SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Justin Trudeau makes fashion statement at G20
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Justin Trudeau makes fashion statement at G20 Login/Join 
Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
"Well, one does want a hint of color....right?"

Haha love that movie!

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
What do you expect from a former cokehead, snowboard bum, two time college dropout? He is neck and neck with 0bama as the least qualified person elected as head of state in a first world country in the past 50 years.

I was living in Canada at the time of his election. Canada was the 4th country (only Israel has had the good sense to reject the campaign) from 0bama's Hope and Change campaign team. I was shocked people were falling for it, and even more shocking was one of his campaign positions was establishing better relations with 0dumbo's administration despite the fact they were lame ducks with one year left until the election of his successor.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fashion statement or fashion faux pas.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a golf buddy that is a regional manager for a major investment firm. He wears expensive suits, really expensive. You only get one chance to make a first impression. The socks he wears with them blow me away. I think wearing thin ties when thick ties are in vogue or thick ties when thin ties are in vogue is really stupid if you need to make an impression. If wild socks are the style, who cares? I don't run with those dogs so it doesn't matter to me.

Posts: 7546 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
He's a pretty boy leftist who has never done a day of real work in his life.

I'd rank him somewhere between whale shit and the bottom of the sea.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blue suit with brown shoes, no issue, actually very on-trend.

Red socks...while wearing a dark, three-piece...more look at me than any fashion statement.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TSE:

How about these?

Did you notice he's trying to support gay pride AND islam with these socks??

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
Damn Canadians. No fashion sense whatsoever. But that's only the beginning.

Living in the DMZ, as I do, I see first hand the gauche, torrid, and sometimes demonic faux pas of fashion that Canada is famous for, here.

It has been said many times, and accurately so, that the only function or purpose for Minnesota to exist is to protect Iowa from Canada. We take our responsibility seriously. The scourge that is the Canadian regime only exists to dominate other legitimate countries.

Fashion is only the beginning. Soon they will infect us all, and we will all start to look fabulous.

Ahh, yes, Tis a lonely path we trod, yet one that we must follow.

H&K-Guy

Haha, love your humor...Is Iowa worth it?

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
There's nothing wrong with his clothing choice, and it couldn't possibly be more irrelevant in a broad sense. There are NO firm rules for such things. All purely subjective nonsense.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
Damn Canadians. No fashion sense whatsoever. But that's only the beginning.

Living in the DMZ, as I do, I see first hand the gauche, torrid, and sometimes demonic faux pas of fashion that Canada is famous for, here.

It has been said many times, and accurately so, that the only function or purpose for Minnesota to exist is to protect Iowa from Canada. We take our responsibility seriously. The scourge that is the Canadian regime only exists to dominate other legitimate countries.

Fashion is only the beginning. Soon they will infect us all, and we will all start to look fabulous.

Ahh, yes, Tis a lonely path we trod, yet one that we must follow.

H&K-Guy

Is Iowa worth it?

Iowa is the linchpin in protecting the rest of the country's defenses. She must never fall. I didn't ask to be in this fight, but a fight is what Canada is going to get.

I know what any sane man would say, "How can a single state like Minnesota defend our entire nation." I propose to you, Sir, that it is not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

And so we keep calm, and carry on, each of us willing to do what must be done.

SV, if death wraps it's cold dead grasp around my bones, let it be known I died defending Iowa, the land that I love.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
Colored socks and laces have been fashionable for years.

Brown shoes with navy suit is also acceptable. I see no issue.

Exactly....The socks match the tie. At least he wasn't wearing WHITE BUCKS.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Matching, or at least correlating, socks with ties is not a new idea; in fact, it is a classic stylistic concept in menswear. You'll see Cary Grant doing it in some of his movies, as does Fred Astaire. And I've seen photos of the likes of Noel Coward and the Duke of Winsor--no slouches in the fashion department-- sporting that look. There are many other examples. But as is true with most style and fashion trends, items come and go and come again, usually with a new twist. Maybe that's what's up with the blue shoelaces. In any case, I'd be more concerned with his insane political points of view, and the fact that he heads the government of our closest neighbor.

Posts: 2692 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
(^^ The following isn't directed at you, amals. I'm just appalled in general.)

So he's wearing blue shoelaces with pale brown shoes to...show solidarity with the colorblind? The red socks might be a stretch in the right time of year, but the shoelaces are garish enough to prove that he chose those shoes to go with that suit because he's as tasteless as a Russian tourist in a cheap whorehouse.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I think the last time my socks matched my tie I was 18. Now, if that's the way it works I could care less. My ties were always brown and my socks were always black and I tried not to show my socks (didn't want the wallet to fall out...).

Call me when he shows up with sandals and black socks and I'll drive the getaway car...

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
He's Canadian. Who knows what they think?

There's more to it than that, Boss. He's a Froggli, and they are well-known for wearing clothes that were either styled by Stevie Wonder, or for getting dressed in the dark - sometimes both.

tac

Posts: 11316 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
What do you expect from a former cokehead, snowboard bum, two time college dropout? He is neck and neck with 0bama as the least qualified person elected as head of state in a first world country in the past 50 years.

I was living in Canada at the time of his election. Canada was the 4th country (only Israel has had the good sense to reject the campaign) from 0bama's Hope and Change campaign team. I was shocked people were falling for it, and even more shocking was one of his campaign positions was establishing better relations with 0dumbo's administration despite the fact they were lame ducks with one year left until the election of his successor.

Hah! You beat me to it.

Right now, Canada is the United States of Québec and the Rest. If he gives a single coil of parrot poop about the rest of us who don't live in the La Patrie/Homeland, I have yet to see it.

tac

Posts: 11316 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
There were 0bumas sox. He left them under his bed last state visit to Canada. Trubeau is probably wearing Barrys drawers too...

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
I would have expected this:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post