SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Nine Injured In Vallejo Teenage House Party Shooting
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nine Injured In Vallejo Teenage House Party Shooting Login/Join 
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted
I will be 62 next year.

Youngest daughter 10 grade in high school.
Was looking on retirement out of California in two years.

Dang the way things are going in Vallejo may do it sooner.

This happened in a not so good neighborhood close by.

The Story

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.c...ouse-party-shooting/

VALLEJO (CBS SF) — Four people were shot and five others injured early Sunday when gunfire erupted at a house party in Vallejo, authorities said.

According to Vallejo police Lt. Steve Cheatham, police received a call at 12:15 a.m. reporting a shooting at 110 Calhoun Street, near Benson Ave.

Arriving officers learned that a large group of teenagers were gathered for a party at the address.

According to Cheatham, a group of teenagers were gathered outside the residence when someone inside a vehicle across the street opened fire at the crowd.

Four people suffered gunshot wounds and five others suffered other injuries. All nine people, all of them minors, were transported to a local hospital with minor to serious injuries, Cheatham said.

The suspect vehicle fled the scene and is described as a four-door vehicle, possibly carrying two suspects inside.

The incident is currently under investigation and the suspects remain at large.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Vallejo was pretty cool when the Navy was still there. Since they've left, it's not a place I go to after dark.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I agree with synthplayer. I left the area in 1994. Lived in Vacaville but worked at the shipyard in Vallejo. You simply couldn't pay me enough to return to that broken city let along live in Kalifornia.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lived there for 20 yrs. When they closed Mare Island it really put the town in a tail spin. It never really seemed to recover. Really got bad after the bankrupcy,Laid off about half of the police force. I got out in 2010, used to really like that town but as it deteriorated I lost that.
Glad I left, just sorry it took so long.

Where's the beer!

Posts: 475 | Location: Oro Valley, Arizona | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
My Wife's family lived there since after WW2. Her Mom moved to Fairfield a few years back. It's a shame how drugs, gangs, and the general California political idea, ruined the town.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The suspect vehicle fled the scene and is described as a four-door vehicle, possibly carrying two suspects inside.

Well, at least they got a good description out there, should catch the suspects quickly! Roll Eyes

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I can give you a pretty good description. Just about any honest person with a triple digit IQ can do so.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107595 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vallejo/Mare Island...good times, good memories from my 4 months there late '73 into '74. Really hate to hear about this crap.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5785 | Location: Pegram, TN | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
Vallejo (and Benicia) used to be just a sleepy, crappy, down-scale town. As real estate prices hit the Bay Area stratosphere, it's gotten a lot busier. When I was Navy across the Strait at Port Chicago, some of the guys lived off base there. I was out there a couple years back and the traffic was almost as bad as SF and the closer in cities. Concord used to be a nice little 'burb and seems over run.

Side note, Benicia was named after one of Gen'l Patton's ancestors.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
More lawlessness and violence from yet another liberal stronghold; there seems to be a pattern, but I just can't put it together...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dad worked at Nightmare Island for two decades until it closed. Too many shitheads moved up there trying to get away from Oakland and Richmond. They forgot to leave Oakland and Richmond behind.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckWall:
Vallejo (and Benicia) used to be just a sleepy, crappy, down-scale town. As real estate prices hit the Bay Area stratosphere, it's gotten a lot busier. When I was Navy across the Strait at Port Chicago, ...Concord used to be a nice little 'burb and seems over run.

Side note, Benicia was named after one of Gen'l Patton's ancestors.

Not sure if there's any connection to the violence, but Benecia Arsenal closed about 50 years ago. Mare Island closed maybe 20 years ago, as did the inland area of Concord Naval Weapons Station. SDDC (used to be called MTMC) now runs the port facilities (tidal) at the former Navy Depot.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I can give you a pretty good description. Just about any honest person with a triple digit IQ can do so.

yeah

I just got a google street view of the surrounding neighborhood and it was just as I expected (maybe a little cleaner than I thought but hey the city must on top of their game)

I saw wayyyy to many cars at home during the day...this tells me there are a lot of unemployed people....I normally tell people to visit a prospective neighborhood once during the day and once after dark...you will learn a lot

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11281 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Gotta love how they write the headline to make the impression nine were shot, eh?

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I got to visit SF and the surrounding as a kid, right after the Gulf War. My Dad's friend worked on the Naval Oakland Supply facility and we got a tour of a ship that was there at the time. He also drove us to Treasure Island, Alameda NAS (A-6s were taking off), over to the Presidio (some -53s were flying around near the bridge... It was a very memorable trip and to see the city (then) with the military, it was quite an experience.

Fast forward only 10-15 years later, with all the military kicked out (except a lowly ANG / NASA base down at Moffett), and it was just sad the last couple of times up there.

Other than Muir Woods, there is nothing I really care to see again.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
Gotta love how they write the headline to make the impression nine were shot, eh?

Here is an update from Vallejo Police Press Release.

On April 16, 2017 at about 0015 hours, Officers were detailed to a shots fired call in the 100 block of Calhoun Street. A house party had been held which was predominantly attended by teenagers. The party was breaking up at the time of the shooting. Approximately 30 juveniles were in front of the residence.

Witnesses report that two suspects fired handguns into the crowd. The suspects fled the area in a brown compact car. The motivation of the shooting is unknown at this time.

Eight juveniles were shot. Their injuries range from bullet grazes to serious gun shot wounds. The victims range in age from 13-17 years. All were transported to local hospitals and were either listed in stable or serious condition.

One juvenile was trampled during the incident and suffered a dislocated shoulder.

Vallejo police detectives have been actively working the case since that hour. The investigation, including crime lab review of the physical evidence is still on-going.

Anyone with information regarding this crime is encouraged to call Detective Kevin Rose at 707-651-7146. Or Solano Crime Stoppers at the number listed below.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post