SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So I cleaned the floors.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So I cleaned the floors. Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Marriage? Wow! This is all so sudden! Sure! But:
You have to move to the Yoop.
I want a honeymoon in Fiji. 6 weeks should be sufficient. On the beach. I want to see moonlight on the surf.
Unlimited ammo budget.
Five full carats.
You need to be a Cordon Bleu chef.
And of course, undying love and devotion. Which means you need to bring a dog!
The sexless part I am fine with.

Never mind, I had no idea you were so fucking needy.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20817 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Dang!! I was just about to pronounce you both as 'Man and Larry'.

Oh yeah, regarding the original question... Yes, the ladies can be quite impressed with the man cleaning the bath, toilet, and floors. It is my wont when cleaning the floors to move furniture out of the room and to get down on all fours with a brush or pad. That was SOP before marriage and SOP now. Frankly, I think they just like to see a man on his knees.

And I also cook and wash dishes. Monday I prepared a variation of Supremes de Volaille aux Champignons (Chicken Breasts with Mushrooms and Cream) from Julia Child's recipe.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
So I married a Korean woman. Born and raised in Incheon. We have it worked out pretty well. I cook, she cleans. She cooks, I clean, if she is really tired and allows it. I take care of the yard work (spraying roundup on the rocks every six weeks and weeding the few that get missed) and I wash the cars, trash detail, pretty much anything outside the walls. I repair anything that breaks, or prevent things from breaking. I have to keep the garage tidy and clean to her standards, which is near impossible.
She cleans the house (all rooms), does laundry, picks out clothes for me every morning, and makes me a great breakfast. Usually lunch is waiting in the fridge when I get home at lunchtime.

The values she was raised with, are similar to the values women were raised with in the US back in the 40’s and 50’s.

She is a firm believer that there’s woman’s work and men’s work. She doesn’t want to do a man's job, and thinks less of men who do women’s work. She’s also extremely politically UNcorrect. She says shit that even I am like "WTF did you say? You can’t say that in public!”.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
So I married a Korean woman. Born and raised in Incheon. We have it worked out pretty well. I cook, she cleans. She cooks, I clean, if she is really tired and allows it. I take care of the yard work (spraying roundup on the rocks every six weeks and weeding the few that get missed) and I wash the cars, trash detail, pretty much anything outside the walls. I repair anything that breaks, or prevent things from breaking. I have to keep the garage tidy and clean to her standards, which is near impossible.
She cleans the house (all rooms), does laundry, picks out clothes for me every morning, and makes me a great breakfast. Usually lunch is waiting in the fridge when I get home at lunchtime.

The values she was raised with, are similar to the values women were raised with in the US back in the 40’s and 50’s.

She is a firm believer that there’s woman’s work and men’s work. She doesn’t want to do a man's job, and thinks less of men who do women’s work. She’s also extremely politically UNcorrect. She says shit that even I am like "WTF did you say? You can’t say that in public!”.
What do unmarried Korean men do? Live in squalor so not to do women's work?

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:

During the year I spent there and men I worked with who married Korean nationals, the women pretty much ran the household, at least in their marriage.......ahjumma ran most of the clubs outside the base also. Nearly all the clubs had dancers (young girls indentured to the bar).

Pretty traditional society from my limited experience.

Single dudes who won't clean up after themselves probably live a pretty miserable existence. Eek

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1936 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
In my old age I learned that I really enjoy cooking, so I do probably 90% of the cooking and usually clean up the kitchen afterwards. I also help with some housecleaning but she does most of it. I do pretty much all the outside work which is considerable on a farm, wash and maintain the vehicles, and fix whatever needs fixing.

I like our life, it's a good balance.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5038 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soflaac:

no one in south Florida does their own lawn work.
I am in the Orlando area, so not really south Florida. In the 33 years that we have lived in this house, we have been through close to a dozen lawn service outfits. One of them was good, but he retired. The rest have been no-shows, did sloppy work, did damage to the property, ignored requests, etc.

I finally bit the bullet and bought an EGo battery-powered mower, and a weed eater, a trimmer, and a blower, and this 82 year-old mobility limited guy is doing his own lawn work. Where is Mark123 when you need him?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30658 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
My wife and I split things....that is when my MIL is not home, when she is home the kitchen is her territory.

Now that I am living with my 20yo son....he does his dishes....when I tell him to.

I occasionally spray his room and open a window so the cheese smell does not permeate the rest of the flat.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
I posted the same information four years ago and got a response, "What? You're supposed to clean them?".

It is about time for a scrub and mop. Maybe in November ...

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I’m weird too, I cook, clean and do laundry. It’s part of helping maintain our home.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
I’m weird too, I cook, clean and do laundry. It’s part of helping maintain our home.

Last two words sum it up. In a good relationship each contribute with an end goal in mind and work in unison to achieve it. My wife has health limitations, but she'll try her hardest, sometimes to her detriment. No one wants to be the only one contributing in a team effort.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20817 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soflaac:
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:

During the year I spent there and men I worked with who married Korean nationals, the women pretty much ran the household, at least in their marriage.......ahjumma ran most of the clubs outside the base also. Nearly all the clubs had dancers (young girls indentured to the bar).

Pretty traditional society from my limited experience.

Single dudes who won't clean up after themselves probably live a pretty miserable existence. Eek

There is some fact to this. It is a different culture as soflaac mentions. I didn’t realize just how different and strong that culture is, until we had been together for a few years.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:

Quote:Originally posted by Skins2881
Last two words sum it up. In a good relationship each contribute with an end goal in mind and work in unison to achieve it. My wife has health limitations, but she'll try her hardest, sometimes to her detriment. No one wants to be the only one contributing in a team effort.

Mrs. Cooker and I do work together, we just do things a little differently than the average household. We have a balance, and it works well for us. It is our home, and we do share an equal load if the work. She excels at the things I am not so great at. I work on things that are too heavy, strenuous, or that she just doesn’t know how to do.
I have tried the “surprise, I cleaned the bathrooms for you” and she tries her damndest to act appreciative, but it’s an act, and not a good one. It really bothers her and makes her feel less of a woman. So sometimes, I will sit back and feel like a lazy pile, but she feels happy. Like I said, it’s a culture thing. It’s what she has believed for 60 years, I won’t be able to change that no matter how hard I try.

I did fail to mention, I am usually allowed to vacuum the hardwood floors on Saturday morning. She has accepted that the vacuum hurts her shoulder a little bit, and doesn’t get too weird when I help with that.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post