved to be the wrong thing,who THEN walked us down another ailse to a couple more workers(!!!) who asked questions and walked us right to the exact product we didn't know existed(!!!!!)

After assuring it was 'right thing' one of the clerks spend time describing how to best use the product!!!!!!

Yes, I will be finding a reason to shop there again.

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I like going and looking through their man-cave Mustang stuff. They have all varieties of whatever theme you are looking for.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Today I went to a Hate Chicken™ for the first time. It was pretty good.

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
My wife loves that place and I've grown an appreciation for it too. We're going on Saturday to get some items.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Hobby Lobby is a real asset. If you have one in your community, be grateful.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8341 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
My name is Rolan and I have a "Hobby Lobby Habit".

I get a lot of stuff for Steampunk projects there, and pretty much anything else "crafty". I like it a lot better than Michael's.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fvyellowbird
posted Hide Post
A new one just opened here last month, I went in for the first time this week looking for picture hanging stuff. It's huge! But for a place that sells a million things to hang on your wall, they had the weakest assortment of hooks you can imagine. I was surprised, off to Lowes.

Hell, is other people! J-P S

Posts: 1140 | Location: St Simons Island, Georgia USA! | Registered: October 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm the only one who doesn't like the place much. I've been in there a couple times and it seems like it's basically for woman to buy mostly crappy chotskey (sp) crap to fill the house.

About the only half way interesting section for guys is a bunch of new signs made to mimic old signs.

Posts: 3915 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post