SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Franken resigns
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Franken resigns Login/Join 
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
@newtoSig765 is 100% correct.

If I were a Democrat, I'd be worried that I could be the next one thrown under the bus, just to advance the party platform.

The Democrats have absolutely no loyalty except to their warped agenda.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
What...only a billion??? Sorry, I have standards! Wink

quote:
Originally posted by JoseyWales2:
I swear some of you people would find something to complain about if a naked beautiful woman knocked on your door with a billion dollars in cash.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JR78:
Poor Stuart, he just isn't good enough

Stuart, you are good for nothing, you are dumber than shit, and god dammit, NOBODY fucking likes you!

Posts: 5098 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Franken resigns

Not exactly.
What he did was announce his intention to resign at some point in the future.

quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
I wouldn't be surprised if he "un-resigns" after Moore is elected.

Yes... he could still do that.
But it's more likely the other way around.
They want to go after Moore with everything they've got. Which they can't do if Franken is still in the Senate. But... if Moore loses, then they don't have to go after him. Franken can then change his mind.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
@newtoSig765 is 100% correct.

If I were a Democrat, I'd be worried that I could be the next one thrown under the bus, just to advance the party platform.

The Democrats have absolutely no loyalty except to their warped agenda.

Hey, Man! Don't harsh his mellow!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Franken resigns

Not exactly.
What he did was announce his intention to resign at some point in the future.

Yep he said that maybe perhaps sometime in the future when I'm ready I'll probably maybe resign, oh and Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump.....

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
No, nothing could be worse than that bitch in charge. I’ll continue to stand behind the Pres Elect.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post

I wasn't good enough
I wasn't smart enough
Women didn't like me
I was really just a pervert

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigCity:
Too bad he gets all that free retirement money for life.

Politicians and bureaucrats always take care of themselves first. Roll Eyes

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:

I swear some of you people would find something to complain about if a naked beautiful woman knocked on your door with a billion dollars in cash.

So, are you saying we are all male prostitutes?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
There's going to be a renewed attack on Trump as a "sexual predator." Can't you just smell that coming?

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
There's going to be a renewed attack on Trump as a "sexual predator." Can't you just smell that coming?

Serious question: Is there any credible evidence (like Franken's photo) that Trump actually DID anything other than throw out a line of locker room BS? It certainly wouldn't be out of character for him to brag in front of the boys and embellish the story.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Good, let's hope it's for real and happens quickly.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
This smarmy, smug little weasel, said he INTENDS to resign. There's wiggle room in there.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
he is likely waiting on the contracts to be finalized on the book deals, speaking engagements and HBO special, that will all lead up to his own talk show,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Glad to see him go. But it's not likely that MN will replace him with anyone better.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Glad to see him go. But it's not likely that MN will replace him with anyone better.

Really? It would be hard to do worse.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Remember, Thursday is trash day.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah, in my dreams.
All I ever got was Ed McMahon ringing my doorbell with a big Publisher's Warehouse check in one hand, and inappropriately touching himself with the other.

I finally had to file a no trespass order with the local PD. Wink© (<-------- Its just a joke, don't sue me icon)

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post