SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Grab-A-Gun in Coppell, TX burglarized; 24 guns taken
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grab-A-Gun in Coppell, TX burglarized; 24 guns taken Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
Grab-a-gun is an online seller as well as a traditional shop. My customers have bought dozens of guns from them.

I hope these wankers are caught soon and Texas throws the book at them, as I have no doubt they re not selling the guns to law-abiding citizens. Five years per gun, consecutive sentences, sounds about right, if they plead guilty. If not, then tack on the maximum penalty for burglary, possession by felons, vandalism, failing to complete a 4473, and illegal parking.

quote:
http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article148192589.htmlhttp://www.star-telegram.com/: Grab-A-Gun: $10,000 reward offered for info on pair who stole guns from Coppell store

By Rafael Sears

A $10,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of two men who broke into gun shop and stole 24 guns in Coppell on April 14.

The burglary occurred about 1 a.m. when the two men, wearing dark clothes, masks and gloves, entered Grab-A-Gun in the 200 block of Belt Line Road, according to a press release from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Dallas Field Division.

With an SUV waiting outside, they broke open display cases with sharp-edged tools, took 14 handguns and 10 long guns and then made their escape in the vehicle, according to the press release.

They were captured on video surveillance footage. They are both described as medium build and one suspect is about 5 feet 8 inches and the other is about inch shorter, the press release states.

The ATF and the National Sports Shooting Foundation are each offering $5,000, according to the press release. The reward is part of a cooperative initiative between the two organizations and the trade association for the firearms industry where the NSSF matches ATF’s reward when firearms are stolen from federally licensed firearms retailer.

Call the ATF Dallas Field Division at 469-227-4300 or 800-283-4867 with any information regarding these crimes.

A tip can also be reported via text or through ATF’s new “reportit” app. To text a tip, send the code ATFDAL to 63975, then follow the link to create a report.

The “reportit” app is available at www.reportit.com at Google Play and the Apple App Store.

All tips are confidential and can be anonymous.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31428 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Saw this on the news, I know that shop pretty well. Scary Eek

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I ordered a gun from them yesterday! Hope the story has a quick and happy ending!

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
The thieves were just doing as the name suggested- grab a gun, or more.

I have dealt with Grab a Gun, was very pleased.

Hope they catch 'em and recover the firearms before any harm is done with them.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ordered from them half dozen times

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post