SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Franken resigns
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Franken resigns Login/Join 
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
He can sell Al Franken dolls with the Kung Fu Grope™.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Or German Beer mugs...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
I swear some of you people would find something to complain about if a naked beautiful woman knocked on your door with a billion dollars in cash.
What do her knees look like? Smile

Seriously, when can I expect this woman?

Posts: 6469 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoseyWales2:
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
I see the next few months being worse for Trump than I ever would have imagined when I voted for him, and probably worse than if The Beast had won instead. I won't celebrate today. I think I'll clean my rifle.

Give me a break. Franken resigning and thus the media/Dems will attack Trump means things are worse than if Hillary won? The Dims/media have NEVER stopped attacking Trump, never will stop and nothing is worse than if Hillary would have won.

I swear some of you people would find something to complain about if a naked beautiful woman knocked on your door with a billion dollars in cash.

Dude all that taxes I'd owe? no way I'd want that.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Franken resigns

Not exactly.
What he did was announce his intention to resign at some point in the future.

Yep he said that maybe perhaps sometime in the future when I'm ready I'll probably maybe resign, oh and Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump.....

Several news agencies have noted that Franken called out Trump and Moore as being accused as well but no action being taken. I'm sorry but the argument "THEY DID IT TOO..." has never worked, ever. Not in elementary school, not in High school, not in court. It just makes you look like a bigger douche.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rsd1220
posted Hide Post
Of course that demoRAT POS uses the stinking announcement to take parting shots at President Trump.

__Phase plasma rifle in the 40-watt range__

Posts: 1113 | Location: Pangea | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Just saw ol' bernie Sanders came out and said Trump should take a page from the everyone else and resign for his video leaked stuff.

I wish Trump would announce some kind of fake resignation and then just when they're done celebrating drop a big, "just kidding"

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:Yep. His office issued a statement that it is not a done deal.

I'm not seeing that in the linked article.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
I wouldn't be surprised if he "un-resigns" after Moore is elected.

Interesting, flipping channels I happened upon CNN for a moment and one of the gals on there was speculating on that possibility.

Franken did not resign today.
Why not?

This thread title should be:
Franken stated his intention to resign, but has yet to follow through and do so.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Doesn't the Senate still have to vote on the Tax Cut bill...dems can't afford minus 1 vote.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by JoseyWales2:

Well...if she can't cook....

Maybe she can clean, wash dishes, wash clothes, and do the ironing. You gotta learn to have people work to their strong points while developing and improving on their weak points. Big Grin

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
There's going to be a renewed attack on Trump as a "sexual predator." Can't you just smell that coming?

Serious question: Is there any credible evidence (like Franken's photo) that Trump actually DID anything other than throw out a line of locker room BS? It certainly wouldn't be out of character for him to brag in front of the boys and embellish the story.

I think the attack will come, and like the other daily assaults it will fail. But they will probably trot out new women who make claims.

They have no idea who Trump is, what he represents, or why his base is absolutely loyal. But they will make a lot of noise for a while, the corrupt bastards.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I think Franken will actually resign, although he left some wiggle room. This announcement paints him into too much of a corner.

Some of you watch too much "House of Cards."

(Nice reference, isn't it? Wink )

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
It paints him into a corner, but it buys him time and may buy him a bit of leverage. We don't have a date certain, and he may be hoping to trade his fellow Dems a date certain for something else. As I said earlier, though, I think he's looking for a way to use Moore's election as a way to play through the rough. I don't know that such a way exists, but if he stays in then he at least positions himself to take advantage of any opening that may pop up.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:Yep. His office issued a statement that it is not a done deal.

I'm not seeing that in the linked article.

My mistake: check this one--

That was his staff's response to a Wednesday MPR report. I don't think there have been any denials since today's speech.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
I wish Trump would announce some kind of fake resignation and then just when they're done celebrating drop a big, "just kidding"

April 1st would be a good day Big Grin

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Formerly a comedian, now a joke.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
Formerly a comedian, now a joke.

And one who never should have been in Congress in the first place given the blatant and obvious voter fraud of his election.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Serious question: Is there any credible evidence (like Franken's photo) that Trump actually DID anything other than throw out a line of locker room BS? It certainly wouldn't be out of character for him to brag in front of the boys and embellish the story.

One of the talking heads on TV pointed out today that that was Trump the Democrat on that tape. I'm not sure of Trump's political affiliation timelines but, if true, yes, it was most likely a line of BS.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5785 | Location: Pegram, TN | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
This thread title is fake news.
Franken did not resign.

I think Dana Perino of FOX hit the nail on the head.
Franken is leaving the door open, and will not resign if Moore wins.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post