SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ben Shapiro Live at Berkeley 9/17 10PM ET
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ben Shapiro Live at Berkeley 9/17 10PM ET Login/Join 
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted
Tonight Ben Shapiro will be speaking live at Berkeley (as long as security and police do their jobs). He and YAF (Young Americans Foundation) have pushed hard to get the powers-that-be to allow him to speak, and to protect his right to do so.

You can stream it live. According to the YAF website, you have to sign up. It may be that you don't have to do that and can just catch it on youtube. If you do want to sign up, do so here: http://www.yaf.org/live/

(I signed up and got the message to return to http://www.yaf.org/live/ at the time of the event.)

EDIT TO ADD:

You should be able to watch right here:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elqhp99Fz0I

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rusbro,

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Is it a speech or a debate? For some reason I thought I heard he was going to be in a debate.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Is it a speech or a debate? For some reason I thought I heard he was going to be in a debate.

I listen to his podcast daily and have heard nothing about there being a debate, though he normally will do a long Q&A session after the speech. He gladly debates leftists.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Listened to him talk to a KIRO radio host yesterday afternoon in anticipation of his talk. Basically, Berkeley is doing what they've done in recent memory with political speakers who aren't left of Mao. It's probably going to be a shit-show. I just hope he gets to speak unharmed.

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge: It's probably going to be a shit-show. I just hope he gets to speak unharmed.

You can be antifa will be there, both inside and outside of the venue. The Berkeley city council (or maybe some other board of city government GDCs) actually had to vote to allow the police to use pepper spray tonight. Shapiro has said he doesn't want people on the right showing up to do battle. He wants them there to be a stark contrast showing which side the violence and hate originates from.

Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Berkeley has been putting up concrete barriers...so I guess no violence right? Roll Eyes

quote:

BUILD THAT WALL: Berkeley Puts Up Concrete Barriers All Over Town To Stop Antifa At Shapiro Speech

The city of Berkeley, taking no chances with prospective violence from leftists who oppose the very idea of Daily Wire Editor-in-Chief Ben Shapiro speaking at the University of California, Berkeley on Thursday night, is erecting concrete barriers around town to prevent protesters from running amok.

The city of Berkeley is permitting police to use pepper spray if protesters get violent; AP reported police chief Andrew Greenwood vowed to make “very strong, rapid arrests” if any demonstrators carry weapons or wear masks.

The city of Berkeley announced on Wednesday that it would temporarily ban billy clubs, torches, flags, baseball bats, and pipes at public parks and the areas around campus, according to the Daily Californian. Three of Berkeley’s public parks will not permit people to wear masks and bandannas.

On Wednesday, Shapiro himself told NBC Bay Area, “I’m just coming to campus to give a speech about the uselessness of violence in political discourse. And now half the city is being shut down. I have to admit I’m sort of confused at what I’ve done to cause this. Everyone’s treating it like Godzilla is coming to town.”

http://www.dailywire.com/news/...riers-all-daily-wire

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's some kinda wall. Great job.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Berkeley refused to sell balcony seats for fear the antifas would throw heavy objects from above. How about providing adequate security instead?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Berkeley refused to sell balcony seats for fear the antifas would throw heavy objects from above.
That's called a clue. I wonder if it's sinking in now.

Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
"Some guy named Ben Shapiro is going to share his thoughts! It's time to burn, pillage, destroy, assault and kill people!!! Oh, the humanity!!!""

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Berkeley has rolled out the welcome mat for Shapiro Roll Eyes

https://twitter.com/berkeleysi...s/908421725691318272

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Later this month during "Free Speech Week", Milo Yiannopoulos, Steve Bannon, Ann Coulter, and Pam Geller will be speaking at Berkeley as well, along with a Navy Seal security detail.

Should be good clean fun.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09...ny-milo-to-berkeley/
https://www.usatoday.com/story...eech-week/659425001/
http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/...erkeley-12192297.php

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
The university will literally have counselors at the ready, to wipe the tears and change the diapers of students and faculty triggered by Shapiro's appearance!

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSCDsWMMcgI

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Not a lot of confidence in the Berkeley "No Show" police department...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I added a direct link to the youtube feed at the top of this thread.

Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
another good take on it.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
The Shapiro @ Berkley Pregame Festivities are being covered at the linked video below.

I recommend taking ALL of your blood pressure medications (not one dose, ALL of them), ALL of the pain medications, ALL of your vitamins, and chugging a bottle of bourbon before listening. Some of the vitriol being spewed is, as my dear-departed mum would say, "COMMUNIST BULLSHIT!" Mom had a way with words.

The current Vegas line on violence is:

Antifa caused... 10,000,000,000 to 1. (i.e., the odds that Antifa causes violence is ten billion times as likely as not).

Ben Shapiro caused 1:10,000,000,000.

White Supremacist caused: No odds, tomorrow is a work day. They aren't showing up.

The feed, however, is hilarious.

America hasn't been this divided since 1760.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31436 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't mind if Antifa trashed the place leading up to Ben's speach - you know, prove who the terrorist really are.

I'll be over the hill in Orinda at a party Sunday afternoon. Maybe I should buy tickets and offer them to my D co-workers. Cool

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Watching now