SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Huge explosion in Iran,
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Huge explosion in Iran, Login/Join 
No double standards
posted Hide Post
I am sure it was a geophysical event, nothing related to military matters. After all, how many $$ Millions did Iran receive from the US to promise peace?? Roll Eyes

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
Looks like the Israelis are having fun again. Smile

indeed

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 362 | Location: Mansfield, TX | Registered: April 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
Looks like the Israelis are having fun again. Smile

That was my first reaction as well, but it could have been their own mishap. We'll likely never really know for sure.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Followers of Islam are notoriously poor at heeding preventive safety measures. They are fatalists who believe that Allah controls everything in their lives and that they can't change anything. It makes it interesting to fly with a Moslem pilot . . . .

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
The Ayatollah loves refried beans.

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I also read somewhere today where the Dutch had reported some radioactive particles in the atmosphere but were pretty sure it was from a civilian source.

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I also read somewhere today where the Dutch had reported some radioactive particles in the atmosphere but were pretty sure it was from a civilian source.

It's possible it was an incomplete or, partial nuclear detonation.
Nuclear explosions require A LOT of things to happen all at the same time.

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dewhorse,

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Iran Watch is pretty informative.

https://www.iranwatch.org

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
One of these days I will figure out how to embed a video

http://www.karmanator.com/tubeit.pl

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whanson_wi:
The State Department should immediately deny culpability, via their most mealy-mouthed non-credible spokescritter.

CNN?

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4FfNYjw6qU

www.karmanator.com, use the “Tube it!” link near the bottom of the page.

Looks like there is a search link too, I’ll have to check that out.

Or if you’re not interested in Chance’s other efforts, you can go direct to http://www.karmanator.com/tubeit.pl
Enjoy!

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
That is a crying shame. I hope no one was hurt.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4FfNYjw6qU

www.karmanator.com, use the “Tube it!” link near the bottom of the page.

Looks like there is a search link too, I’ll have to check that out.

Or if you’re not interested in Chance’s other efforts, you can go direct to http://www.karmanator.com/tubeit.pl
Enjoy!

finally

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:

Geez, watched this for 15 minutes waiting to see one go off and not joy. Good news is the Iranian Inspector seems to have set off a really big one.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5621 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
So a bunch of goat fucking ragheads got blowed up? I'm good with that Big Grin

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hberttmank:
So a bunch of goat fucking ragheads got blowed up? I'm good with that Big Grin

Would you like to join with me in sending a 'don't get well too soon' card?

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Mystery Deepens: Third Iran Fire In A Week Damages Centrifuge Facility

https://hotair.com/archives/ed...centrifuge-facility/

A week after Iranian officials tried to explain away a massive explosion at Parchin as a civilian-area accident, a large fire at Natanz might prove more difficult to dismiss. Natanz, like Parchin, is a site where the US alleges that Iran has performed work on their nuclear-weapons program, and experts believe that uranium-enriching centrifuge work might have been the target this time:

Iran says there has been an “incident” at one of its nuclear facilities.

Atomic Energy Organisation of Iran (AEOI) spokesman Behrouz Kamalvandi did not give details of what happened at the Natanz uranium enrichment plant.

But he said the incident took place in a building that was under construction, and that there were no casualties or concerns about contamination.

The governor of Natanz city was later quoted by Tasnim news agency as describing the incident as a fire.

U.S.-based analysts have told The Associated Press that they believe a fire at an Iran nuclear site struck a new centrifuge production facility. …

Two analysts say they believe the fire struck the production, based on a photo released by Iran, the site of the fire and satellite images.

They are Fabian Hinz, a researcher at the James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies in Monterey, California, and David Albright of the Institute for Science and International Security. Both study Iran.

Three mysterious incidents, linked by explosions – at least two of them at secretive nuclear and weapons facilities – have rocked Iran in the past week. All three have been reported by Iranian media with various excuses about how they are less serious than they appear, that they are being investigated and that there is no major story to tell.

On June 25, a massive explosion, seen many miles away in Tehran, burned a hillside near a missile complex at Khojir. On June 30, a medical center suffered a fire in Tehran, killing at least 18 people. And on July 2, an incident at Iran’s Natanz enrichment facility was mentioned by the country’s official media, without elaboration. Officials claimed that only a shed was damaged. In each case, officials appeared to try to get ahead of the story by obfuscating about the seriousness of the incident or why it took place at a sensitive facility.

This leads to key questions about why so many explosions or incidents have affected key aspects of Iran’s military-industrial complex. Rumors posted on social media and elsewhere online have suggested not only a cover up but also allegations of a “cyber” attack or other concerns about how these incidents unfolded. Iran alleged a cyber attack harmed Shahid Rajaee port in May, in the wake of an Iranian cyber attack on Israel.

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm sure you'll all join with me in wishing them great lack of success in their endeavours.

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post