SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So I cleaned the floors.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So I cleaned the floors. Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted
I was off today so I decided to knock out one of the chores for the week, cleaning the floors. I was reminded of a conversation that my wife had with my step-sister a while back.

My family and my step-sister's family were all at my step-mom's house. My wife mentioned that "mark123 cleaned the floors today while I was at work. What a relief."

Step-sister replied "HE DID NOT!!!"

I said "I was off, wife123 was working. Why would I just sit around?"

Step-sister shot hate-lasers out of her eyes at her husband. He got really quiet and sunk down behind his phone. If I had gained any favor in his sight before that, it was surely gone.

Is it really a big deal that a male-type-person cleaned the house?

Posts: 45330 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Women want to share the work load as equals. But not when it comes to chivalry.

You pay when on a dinner date, you open the door for your spouse, you are responsible for being the traditional provider. But when it comes to benefiting the male spouse, the wife wants 'equality.'

It was never about what is fair.

This principle is going away, though, as the lines between gender's roles gets more blurred as time goes on.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
In my house, I'm in charge of floors, counters, dishes and dog poop. Wife is in charge of laundry, groceries and much more. It's fair and it works. We both work. Perhaps if she was home all day it'd be different.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
We have teen slave labor for that

Posts: 5301 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Sounds like Step BIL will get to start by doing the floor in the doghouse!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Whomever works the least should do their part to keep the house clean.

My wife works her ass off, but so do I. We split the chores nearly even-stevens. I supported her through college but she now makes more money than me, easily.

Not all men and women were taught how to be a responsible adults. The weren't taught how to clean their rooms, their houses, cook, mow the yard, manage finances, etc...

My wife an I are both formidable cooks, we can both clean floors, make beds and do the yard.

She exclusively does the laundry (THANK GOD!) and I do the heavier yard work but she'll do the raking and manage the plants.

Contrast that with my neighbor who had fake grass and a deck professionally installed in his backyard. The HOA does the front yard, so he never has to do yard work.

My son in law doesn't know how to pick up after himself. His parents never enforced a clean room. My daughter is the cleaner of the house. It's a sensitive subject between the two of them.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have an understanding about household chores in my family. I've offered for years to help, wife doesn't want me interfering in the way she does things.

I concur, and don't. Smile

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1925 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Mostly equal division of labor. I cook, she washes dishes. I do stuff around house and yard, she keeps things clean. We trade off on the kitchen cleaning, I clean the bathroom. Pretty fair for the most part. She has bad back problems, so sometimes when she works 12 hour day she doesn't have ability to mop, it can wait a few days or a week.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
During my marital days, I did:
Laundry.
Dirty dishes. (hate dirty plates in the sink)
Scooped poop and fed the varmints.
Scrubbed out the crappers.
Hauled trash.
Paid bills.
Changed towels and linens.
All yard work.
Washed the windows.
Gutter maintenance.
Vehicle maintenance.
Kept the place picked up.
Threaten and intimidate children to clean up after themselves.
All part of sharing a household.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I think we're all asked the question "What would you do if you won a million dollars?"

People usually answer something along the line of buying a new car, boat, jewelry, trips, etc.

My answer has never changed. If I won a million bucks I'd absolutely hire a housekeeper to come every week and clean.

I'm happy to wash the clothes and linens, do the dishes, refrigerator cleaning, bedding, things like that.

I'd gladly pay someone to clean floors, windows, bathrooms, baseboards, sweep and mop, things like that.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
During my marital days, I did:
Laundry.
Dirty dishes. (hate dirty plates in the sink)
Scooped poop and fed the varmints.
Scrubbed out the crappers.
Hauled trash.
Paid bills.
Changed towels and linens.
All yard work.
Washed the windows.
Gutter maintenance.
Vehicle maintenance.
Kept the place picked up.
Threaten and intimidate children to clean up after themselves.
All part of sharing a household.

Would you consider marrying me? It will be a sexless marriage, but I'll let you shoot my SIGs.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
I think we're all asked the question "What would you do if you won a million dollars?"

Pretty sure the standard answer is two chicks at the same time.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

Are you new here? You should know the standard answer: Hookers and blow.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
quote:

Correctly, it's:

Hookers and blow and then just waste the rest.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The correct division of labor...is whatever works for that couple.

I'm skewed more towards home maintenance, yard and garden type stuff but I do a decent amount of dishes, take out trash/recycling and some general clean up.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
The correct division of labor...is whatever works for that couple.

I'm skewed more towards home maintenance, yard and garden type stuff but I do a decent amount of dishes, take out trash/recycling and some general clean up.

I'm 100% with you on that, its like finances, different couples do things differently, its what works for them that matter. There may be societal tendencies, but no hard & fast template.

I used to walk our Akita, pay the bills & take out the trash, but no one in south Florida does their own lawn work. Big Grin

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1925 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
quote:

Movie reference.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/Q9t3ez_LU6Y

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

posted Hide Post
I like to cook, so that's my job. I wash certain dishes in the sink, she handles the dishwasher.

We split the laundry duties, she does hers plus the sheets, etc., and I do my clothes. She generally takes care of the dog's needs/cleanliness of it's area, and I pay for it's grooming every 6 weeks.

We do a serious clean of the house every two weeks, and I do our bathroom, the kitchen and mop the tile floors, while she uses the vacuum on the wood floors and dusts.

During the two weeks, each of us does whatever needs to be done to keep the house clean and looking nice.

We are both retired, her almost two years and me, just over twelve.

I like the way we do it, and it works well for us.

Bob

Posts: 1558 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Marriage? Wow! This is all so sudden! Sure! But:
You have to move to the Yoop.
I want a honeymoon in Fiji. 6 weeks should be sufficient. On the beach. I want to see moonlight on the surf.
Unlimited ammo budget.
Five full carats.
You need to be a Cordon Bleu chef.
And of course, undying love and devotion. Which means you need to bring a dog!
The sexless part I am fine with.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post