SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Alan Page was a MN Supreme Court Justice
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alan Page was a MN Supreme Court Justice Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
Alan Page was a superb defensive tackle for the Minnesota Vikings, but I didn’t know that he was a judge.

“Ruth Bader Ginsburg made her first public appearance since taking a fall that left her with three cracked ribs, showing up at President Donald Trump's Medal of Freedom Award ceremony.

She was in the audience with other Supreme Court Justices, including John Roberts and Brett Kavanaugh, in support of the late Associate Justice Antonin Scalia.

'Glad to see you're feeling great,' Trump told her in a call out.

Ginsburg, 85, returned to work this week, but she had not been seen, until the ceremony at the White House on Friday.
Trump also awarded the medal posthumously to Elvis Presley and George Herman 'Babe' Ruth, Jr. Family members of the deceased recipients accepted their awards.

Other recipients included retiring Republican Senator Orrin Hatch, Miriam and Sheldon Adelson, former professional football player Roger Staubach and former Minnesota Supreme Court Justice Alan Page…”

https://dailym.ai/2Q0nvLq

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads-up.
However, those of us who live in this "Land of 10 Billion Mosquitos"; we knew that already Smile

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Lot of respect for Alan Page. While I believe he leans more liberal, he was always very cafeful during radio interviews to never ‘take a side’ in conversations as he did not want anyone to question his ability to be impartial.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
Alan Page is awesome. He wanted to get quicker and lighter at the end of his career and he started running. Turned out he ran the same routes as I did and I saw him and his wife all the time. The Vikings didn't like as they thought he was too light. But he proved them wrong.

He comes out to the Twin Cities Marathon every year and plays the tuba for the runners as they go by.

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post