SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Franken resigns
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Franken resigns Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted
https://www.npr.org/2017/12/07...ls-for-him-to-resign

I won't miss him.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
YES!

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Mkay, bye! Big Grin

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Wonder if Saturday Night Live will take him back.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
Too bad he gets all that free retirement money for life.

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1727 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
Wonder if Saturday Night Live will take him back.

SNL will definitely take him back. They are as rabidly Trump-hating and as attention-whoring as they come. Unfortunately, this will actually revitalize Franken's career.

It will be the best thing that ever happened to Franken.
And you KNOW that the Left will start chanting "See...our woman-abuser was forced to resign, so Trump must resign!"

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
Smug prick!

"I will be resigning over the next several weeks..." Fuck that!!! PerV walk him now!!!

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

His sh*t was funny until it wasn't funny anymore.

----------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Well, at least he gets to keep his pension. Mad

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The aim of this phony New Puritanism is to destroy the Republican Party including Trump, and the Dims are willing to take any and all casualties necessary to reach their goal. They have elevated Mob Rule over Rule of Law once again, and will continue to do so as long as it serves their purposes, then go back to their old ways.

Conyers and Franken may be gone, the Clintons are on their ways out, but the Dims won't stop until they have complete control.

I see the next few months being worse for Trump than I ever would have imagined when I voted for him, and probably worse than if The Beast had won instead. I won't celebrate today. I think I'll clean my rifle.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I guess that he will write a new book now titled 'I blew it'.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GRTBR.

Posts: 1169 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
To split hairs, he will resign, still there for a while.

The Al Franken Century has gone off the rails.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't be surprised if he "un-resigns" after Moore is elected.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Minnesota’s female Democratic lieutenant governor will reportedly replace Sen. Al Franken if he resigns from the U.S. Senate Thursday, following multiple allegations of sexual misconduct.

Tina Smith, the current Minnesota lieutenant governor will be appointed to Franken’s seat by Democratic Gov. Mark Dayton, according to Politico. Franken will make a statement Thursday, after more than two dozen of his Democratic colleagues in the Senate called for him to resign Wednesday as a seventh accuser spoke out about Franken harassing her when she was an aide.

Smith is reportedly being appointed due to her relationship with Dayton. She worked under the Minnesota governor as his chief of staff on his first gubernatorial campaign and ran as his running mate in 2o14. She also might be appointed as a tactic to avoid a special election and the possibility of a Republican taking over Franken’s seat

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12...anken-if-he-resigns/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
She worked under the Minnesota governor as his chief of staff

My inner 13 yr old is giggling itself silly Big Grin

Posts: 6354 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
Poor Stuart, he just isn't good enough

Posts: 1963 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoseyWales2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
I see the next few months being worse for Trump than I ever would have imagined when I voted for him, and probably worse than if The Beast had won instead. I won't celebrate today. I think I'll clean my rifle.

Give me a break. Franken resigning and thus the media/Dems will attack Trump means things are worse than if Hillary won? The Dims/media have NEVER stopped attacking Trump, never will stop and nothing is worse than if Hillary would have won.

I swear some of you people would find something to complain about if a naked beautiful woman knocked on your door with a billion dollars in cash.

----------------------------------
"These things you say we will have, we already have."
"That's true. I ain't promising you nothing extra."

Posts: 576 | Location: Missouri | Registered: October 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoseyWales2:
I swear some of you people would find something to complain about if a naked beautiful woman knocked on your door with a billion dollars in cash.

Well...if she can't cook....

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post