SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What's the most interesting karma you have won?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's the most interesting karma you have won? Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
Over the last 15 years, I have won a karma or two. All have been appreciated and used (none resold either). However, I think this is the most interesting one. It's an original Checkpoint Charlie patch circa the Cold War. Unfortunately, I can't remember who gave it to me but thanks once again for it (and the NOAA patch). I have it on a shelf in my office to this day.
(Click to enlarge)
[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I can think of a couple of useful things I've won, but you asked for interesting karmas, so that would be the NRA "History of Firearms" book. It was a rather large volume with real nice paper. I kept for over a year or more and re-karma'd it.

I can't remember who I won it from either.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Seiko wristwatch!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39753 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
I won a story from doc Steve which I read and deleted per his request. When I say story I mean personal experience.

I also won a jar of Mrs Thunderson's homemade Apple Butter from a Karma by Thunderson. Hands down the best I've ever had and I've been waiting ever since for him to offer up another one. (Shameless non-subtle hint)

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3851 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
My spork from Neva.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
I have won a few karmas, and I've been very grateful for every one of them. One was a brand new holster from Country Boy. What an EXCELLENT piece of leather workmanship!

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have beem the recipient of a NIB Norton Anti-virus software. Which I needed, and it was cool.

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
I feel bad because I can't remember the member's name but I won (twice no less) the homemade smoked salmon from Alaska Karma. Amazing, unlike anything I've ever had.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I won a karma from a good member here who lives in Florida. It was a bunch of ball bearings. I was going to use them as projectiles for Mrs DFs sling. The interesting part is that the box arrived empty. There was a tear in the box which I assume is where the ball bearings escaped. What I thought was funny is that the delivery service actually delivered an empty box! hahaha!!! I didn't mention anything to the member because I didn't want him to feel any obligation to send more and incur extra expense. I do feel bad that he put something extra in there but I have no idea what it was. So there it is. Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
I won a story from doc Steve which I read and deleted per his request. When I say story I mean personal experience.

So, you're saying Doc Steve took out UBL? Wink. This sounds like the most interesting karma ever considering Doc Steve's background.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Right after the election, I won a giant 3D printed Lego character of Donald Trump holding a MAGA sign. It's awesome.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
I asked a question about work gloves here, a member sent me an awesome selection of several pair. One pair had "Dyneema" on written them. Those gloves are indestructible. I have worn them for every outdoor task and they have held up like nothing I have ever had. I wish I had written down the manufacturer and type, I would buy a couple pair of those.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1353 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Minnow:
I asked a question about work gloves here, a member sent me an awesome selection of several pair. One pair had "Dyneema" on written them. Those gloves are indestructible. I have worn them for every outdoor task and they have held up like nothing I have ever had. I wish I had written down the manufacturer and type, I would buy a couple pair of those.

Just curious was it one of these?
https://www.amazon.com/dyneema...k%3Adyneema%20gloves

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
I feel bad because I can't remember the member's name but I won (twice no less) the homemade smoked salmon from Alaska Karma. Amazing, unlike anything I've ever had.

ZacSquatch, perhaps?

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fla. Jim:
Just curious was it one of these?
https://www.amazon.com/dyneema...k%3Adyneema%20gloves

The ones you linked to have a coating that mine do not have. They may be a viable option though. Thanks!

And sorry for the thread drift OP.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1353 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I have won many Karma's and received many great gifts, I thank every one that sent them very much.

The two that stand out to me, is one that I won from shifferbrains, a Sig P226 .22lr conversion kit for my W. German 226, and a beautiful Citizen wristwatch from Dave Truong, thanks again guys.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Maple Cream!

Posts: 11387 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have won a couple of Karmas, and they have all been very cool. I think the coolest one that I won was an American flag for flag day.

Posts: 2226 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of a Series
of Accidents
posted Hide Post
I advertised in the forum Classifieds that I wanted to buy some AR15 parts.

12131 responded that he had the parts and would send them to me for FREE!

Smile

I karma'ed a holster in recognition of his generosity.

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Posts: 1971 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: February 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I won a karma from a good member here who lives in Florida. It was a bunch of ball bearings. I was going to use them as projectiles for Mrs DFs sling. The interesting part is that the box arrived empty. There was a tear in the box which I assume is where the ball bearings escaped. What I thought was funny is that the delivery service actually delivered an empty box! hahaha!!! I didn't mention anything to the member because I didn't want him to feel any obligation to send more and incur extra expense. I do feel bad that he put something extra in there but I have no idea what it was. So there it is. Big Grin

Dammit Jim (Yes, I know that's not your name) you should have said something. I collect the ball bearings from bad wheel bearings at work. My only expense is shipping, which is nominal. FOr the life of me I can't remember what the Extra item was though.

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post