SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Went to use my online bill pay and I got a big surprise
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Went to use my online bill pay and I got a big surprise Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
VCDL is addressing the issue I had.

https://www.listbox.com/member...7-A458-AE0D2D418E1D/

Item # 11 from VCDL

11. Virginia Credit Union bill-pay prohibits payment for any firearms-related items

Member Craig Brown has advised me that the Virginia Credit Union prohibits bill-pay to be used to pay for anything related to firearms, including scopes! They have clumped firearms in with illegal drugs.

Perhaps they are too stupid to be handling your money?

Here is item 13 (d) of the Bill Pay agreement:

13 Prohibited Payments. The following types of payments are prohibited through the Service, and we have the right but not the obligation to monitor for, block, cancel and/or reverse such payments:

d. Payments related to: (1) tobacco products, (2) prescription drugs and devices; (3) narcotics, steroids, controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety; (4) drug paraphernalia; (5) ammunition, firearms, or firearm parts or related accessories; (6) weapons or knives regulated under applicable law; (7) goods or services that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity; (8) goods or services that are sexually oriented; (9) goods or services that promote hate, violence, racial intolerance, or the financial exploitation of a crime; (10) goods or services that defame, abuse, harass or threaten others; (11) goods or services that include any language or images that are bigoted, hateful, racially offensive, vulgar, obscene, indecent or discourteous; (12) goods or services that advertise, sell to, or solicit others; or (13) goods or services that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy, or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction; and

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I don't think I've ever used online bill pay through either my bank or CU. I pay for everything by ... credit card...
How do you pay your credit card issuer? I use online bill pay to pay my credit card bills.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
C Payments related to: (2) prescription drugs and devices;

I foresee a whopper of a Class Action Lawsuit if they actually ban this subsection. Means they are discriminating against anyone with a wide variety of medical conditions, such as diabetics, those with chronic pain, victims of cancer, those with high blood pressure, and a host of other recognized conditions requiring treatment with prescription medicines. Heck, they are even banning payment for something as basic as crutches.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Just checked my agreements at the credit union and it has none of that crap.

They are ruling out use of online banking for a lot of very normal stuff: prescription drugs, sex related items (birth control, condoms, lube, etc.) tobacco, goods that advertise (???) So you can't buy a mug with a company name on it...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who knows something to do with the Patriot Act?? That act is really a pain in ass sometimes. I do not know enough about this to provide details, perhaps someone with more knowledge about financial regs would know. Sure borders on invasion of privacy to me. It could also be Eric Holder as the link posted above suggests.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post